Pages:
Author

Topic: I am pretty confident we are the new fiat slaves, gentlemen. - page 4. (Read 3391 times)

legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com
All you should care about is 1 BTC = 1 BTC.

lol  Roll Eyes

It's not the future, it's the currency of degenerate gamblers and druglords.

You new to Bitcoin?!
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
sub 100 would be great to re-distribution as many people would be buying again and bitcoin dismal wealth distribution, on pair with the lowest 3rd world countries would look a little better.

waiting for sub 100 might be a tad optimistic

look wat just happened to bitstamp

playing the leverage game is very risky

Activity: 854
Merit: 658
rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt
I'm not so sure about one altcoin overcoming bitcoin. Bitcoin's been around for too long and nobody has even heard of almost any altcoins. An altcoin would have to REALLY bring something to the table to do anything.
legendary
Some altcoin will still survive, no doubt.  They're fairly resilient.

One altcoin will eventually surpass Bitcoin.  Bitcoin is the first, and as evolution has shown us, the first draft never lasts long as there are always changes for the better.

Anything's possible, well that's how the saying goes anyway

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
Some altcoin will still survive, no doubt.  They're fairly resilient.

One altcoin will eventually surpass Bitcoin.  Bitcoin is the first, and as evolution has shown us, the first draft never lasts long as there are always changes for the better.
legendary
we need a meme of the always bleeding bitcoin - i'm just not good with photoshop.

Bitcoins endless bloody waterfalls make it pretty UNSEXY

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
we need a meme of the always bleeding bitcoin - i'm just not good with photoshop.

Bitcoins endless bloody waterfalls make it pretty UNSEXY

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
All you should care about is 1 BTC = 1 BTC.

Gold (for example) has a price related to fiat and so will Bitcoin. Now, a large-scale economy that used only gold, silver, and BTC would be a fun experience.  Smiley
Activity: 642
Merit: 500
Evolution is the only way to survive
when you review this troll post five years later , you will realize posted this kind of shit is really waste of time  Roll Eyes
Activity: 456
Merit: 250
Plot twist, Satoshi found out to have abandoned bitcoin and made tons of altcoins while he was at it. Now he abandoned both and is fcking hot bitches in some island. what a boss
Activity: 100
I'll still be using bitcoin even if the price falls down to $1 because it is a world changing piece of technology. But of course if an altcoin survives and surpasses bitcoin then I assume everyone will switch to that, including me.

I researched a lot of bitcoin's history today and when I came to this forum, there was a stark contrast. I'm glad to see some people still see bitcoin as a technological marvel rather than a get-rich-quick scheme.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
I'll still be using bitcoin even if the price falls down to $1 because it is a world changing piece of technology. But of course if an altcoin survives and surpasses bitcoin then I assume everyone will switch to that, including me.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Since most people came into bitcoin to increase their FIAT holdings, they have totally missed the point and too much emphasis is on price rather than technology. Looking over the forum, people are foaming at the mouths like rabid dogs, hoping (like a religious sect) for the price to rise. They have indirectly become slaves to the very system that satoshi was looking to fix.

irony.jpeg

Majority of its users are investors/speculators (including myself)  so I guess we all get what we deserved, amirite? 

Greed breeds more greed.

hahaha
Activity: 100
How does the dynamic on bitcointalk change when the bitcoin experiment fails and it falls to the $1-$5 range? The legendary early adopters will no longer hold power and the forum at whole will become a better distributed/ fairer environment. Since most people came into bitcoin to increase their FIAT holdings, they have totally missed the point and too much emphasis is on price rather than technology. Looking over the forum, people are foaming at the mouths like rabid dogs, hoping (like a religious sect) for the price to rise. They have indirectly become slaves to the very system that satoshi was looking to fix.

As soon as bitcoin fails, we can live in harmony. All you should care about is 1 BTC = 1 BTC.

Pages:
Jump to: