Pages:
Author

Topic: I am currently country shopping. What are some good ones? - page 4. (Read 8002 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
My second home is Belize. It's a great place to live for ex-pats.

isn't belize kind of a hellscape.. the island life may be nice, but don't expats get kidnapped for ransom there?
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
Trying to find my way.
HK is worth considering given China's hitherto benign stance on cryptos

The fact that HK is under China's thumb is also a big negative. I think even if HK were independent they'd be more open to cryptos. Not sure if I can offer a good alternative tho. Maybe Singapore? Just throwing something out there
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
My second home is Belize. It's a great place to live for ex-pats.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
go to thailand. if you are a white guy, they love whities there. if you go to bars and clubs, the women there will approach you. the country is fairly modern, so i wouldn't call it a 3rd world country. cost of living is not very high either.

I'd avoid Thai women at bars and clubs; they're not there to find lovers as much as they're looking for sugar daddies.  

they are searching for Love.

or you life in russia. Snowden seems to like it too 

Tongue

With the most expensive city in Europe?
Also , why do you think people run from Russia?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014
In Satoshi I Trust
go to thailand. if you are a white guy, they love whities there. if you go to bars and clubs, the women there will approach you. the country is fairly modern, so i wouldn't call it a 3rd world country. cost of living is not very high either.

I'd avoid Thai women at bars and clubs; they're not there to find lovers as much as they're looking for sugar daddies.  

they are searching for Love.

or you life in russia. Snowden seems to like it too 

Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
One question to consider is which countries will allow you to stay indefinitely as a non-citizen without a job.  Unless you're willing to frequently return to the states, that might limit your options somewhat.

Considering this, I could see myself as a world traveller. Stay in a country as long as you can, then move somewhere more fun and do it all again. Maybe only for like a year or three, but I'd like to do this Smiley

life is too short for any one place
Activity: 955
Merit: 1002
Philippines I would agree with - mainly English speaking with Christian tradition, but a large indigenous Muslim population if you are Muslim.
Easy to fit in. Friendly people. Cheap to live if you want to. Sunny beaches everywhere.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I also think the Philippines might be a good place to stay for a while.  Never been but I think it would be a decent place to look into, especially if your ok with moving every 6 months or so. 
isn't costa rica really expensive? it's a common destination for american expats after all.

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Costa+Rica
legendary
Activity: 942
Merit: 1026
Costa Rica
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
How about Uruguay?

Great beaches, clean, safe, and loves Bitcoin.
Activity: 528
Merit: 527
Philippines

You can live there for a couple hundred a month, easy to find a good girl, most young people speak some english, language is easy to learn.

If you want, you can easily disappear, especially in Manila.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
Sun , beach , plasma tv at half price , welcoming people tired of the Us > Venezuela Smiley)))))
he's looking for a cheap place to live. living in HK is probably just as expensive as live in america.
Activity: 1492
Merit: 763
Life is a taxable event
I don't know if it is possible but take a look at the United Arab Emirates, Dubai!
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1722
Goto India, Mumbai or Bangalore.

Mumbai being the financial centre is one the most expensive cities in India.

Activity: 354
One question to consider is which countries will allow you to stay indefinitely as a non-citizen without a job.  Unless you're willing to frequently return to the states, that might limit your options somewhat.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Goto India, Mumbai or Bangalore.
whoa, $700-$180 for monthly rent in the city for the philippines.. that's pretty damn cheap and you don't need to learn a new language. http://www.expatfocus.com/expatriate-philippines-currency-costs

How about Cambodia or Vietnam? They're cheaper (and poorer) than Thailand.

cambodia can be quite dangerous and their infrastructure is not as up to date as vietnam. you could get by in vietnam, but the language barrier sucks.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1722
How about Cambodia or Vietnam? They're cheaper (and poorer) than Thailand.
Pages:
Jump to: