Pages:
Author

Topic: Human trials of corona virus vaccine - page 2. (Read 256 times)

legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
July 13, 2020, 05:56:08 PM
Different countries prepare their vaccines differently. That's why Russia might have success where the USA gets the following.

BOMBSHELL: Covid-19 infection rate may be 440% higher among children who received FLU SHOTS…

A new study published in the journal Clinical Infectious Diseases finds that children who received inactivated influenza vaccines were 440% more likely (relative risk: 4.40; 95% confidence interval: 1.31-14.Cool to acquire infections of respiratory viral pathogens which are not influenza. With the aggressive push for influenza immunizations now under way, the medical establishment may be setting up children to be extremely vulnerable to coronavirus infections.

Titled, "Increased Risk of Noninfluenza Respiratory Virus Infections Associated With Receipt of Inactivated Influenza Vaccine," the study is found at this link at the National Library of Medicine:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3404712/

The study finds that flu shots quite literally inactivate parts of the human immune system, rendering the child more vulnerable to coronavirus infections. "Being protected against influenza, trivalent inactivated influenza vaccine recipients may lack temporary non-specific immunity that protected against other respiratory viruses," the study authors write.

The study authors explain that the influenza vaccine works to prevent influenza virus infections, but at the same time it makes children more susceptible to other respiratory infections. Since the Infection Fatality Rate (IFR) for seasonal influenza is so low (around 0.024%, which is not a typo), and the Infection Fatality Rate of covid-19 infections is at least one order of magnitude higher, it raises the obvious question:

Would it save more lives of children to avoid administering flu shots this year and therefore reduce their vulnerability to covid-19, which has a far higher fatality rate?

Those who push flu shots may be worsening the coronavirus pandemic

Cool
Activity: 1904
Merit: 138
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
July 13, 2020, 04:28:01 PM
~ you’re absolutely correct as it’s just been few months since they started the research, and normally a vaccine takes up to 10 year’s to be completed, hence I won’t be taking it even if it launches by this year’s end. ~

It's the right decision. I also refuse vaccination because I live in Russia. I am very familiar with Russian "free" medicine and our bureaucracy.

I think that five years is enough to detect negative consequences of vaccination and at least 1000 volunteers.

Do you consider that maybe we have sophisticated instruments and equipment these days? The reason why the testing is bit fast. But anyway, it is your prerogative on how you want with this vaccination thing and as you said, you are very familiar with Russian ways on this aspect. And we will see how potent their vaccine will be in the years to come.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!
July 13, 2020, 04:24:20 PM
I'm not anti-vaxer or something, but I'm a bit sceptical about vaccine for coronavirus and I doubt that I'm going to use it. First, I'm not sure that's possible to create both safe and effective vaccine in such short frame of time.
And I had read somewhere that there is different strains of coronavirus coronavirus, so vaccine may not help. But I'm not sure how reliable this information is.
Also, if second wave will happen, there may be mutations of virus, same like we have new mutations of flu each season and new vaccine is needed every year. If there will be new mutations of Covid-19, this vaccine simply will not work.
And I have strong immunity system, I never use flu vaccine and I didn't even had cold in recent years. I think some commom sense and things like hygiene and distance may be enough to protect yourself from virus.
Activity: 980
Merit: 114
July 13, 2020, 03:53:37 PM
This is good news and I pray it resolve most of the fears the whole world is having about this covid19. The vaccine if used and we got positive results then we should expect world economy coming back to life.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1224
'Life's but a walking shadow'!
July 13, 2020, 01:27:07 PM
it’s just been few months since they started the research, and normally a vaccine takes up to 10 year’s to be completed, hence I won’t be taking it even if it launches by this year’s end.
The production of a covid-19 vaccine is prolly moving faster than it should when it comes to the expected time it should take in making a vaccine; but imo scientists are working faster because the world atm is in need of a solution to corona virus asap, and tbh, social distancing, wearing of face masks, lockdowns have not done too much good in stopping the spread of the virus, the more reason i think we'll not have to wait that long (10yrs or so) for a covid-19 vaccine, or we would have to stay locked down for years.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 2005
July 13, 2020, 01:00:03 PM
~ you’re absolutely correct as it’s just been few months since they started the research, and normally a vaccine takes up to 10 year’s to be completed, hence I won’t be taking it even if it launches by this year’s end. ~

It's the right decision. I also refuse vaccination because I live in Russia. I am very familiar with Russian "free" medicine and our bureaucracy.

I think that five years is enough to detect negative consequences of vaccination and at least 1000 volunteers.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 686
July 13, 2020, 12:48:10 PM
There is news emerging from Russia that a covid-19 vaccine being developed in the country has passed the phase of human trial, an excerpt of the news reads thus:
Elena Smolyarchuk, chief researcher for the Russian Center for Clinical Research on Medications at Sechenov University, told TASS newswire on Sunday that human trials for the vaccine had been completed and those test patients will be discharged soon.
This news cannot come quicker for countries that are yet to reach their peak and still losing countless numbers of their citizens to corona virus daily. How reliable can this information coming out from Russia be, and if it indeed is true, what does it mean to the world at large and how do you envisage the commercialization process of the vaccine.

Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2020/07/13/russia-completes-human-trials-of-covid-19-vaccine/amp/

I do not argue that the tests could show positive results, but in my opinion, too little time has passed for scientists to make sure that there are no threats to the body, as negative consequences may not appear immediately.

@coyster yea they’re proceeding to the third phase now which should be completed by August, and even though this is exciting news for the world I’m skeptical as to how did they conduct the tests so fast, and how safe will these vaccines actually be. @madnessteat you’re absolutely correct as it’s just been few months since they started the research, and normally a vaccine takes up to 10 year’s to be completed, hence I won’t be taking it even if it launches by this year’s end.

Sources:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/russia-may-start-phase-iii-140149132.html?

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/27/vaccine-development-takes-10-years-sanofi-seeks-to-do-so-in-18-months.html
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 2005
July 13, 2020, 12:11:41 PM
I do not argue that the tests could show positive results, but in my opinion, too little time has passed for scientists to make sure that there are no threats to the body, as negative consequences may not appear immediately.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1224
'Life's but a walking shadow'!
July 13, 2020, 11:58:35 AM
There is news emerging from Russia that a covid-19 vaccine being developed in the country has passed the phase of human trial, an excerpt of the news reads thus:
Elena Smolyarchuk, chief researcher for the Russian Center for Clinical Research on Medications at Sechenov University, told TASS newswire on Sunday that human trials for the vaccine had been completed and those test patients will be discharged soon.
This news cannot come quicker for countries that are yet to reach their peak and still losing countless numbers of their citizens to corona virus daily. How reliable can this information coming out from Russia be, and if it indeed is true, what does it mean to the world at large and how do you envisage the commercialization process of the vaccine.

Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2020/07/13/russia-completes-human-trials-of-covid-19-vaccine/amp/
Pages:
Jump to: