Pages:
Author

Topic: I am out of the mining game :( - page 12. (Read 44414 times)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
September 02, 2014, 11:10:16 PM
Mining is no longer a game where small time miners can afford.

Most PoW coins may slowly go away and be replaced by PoS coins.

I would not say small time can not mine.  I mean graphics cards were not  cheap when they were the hot item to mine with.  But with them you did have a "gamer" audience to sell cards to aswell at end.

Agree!
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
September 02, 2014, 10:59:46 PM
So im out of the mining game.

Getting asics importet from china is too expensive -.-
Electricity is too expensive in my country 0.14$/kwh -.-
and my block erupters isnt making me anything.

this game have only been a waste of money so far.

GL on your mining guys Smiley dont make the same mistakes as i did.

Mining game sucks, only manufacturer wins... No choice but to buy BTC since its cheap now... $540..

yeah, buying BTC is better, but i think if electricity is cheap, people can still make money from mining
It may take some time, though
It will take time to make money, isn't it?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
September 02, 2014, 08:35:57 AM

I would not say small time can not mine.  I mean graphics cards were not  cheap when they were the hot item to mine with.  But with them you did have a "gamer" audience to sell cards to aswell at end.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
September 01, 2014, 11:04:39 PM

X7
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone
September 01, 2014, 07:22:31 PM
If I was a rich man and could put a decent wager behind a bet I have, I probably would rake in a nice profit..

I've started to believe the whole BitCoin world was taken over by Central Bankers long ago when they thought it might disrupt their banking cartel.

I seriously doubt that there's that much mining hardware coming online every 12 days that the difficulty jumps up anywhere from 7% to 20%.

That's bullshit!!

How's that happening?? NSA super computers being used to pump up the mining threshold??

I'm mining at 1.5THS and barely making $13 a day... 8 months ago I would have been making over $100 at that hashing power.. Talk about diminishing returns..

If I wanted to make $100 a day today, I'd have to be over 10THS, which I'd have to throw in another $20K in mining contracts. And that would only get up to $100 a day
for about 2 weeks before the fucking difficulty jumped up again..

And since BitCoin is tied to fiat currency, I'm guessing the reason it's down to $480 is because the fucking US dollar has somehow gained in value?!?!? Not in my opinion.. Try going to the grocery store and getting out of the store with 1/5th filled basket without blowing $100.

What happened to the idea that the more BitCoin was accepted by retailers that it would gain in value?? Not from what I'm seeing.. It should be up over $2000 a BTC..

And those of us who have invested tens of thousands in mining would actually be making some good money in return...

Though this is just an opinion, I think maybe we could shed a little light on some of your questions:

1) Honestly have no clue if central bankers are some how trying to undermine BTC but given the attacks and continuous FUD there is a very real possibility you are correct as this competes directly with the people who basically own the planet.

2) Mining difficulty going up is directly due to Big companies who sell us the hardware while they also roll out 11+Megawatt facilities which they use to mine on their next gen equipment (Until they sell it to us once they are done squeezing it) then they use our money to fund R&D and keep it moving off our tears, not very classy AT ALL.

3)I am also an industrial miner who has sunk a good chunk of money into the game while it was at around 8 Billion difficulty (Also saw ridiculously lower returns) which force you to re-invest most of the profit just to stay relevant.

4) The BTC value is due to whales dumping and re-buying to make a profit and acquire more BTC / merchants immediately changing their BTC to fiat via coin base etc / bots and people who soak up all the FUD selling at losses and moving to alt coins in hopes of a brighter tomorrow.

Once the fiscal deficit of the fractional reserve banking system crashes due to hyper inflation we will see some transfer of wealth come to BTC and then my friend you will feel the benefits of being a part of the early wave of "Speculators"

For now don't get caught up in the FUD pricing spikes and focus on how amazing it is that we are actually able to circumvent the banking domination by trading in a peer to peer decentralized world.

In my book that's a fucking +1 win  Grin Cheesy
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
September 01, 2014, 07:19:03 PM
If I was a rich man and could put a decent wager behind a bet I have, I probably would rake in a nice profit..

I've started to believe the whole BitCoin world was taken over by Central Bankers long ago when they thought it might disrupt their banking cartel.

I seriously doubt that there's that much mining hardware coming online every 12 days that the difficulty jumps up anywhere from 7% to 20%.

That's bullshit!!

How's that happening?? NSA super computers being used to pump up the mining threshold??

I'm mining at 1.5THS and barely making $13 a day... 8 months ago I would have been making over $100 at that hashing power.. Talk about diminishing returns..

If I wanted to make $100 a day today, I'd have to be over 10THS, which I'd have to throw in another $20K in mining contracts. And that would only get up to $100 a day

And since BitCoin is tied to fiat currency, I'm guessing the reason it's down to $480 is because the fucking US dollar has somehow gained in value?!?!? Not in my opinion.. Try going to the grocery store and getting out of the store with 1/5th filled basket without blowing $100.

What happened to the idea that the more BitCoin was accepted by retailers that it would gain in value?? Not from what I'm seeing.. It should be up over $2000 a BTC..

And those of us who have invested tens of thousands in mining would actually be making some good money in return...

I have to agree with you on the retailers part....  So much speculation was going around on the troll box. 

As for difficulty - people are saying it is these mega data centers that are lighting gear up.   I saw that with litecoin when the ASIC manufacturers were rolling their stuff into testing but nothing of this speed and size.  It has to plateau at some point.  Don't you think?
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
September 01, 2014, 06:21:09 PM

That's bullshit!!

X7
legendary
September 01, 2014, 03:23:41 PM
Just buy the coin directly - it is valued at 480$ USD right now - Calculate what it would cost to earn yourself a BTC (NET) through mining either physical/cloud and quickly understanding that greed has ushered in the era of industrial mining, either we adapt and go with the flow of the ocean... Or we swim into the riptide and drown.

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
September 01, 2014, 10:45:33 AM
Maybe traditional mining is not longer profitable, but you can do it in a new way. There are ideas like virtual mining, purchasing remote mining rig or buying something like the new Hashlet from GAW miners for example. And you don't have to be rich to to do so...

Virtual mining, as you call it, is indeed quite profitable - for the company selling the hashes Tongue  Every contract allows them to expand their marketshare  Wink

"Proof of dishonesty and lies from Gawminers.com Hashlet Ponzi Scheme Scam"
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/proof-of-dishonesty-and-lies-from-gawminerscom-hashlet-ponzi-scheme-scam-749980

I just don't understand their business.  I thought hashlet was a nice idea at first.  But going from like 14.99 to 39.95 and call it prime seems insane.  I will personally be sticking with physical miners. 

We will see if hashlets prove me wrong and were a great investment.  I just don't see how they made money at 15 dollars one day then a few days later it went to 40 dollars.  I see their sales slowing.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
September 01, 2014, 07:04:54 AM
As you can see these scammers are specifically targeting small miners "you don't have to be rich". Are we mining or playing the get rich quick you deserve to lose all your money game?

Fucking scumbags.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
September 01, 2014, 06:54:59 AM
Maybe traditional mining is not longer profitable, but you can do it in a new way. There are ideas like virtual mining, purchasing remote mining rig or buying something like the new Hashlet from GAW miners for example. And you don't have to be rich to to do so...

Virtual mining, as you call it, is indeed quite profitable - for the company selling the hashes Tongue  Every contract allows them to expand their marketshare  Wink

"Proof of dishonesty and lies from Gawminers.com Hashlet Ponzi Scheme Scam"
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/proof-of-dishonesty-and-lies-from-gawminerscom-hashlet-ponzi-scheme-scam-749980

DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
September 01, 2014, 06:33:12 AM

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
September 01, 2014, 12:14:39 AM
X7
legendary
August 31, 2014, 03:31:05 PM
Mike Maloney is a smart man. He, amongst others, got me involved in silver and gold.

yeah he really broke it down in a way everyone can understand. great educational tool!
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
August 31, 2014, 03:28:08 PM
Mike Maloney is a smart man. He, amongst others, got me involved in silver and gold.
X7
legendary
August 31, 2014, 03:23:01 PM
More than two arms. There is a multibillion dollar company where I live that is an Octopus on steroids. They own an auto dealership to sell themselves fleet vehicles. They own a refinery to sell gas to fuel their operations. They own a property management company to look after their real estate transactions. They own a rail line to deliver their products to market. They own an insurance company to insure their operations and fleet vehicles. The government gives them grants to expand because they say that they will hire more workers. May be true but they put the competition out of business. They own their own private police force for security. They own a house building company to build homes with their products. They own a chain of hardware and building supply stores to sell their products.

It is quite a system. Write offs and profits in a convoluted business world.

http://thebitcoinmovement.com/bitcoin-peoples-bailout-currency-vs-money/

It is so much worse than that bud.. look at #4
legendary
August 31, 2014, 03:20:38 PM
Good ol' selling from the right hand to the left hand?

More than two arms. There is a multibillion dollar company where I live that is an Octopus on steroids. They own an auto dealership to sell themselves fleet vehicles. They own a refinery to sell gas to fuel their operations. They own a property management company to look after their real estate transactions. They own a rail line to deliver their products to market. They own an insurance company to insure their operations and fleet vehicles. The government gives them grants to expand because they say that they will hire more workers. May be true but they put the competition out of business. They own their own private police force for security. They own a house building company to build homes with their products. They own a chain of hardware and building supply stores to sell their products.

It is quite a system. Write offs and profits in a convoluted business world.
X7
legendary
August 31, 2014, 02:48:50 PM
Another trick is to have 2 different companies set up where manufacturer sells the units to the mining company at the same price as they would to any other customer. The mining company can write off the cost of the miners against the returns. A loss will not matter because it is all on paper and the BTC does not change. This is a scam that is legal in the my neck of the woods.

Good ol' selling from the right hand to the left hand?
legendary
August 31, 2014, 02:44:25 PM
The trick is that they can sell to themselves without cheating themselves.  If Cointerra sold a 2TH unit last year for $5000 and it cost them $1500 to develop the unit, then they can buy more units for themselves.  They don't need to pay for any additional research, they don't need to pay for shipping, they're not penalized with a 2 week downtime with shipping.  So if the miner costs 1/3 of their total end user selling price then they essentially have only 1/3rd the investment cost that an end user would have.  Not to mention the benefit of mining earlier.

Now if they continue to sell the units for $5k and it costs them $1.5k, they can buy 3 units for every 1 unit they sell you.

Another trick is to have 2 different companies set up where manufacturer sells the units to the mining company at the same price as they would to any other customer. The mining company can write off the cost of the miners against the returns. A loss will not matter because it is all on paper and the BTC does not change. This is a scam that is legal in the my neck of the woods.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
August 31, 2014, 11:26:24 AM
Yeah for many people it's only a waste of time and money,Nowadays there is not much profit in the mining anymore unless done in large scale
Pages:
Jump to: