Pages:
Author

Topic: I am currently country shopping. What are some good ones? - page 3. (Read 8002 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon
How about Uruguay?

Great beaches, clean, safe, and loves Bitcoin.

People from Argentina are running away to Uruguay.... The country is booming. I would go their now and enjoy the next 20 years until the next generation starts wearing Che T Shirts. No country is amazing for a long time. Use the Che T Shirt matrix system to know when it is time to split Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
I appreciate all of the responses. I may have to just take a year and just stay in different locations for a month or so at a time. Most countries allow you to stay there for a month on a tourist visa.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
Luxemburg
Caymans

You probably want to eschew Cyprus Cheesy
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
These wont rebel...

They're still piloted remotely, so their pilots can rebel Tongue

Sure but it makes is a lot less likely in my opinion, in fact I can imagine Americans turning on each other as massive propaganda campaigns would route out the new [insert communist/terrorist here] threat. To be honest who needs to use military when you can cut of the food/water/electricity supply in the blink of an eye. Police are probably the most dangerous and less likely to not rebel I think, I have little faith those.

I honestly don't feel it will come to that. There is no reason that is has to come to that. We as humans are capable of peaceful change. Take Iceland for example/

But if it did, that isn't bravery... it's fucking stupidity. Sad times we're living in. But these are also very interesting and pivotal times.(as are all times in history, just depends how humans react.) We've been kicking the can down the road for far too long.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

Sure but it makes is a lot less likely in my opinion, in fact I can imagine Americans turning on each other as massive propaganda campaigns would route out the new [insert communist/terrorist here] threat. To be honest who needs to use military when you can cut of the food/water/electricity supply in the blink of an eye. Police are probably the most dangerous and less likely to not rebel I think, I have little faith those.  

In Libya the aircraft pilots dropped their bombs and missed on purpose because they didn't want to carry out their orders and bomb innocent people who were just fighting for their lives, honestly, I know there are people on the internet who think the government are this big scary totalitarian regime but the fact is the majority of the time it's a sociopath against the rest of the world and usually the rest of the world bands together to stop them.

That said we've gone a bit off topic, but anyway yeah, picking a Bitcoin friendly country is a good idea, not sure what I'm going to do here in the UK with what's going on right now.

Sooner or later, the police state jackboots will mess with the wrong vet, a well-connected and highly-respected vet who didn't watch his buddies die face down in the sand just to return home to an unconstitutional empire led by a supreme executive.

Then it's the Battle of Athens, writ large.  Open season on the thug pigs, from Good Guys and Bad Guys alike.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Athens_%281946%29
Activity: 354
Merit: 250
Hmm, you can buy groceries with bitcoin in Canada or Germany but neither is cheap or particularly known for sunny beaches. While looking at high tech options where a startup could do well Estonia should be on the radar too. The islands of Belize are pretty good unless you're slightly crazy and have an anti-virus company named after you. Uruguay would be worth checking out a bit more. Argentina is running on an insane economic policy but I'll bet if you showed up with a pocket full of bitcoin you could do quite well. I think moving around a bit and seeing where you like is a good way to start. I'd love to check a bunch of places out.
Maderia, the Azores, the Canaries, Portugal, Gibraltar, Barcelona, Ibiza, Mallorca, Ceuta, Melilla, Pompeii, Corsica, Sardinia, Malta, Cyprus, the Dead Sea, Mwanza, Tanzania, Zanzibar, Namibia, Tasmania, the Cayman Islands, Barbados, Mauritius, etc.

I knew a guy who rented a place on the beach, tutored English and really enjoyed himself in Taiwan for a few years. Singapore is extremely expensive but still a fascinating city.

I'd be a little scared to visit Transnistria, South Ossetia and Abkhazia not being a Russian. However you could go visit the preparations for the Olympics in Sochi.

If you need infrastructure to build things though you'll probably gravitate to Southern California, Shenzhen or Hong Kong.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I hear North Korea is nice this time of year  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

In Libya the aircraft pilots dropped their bombs and missed on purpose because they didn't want to carry out their orders and bomb innocent people who were just fighting for their lives, honestly, I know there are people on the internet who think the government are this big scary totalitarian regime but the fact is the majority of the time it's a sociopath against the rest of the world and usually the rest of the world bands together to stop them.

That said we've gone a bit off topic, but anyway yeah, picking a Bitcoin friendly country is a good idea, not sure what I'm going to do here in the UK with what's going on right now.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
Stay in America to assist with the turning of days.
Any attempt at that would just get shut down by our giant fucking military, unless some other countries were helping us out..
Unless we take them out with peace.  All it takes is people to stop using money and we are free.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Slovenia, Czech, and Slovakia are nice places for Bitcoiners.

Also, great beer and lovely ladies!   Cool
Activity: 406
These wont rebel...

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
These wont rebel...

Any attempt at that would just get shut down by our giant fucking military, unless some other countries were helping us out..

You forget there are some pretty staunch supporters of Ron Paul in the U.S Armed forces as well and did you see that afghan veteran who yelled at the police? If the U.S troops were ordered to shoot civilians you can bet it would end up like Syria where at least some of them would rebel.

These won't rebel...

To be honest I think you underestimate the capacity for humans to do terrible things under the control of a perceived authority. Also Syrians and Americans are two different kettles of fish, I think most of us Westerners are not as brave enough and willing to rebel even in the face of destruction.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

You forget there are some pretty staunch supporters of Ron Paul in the U.S Armed forces as well and did you see that afghan veteran who yelled at the police? If the U.S troops were ordered to shoot civilians you can bet it would end up like Syria where at least some of them would rebel.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
We are the champions of the night
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
You have so many options. You could do the cheap in crisis European countries, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Greece, Malta, any number of Latin American countries, Colombia, Costa Rica, Honduras, Nicaragua, Mexico, Belize, a variety of Caribbean countries, and SE Asia, Cambodia Thailand ect.
Activity: 434
I stayed in Goa for about a month at the end of a backpacking trip to India. It was a really nice place to hang around for a medium term stay. Much more laid back than much of India but almost as cheap; delicious European/Indian fusion food; awesome beaches and countryside (some of the most beautiful I've ever been to); chilled out people; and of course to make sure you don't forget you're in India.. cows. Cows on the beach. Beach cows.

I stayed in Palolem, a tiny beach village (that was also in one of the Bourne movies, hehe). I actually did some work from the Internet cafes there, enough so they got to know me. If you had a laptop and found somewhere nice to work with wifi you'd be happy there for a long time. And the rest of India is within reach too.

If I was single and wanted to do this kind of thing, Goa would definitely be right up on my list.

Edit: Other countries I'd definitely investigate: Croatia; Chile; Greece.
Perhaps the Philippines, Japan or Taiwan, Asia seems like a great place aside from the obvious issues.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
My second home is Belize. It's a great place to live for ex-pats.

isn't belize kind of a hellscape.. the island life may be nice, but don't expats get kidnapped for ransom there?
Na. I worried more about that in Panama. While there is some crime, especially around Belize city, it's not scary if your used to America. Or like Elwar, Afghanistan. I have been going there now for about 30 years and never had a problem with violence. I did once get shaken down by customs though.  
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
Pages:
Jump to: