Pages:
Author

Topic: I bought at 19k, now what? - page 13. (Read 2616 times)

Activity: 86
Merit: 0
February 13, 2018, 03:23:30 AM
Pls don't worry. Be positive. One day you will get your return. Need to be patient. Same thing happened to me in stock market but now I am in a profitable situation. You just think you kept it in a bank for a certain period. You can't touch this before the maturity.
STT
legendary
Activity: 4060
Merit: 1448
February 13, 2018, 03:17:20 AM
Lending is pretty much the normal way to gain a yield on a holding.     I have recently signed upto a site which gives 4% interest to holding bitcoin there.    I would not store all the bitcoin there but its a way to get something back from being in this position for longer then you might have expected.     Really this dilemma applies to us all, if crypto cannot be used then it falls into speculation too much which leads to too much of a sell off like we had.    A capital system that allows for business to lend and the employ the capital is far more likely to succeed and become stable,  I hope with lower fees now this can start to occur more.

PM if you want the 4% interest site link Smiley
Activity: 504
Merit: 260
February 12, 2018, 07:12:38 PM
I bought 3 btc on credit for 19k about. What should I do? I am way underwater.

you can hold very longterm
another solution you can trade in altcoin, or lending youre coin in poloniex or bitfinex
Activity: 7
February 12, 2018, 07:04:13 PM
oh wow, I am almost sure BTC will eventually go back to 19k and even above, but there is no thing such a guarantee and the responsability on what to do next is only yours. Now you're underwater there's no point in panic IMO, you just secure your btc in cold storage and wait. good luck
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1477
Self made HODLER ✓
February 12, 2018, 04:23:54 PM

Be sad now. Hodl. Wait. Hodl. Wait. Be glad then.
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
February 12, 2018, 04:01:24 PM
Just believe and never stop believing that bitcoin will come back again. You are not alone in that situation and best thing to do for now is HODL your bitcoin as much as you can. Better days are coming man and bitcoin is starting to recover now.
That would have been a perfect idea without the concerns and the worries for the repayment of the loan. To that effect, just hodling and believing Bitcoin would recover soon enough, obviously tends not much comfort for his frayed nerves. He simply needs other source of income to be able to hodl those 3 Bitcoins to profit again.

Patience is the key idea here and the recovery of the loss will take place eventually, I'm pretty sure about this.

Just wait patiently and see the result at the end.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
February 12, 2018, 02:37:10 PM
Just believe and never stop believing that bitcoin will come back again. You are not alone in that situation and best thing to do for now is HODL your bitcoin as much as you can. Better days are coming man and bitcoin is starting to recover now.
That would have been a perfect idea without the concerns and the worries for the repayment of the loan. To that effect, just hodling and believing Bitcoin would recover soon enough, obviously tends not much comfort for his frayed nerves. He simply needs other source of income to be able to hodl those 3 Bitcoins to profit again.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 552
February 12, 2018, 08:42:17 AM

Poor financial decision. You shouldnt have invested with credit in the first place. Crypto currencies has a high level risk, you need to be financialy ready and always remember "Invest what you can afford to lose". Looking at your investment setup, you already lose in the very beginning.
Now, the least you can do, is to hold it, it will gradually recover soon.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
February 12, 2018, 08:30:27 AM
We don't know whether Bitcoin can still make it back to $20k, but with your current losses, I bet it would hurt a lot to sell now. Just forget about it and invest in something else to keep yourself busy.
I think bitcoin will grow a little this coming March-April. Investing with something else will also help you to concentrate to something than to think of your big loses with bitcoin because of its drop price. As I can observe, bitcoin can still go up and still has a potential to increase again.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
February 12, 2018, 08:15:46 AM

I think you are one of those who felt the FOMO in December but set your worries aside because I'm congratulating for not selling on this back-to-back crash because it's expected for a newbie to do that. Just hold it and maybe we lost the first quarter but the war is still not over.
Activity: 504
February 11, 2018, 10:51:53 AM
Wow thats a big lose from your side. But bitcoin is slowly but surely rising again. Don't worry you will get back what you lose. Just hold your bitcoin and wait.
Activity: 79
February 11, 2018, 10:04:06 AM
We don't know whether Bitcoin can still make it back to $20k, but with your current losses, I bet it would hurt a lot to sell now. Just forget about it and invest in something else to keep yourself busy.
Activity: 532
February 11, 2018, 10:00:15 AM
All i can say is calm yourself and stay compose. And don't panic because it will lead you to wrong decision. Hold your bitcoin because bitcoin is gaining its momentum again. Bitcoin is growing up again. If this oymp continue maybe it will hit 20k dollar again.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 158
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 11, 2018, 09:49:18 AM
You and me at the same situation that we have bought at a high price and now the market is tough so the holding strategy is good and those who have some knowledge of the market then the prices were good to buy at that time it is a wise decision for us to hold now because the selling will cause us a huge loss and we will not bear that loss for me it is very painful that i have holding a good reserve and the value is not good at current price.
Just hodl your bitcoin i believe that this year bitcoin will rise at 30-50k$. Next time dont invest when the price is too high you will have to wait for about 8 to 10 months to earn. For the best time to invest when the price flactuate after it reaches its top value this year.
Activity: 300
Merit: 10
February 11, 2018, 09:37:16 AM
If I were you, I would wait for the restoration of bitcoin prices and just keep it at home until that time
Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
February 11, 2018, 09:20:12 AM
There is no other way around. If you sell it you still lose, if you hold it, you have chances of either losing it totally if bitcoin price will not recover or benefitting 2 or 3x your capital if the speculations every one makes will indeed happen.
Yeah, the best thing can do is just to be patiently waiting for the price to rise again. It is either you sell it and lose totally of you just have to have but there's a possibility to earn profit in the future, it is up to you.  Grin
I guess you know what I mean.
Activity: 476
www.daxico.com
February 11, 2018, 08:56:16 AM
Activity: 602
Merit: 255
February 11, 2018, 08:02:50 AM
Now the value of bitcoin is just reduce some value.It's just a temporary change due to fluctuation.Don't get panic,by seeing the fluctuation.Once the value of bitcoin return back to old value you will get good profit.Just wait and hold a bitcoin for some more months,you will get profit for sure.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
February 11, 2018, 07:55:11 AM
Well, Cryptocurrency investment is a HIGH risk investment.
you have not any choice without Hodl! Keep patine until the price of bitcoin is increasing.

Wow. He problem is see is that you bought in credit. Means you have. Specific time to pay for it and your btcs may not rise in time. I agree, you bought at all time high area and selling at current price is thr worst mistake you'll make. No choice but to suck it up and hold dude.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025
February 11, 2018, 04:18:49 AM

According to my calculations based on the Gdax exchange, BTC dropped just over 70% from the high last December.  The good news is that yesterday may have been the low for 2018 and it should rebound fairly quickly IMO.

I haven't read the comments above, but just hodL and you should be OK. Look at the longer term, like a few years from now. BTC has had some massive selloffs over the years similar to the one we just experienced. The crypto market is one of the most volatile markets around.

You may want to look into and learn basic technical analysis before investing again.
Right, and to even add to that, for someone who bought at the top, this should even be a good time to buy more at the dip for more profit in the long run because whether we like it or not, once the uptrend starts, bitcoin will go back testing the previous support turned resistance and probably break it as we hit the final one which is the present ATH before testing the new ones. The period in between all this is enough to recuperate and head on for the next run.

All the above, no one can really predict what the future holds, but if all ends up going fine and good, I really do not see how the interest can be that huge that he would not be able to pay up. Well, I am not a fan of using borrowed money to invest, most especially when there is a huge volatility risk, but would rather just use free money. So in that case, the decision is definitely in his hands.
Pages:
Jump to: