Pages:
Author

Topic: I almost lost my rock solid regular job because of crypto - page 38. (Read 5055 times)

Activity: 552
Merit: 250
Like the title says, i almost lost my regular job as a software developer today when my boss reviewed my work. The job has been able to economically provide a comfortable life for me and losing it would really be a big hit to my income. I almost lost it because i spent so much time learning about everything crypto (mining, trading, bounties, etc.).

Has anyone else experienced this? I just feel pretty lucky I was given another chance and want to remind other people that having a regular job is much better than relying on the volatility of cryptocurrencies. Make sure you prioritize your work!

Yes i admitted that i also experience that almost i lost my job and that time my regularization was on process so that im afraid if they fire me but as like you they give me a chance to make my work nice and good but I've never stop to learn cryptocurrency but i am doing in my free time like evening and this is what we called yime management.
Activity: 155
Merit: 13
Arabic Translation. Pm me
Man check it in your spare time,
Make it a hobby after work. Or on your days off or somethin
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
You are supposed to see crypto activities as a hobby providing a second stream of income which should be attended to at your spear time. Please leave the rigor of 24/7 to career bitcoiners.
Activity: 868
Merit: 150
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
That is true.it is not fair to used your time and spend it in other matter.we are being paid to specific job.but sometime we're tempted.but if you have spare time and not affecting your work  why not.using your time in more productive ways is better than watching..

I think OP had forgotten to have time management that's why even his work gets compromise and here he is blaming all in cryptos when he shouldn't. Well if someone doesn't like to continue his regular job then he can resign and accept everything in being unemployed and just focus in cryptos but he should know that with cryptos we don't have a stable income so better to learn to fasten our belt. The bottom line here is to give importance to what we have before it gets too late.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1035
Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins
Of course that if you don't have a solid base of financial support behind you it will be hard to cope with the volatility of crypto markets especially if you are not a well-versed trader who knows when it is better to exit the markets. Moreover, if you have a family you need to take care of them. Then in your free time you can invest your time into cryptocurrencies but a man needs to know his priorities.  Wink
Activity: 1862
Merit: 830
I won't even think twice about diving that deep in the cryptocurrencies if I have that descent job .
I mean why do you need to risk it ? When you are already that settled then why do you need to dive into something that risky ? Cryptocurrencies are unsure of , you never know when its gonna boon and when it's gonna go down.
Thank God you got out of that situation without sacrificing your job it would have been so bad if something would have happened 😧
I almost got a zero 😂 in my exam due to this.
Activity: 516
Merit: 38
Lmao 😂😆… sorry, but your story is quite funny. This is not the first time I’m seeing something like this happen. The problem with some of you is carelessness. Since you know that your regular job pays you more than Bitcoin does, why do you risk it because of Bitcoin? Why don’t you have patience and work at Bitcoin when you are at home or during your free time and not at your work place? I once heard of a man that lost his job because he was caught mining Bitcoin at his work place. ☹️
Activity: 77
Not all of us will be lucky here in crypto we can't really tell if we will be a millionaire like the other so always think what is the best for you to do. Im using time management so that crypto wouldn't be a hindrance to my job. Giving time for crypto after doin my job.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 611
Crypto is one of the most exciting areas for work that I've seen. I'm not surprised why many people have a desire to give up regular work for crypto. The risks here are compensated by interest in the process itself.
I think leaving a job for crypto is a stupid act. One should always try to have a side business before devoting fully to the crypto. There are people who trade fully in crypto but they have enough resources to keep the wheel of the household needs running. Once you have a side job, you can now fully focus on crypto trading and can earn and loose without having to feel the need for a job again.
Activity: 80
Like the title says, i almost lost my regular job as a software developer today when my boss reviewed my work. The job has been able to economically provide a comfortable life for me and losing it would really be a big hit to my income. I almost lost it because i spent so much time learning about everything crypto (mining, trading, bounties, etc.).

Has anyone else experienced this? I just feel pretty lucky I was given another chance and want to remind other people that having a regular job is much better than relying on the volatility of cryptocurrencies. Make sure you prioritize your work!

I had similar experience when I was issued a performance issue letter last month, and seeing the btc price anyways sinking - i was matured enough to put hard work back to regular job to save my job...

Am I smart ? Am i dumb to be working hard to save my regular job ? I dont know... Time will tell
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
 That is true.it is not fair to used your time and spend it in other matter.we are being paid to specific job.but sometime we're tempted.but if you have spare time and not affecting your work  why not.using your time in more productive ways is better than watching..
Activity: 210

Well, Actually i already experience that . I manage my time at my current work but sometimes i use google and log in to bitcoin and see what happening to the project i join. I know that is a kind of cheating but im just tempting to see what happening there.
Yes,Cheating because in my current work i am not allowed to use google and because of curiousity i do searching. But after i check bitcoin i continue my work .
Activity: 432
Merit: 126
Not experienced it because i just want be focused in my regular work and just do bitcoin as my extra income. You see, we need to prioritize things. Maybe there are so many opportunities in crypto communoty but still this is not as regular payment as to what regular work give us. In doing bounties or trading or any other things related to cryptos is always available and can be done in our free time.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
I am glad you have a regular job. I don't because there are no opportunities here where I live for people in my age group as it's a small Island and most jobs go to younger folks or people who know many other people etc. I only do crypto jobs for a living as there is nothing else, but I am at least involved in one coin that gives me an airdrop every month, so even if I did not have any other crypto related work, that coin would give me almost enough for the next three years to cover my ass lol as it's a really solid project and not some fly by night dream coin.  Grin Grin
Activity: 1148
Merit: 528
My priority is my job then making time management for extra income like in cryptocurrency for bitcoin (mining, bounties, tradings, selling) so far i can do both without affecting my job. Just be wise spending your time.

I must say that losing your job and that too having some good salary package just for the sake of the crypto currencies is not a really good idea and that you have made a wrong choice if you did so. You need to be very much careful while this choice as you can never expect some fixed earning from the crypto currencies. look for a job and then go for investing in the crypto currencies later.
copper member
Activity: 301
Merit: 2
You must be good at managing your time, so that full-time work is not interrupted by your activities for Cryptocurrency. Just make this crypto a side job, if you still want to work full time in your office.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
i have a regular job too but i am free to do what i want but even with that i only do research and work in crypto during my free time. most of the time i don't do crypto in work i do it after my work. regular job is always a good way to earn.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 180
It would be bad if you lose your job and the stable income from it, I guess you would just have to learn how to manage your time schedule better, so your interests in learning more about crypto-currencies will not affect your performance in your company.
Having a regular job is really important for me and I think you can do this thing if you know how to manage your time. Know your purpose of having another source of income because you can work on this market anytime you want. Do both as long as you could so you can have greater chance of achieving your dreams.
Activity: 406
Merit: 19
As a software developer, it certainly has a higher salary than regular workers, for example me who works as an image editor. You are very fortunate, possessing the skills that everyone rarely has, (given different abilities, by God). You're lucky have the skills that everyone rarely has (given different abilities, by God) People like you just need to be thankful to Him.

True, therefore I choose a long-term investment in utilizing the volatility of cryptocurrency so that my work isn't wasted.
Activity: 882
Merit: 269
Be careful when you are at work. Youll be wasting company's time and its a ground for complaints. When you are beginner and hungry of information, its very tempting indeed. Just spare some time to learn crypto , time managent is important. Good.luck.
Pages:
Jump to: