Pages:
Author

Topic: I am absolute noob with bitcoins where should I start? - page 3. (Read 1426 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 10
Just read trends about rules and regulation in this forum. Make some research about the topic that make you interesting.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 103
COMBO 2.0
i will recommend any bitcoin beginners books
just search online
Activity: 176
in my opinion, the way to start is to accept the advice of the biggest, full members, hero, legendario, read this forum, and not be afraid , I'm following this
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Yes dyor before buying anything people tell you to buy.
Activity: 14
im a newbie too start reading and explore or watch youtube so that you know what you gonna do. im just like so keep exploring...😁
Activity: 50
This forum is a good start. Also have a look on youtube and use the right keywords, then you'll have thousands of hours of videos about Bitcoin, Litecoin, wallet, etc.
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
Hi,
You can find here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/terminology-126798
Commonly used abbreviations, words, names and phrases on bitcointalk/crypto community.
Good luck!
Activity: 24
Yes you should start here itself.Go to some channels here and read what you dont know and read more and more.
Activity: 23
Read news
1) follow bitcoin channels on youtube
2) follow BCT regularly
Activity: 22
Start reading topics here on BCT.You will gain some basic knowledge
Activity: 1
I'm newbie too. Just reading and trying some faucer first to know what it work.
Activity: 112
You really just need to simply read. ALOT. Just like with any other skill, field, or subject you want to learn or get in to. Here's a great guide compilation that can get you started with the basics.

A Beginner's Guide to Blockchain Technology: https://www.coindesk.com/information/

Exactly, start reading, everything you see about bitcoin everywhere.

bitcoin.org is a good place to start with bitcoin questions.  Altcoins can be found in the subsection Altcoins in this forum, but it is basically any cryptocurrency other than bitcoin.  There are some great youtube videos and tedtalks about it as well. 

mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
You really just need to simply read. ALOT. Just like with any other skill, field, or subject you want to learn or get in to. Here's a great guide compilation that can get you started with the basics.

A Beginner's Guide to Blockchain Technology: https://www.coindesk.com/information/
Activity: 1470
Merit: 103
COMBO 2.0
i will recommend any bitcoin beginners books
just search online
Activity: 80
Altcoin - alternative coin
Faucet - gives away free btc or other coins, initial purpose was to spread knowledge of btc
Wallet - your "bank account" for cryptocurrencies
Wallet address - your account number
Satoshi - 1) the creator of btc Satoshi Nakamoto, 2) cents of btc

Everything else is in youtube, search topic for beginners so you won't get the technical stuff
Activity: 80
Bitcoin is to internet as $ is to US but has no physical form.Forget about all the math stuff coz you won't be doing that, what matters is it's real currency,  no backing,  decentralized (no one can ever control it or manipulate it's value so it all depends on supply or what the miners create and the demand, which is quite high coz it's used worlwide), it's peer to peer (no third party needed to send money anywhere, banks are useless now) and is instant (or not really at the click of a finger,  maybe a few minutes to an hour,  compared to clearing etc in banks).
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
if ul like watch go first youtube
Activity: 1
I am absolute beginner with bitcoins. I just found out about this currency a few weeks ago from newspaper. I did some research on my own and what I have found so far is that it is a currency that is "mined" with computers (where does it come from, who issues it, is there any gold/petroleum backing it?). I am confused by this whole mining process, a lot of sites I visited say you need to solve complex mathematical problems to earn or mine bitcoin. What is this "complex" mathematical problem? Is it something like SETI@Home? Do some research labs/universities offer incentive in form of coins?
All the guides that I have found so far are either very technical or plain vanilla that leave out a lot of questions. Is there any guide that is not too technical yet explains the technical stuff in plain English?
Thanks.
-B

EDIT:

And if someone could explain the terms like altcoin, faucet, wallet, satoshi etc. that'd be really appreciated.

Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: