Pages:
Author

Topic: I created the Bitcointalk Stats Live Counter - page 4. (Read 2778 times)

legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1264
Logo Designer ⛨ BSFL Division1
I like bitcointalk website stats and counters.
If possible, did you think about creating more options to see statistics for all major boards in the forum?
That way we can see what are the sections with most members.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 7340
Farewell, Leo
I have the thread that is outdated because I don't remember or don't have time to visit the stats center of the forum to get stats at beginning of each month. If you can dump it each month, please do it.
You should really learn how to use crontab Smiley
I got you this: loyce.club/other/stats. It has 2 test-files, and saves a new copy of Bitcointalk Statistics Center once a day, at midnight Amsterdam time.
Thank you LoyceV.

Sure, I will spend time to learn Crontab because I missed some of data imports in weeks I was too busy and don't have time to import data manually.  Cheesy

Yeah, if you use php, then cronjob is nothing. You set it for example to run your "example.com/yourfiles/file.php" every x seconds. I do this for the daily online activity. Every 1 minute.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 3858
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
I have the thread that is outdated because I don't remember or don't have time to visit the stats center of the forum to get stats at beginning of each month. If you can dump it each month, please do it.
I got you this: loyce.club/other/stats. It has 2 test-files, and saves a new copy of Bitcointalk Statistics Center once a day, at midnight Amsterdam time.
Thank you LoyceV.

Sure, I will spend time to learn Crontab because I missed some of data imports in weeks I was too busy and don't have time to import data manually.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Activity: 658
Merit: 354
I stand with Ukraine!

Time Series on monthly statistics of forum (new users, new topics, new posts)
legendary
If the last id is 10000 then the 10001 doesn't exist, so all of them are 10000, right? Roll Eyes Undecided
That makes sense. I didn't realize 10 million PMs have been sent. Messages for deleted posts are counted too.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
I was sitting and wondering, could a pm live count exist?
It'll be quite hard to do a live one for PMs since you have to keep sending someone a PM in order to get the latest number.
- Not sure if there's any other way but I'm not a coder.

There is no number on site's statistics that represents the total private messages but when you send one it has a unique id right?
Yes, that's the one showing up while hovering over the subject field on the list of PMs.

If the last id is 10000 then the 10001 doesn't exist, so all of them are 10000, right? Roll Eyes Undecided
Correct Smiley
legendary
Farewell, Leo
I was sitting and wondering, could a pm live count exist? There is no number on site's statistics that represents the total private messages but when you send one it has a unique id right? If the last id is 10000 then the 10001 doesn't exist, so all of them are 10000, right? Roll Eyes Undecided
legendary
Farewell, Leo
6th of June - 09:59 (UTC)
Bitcointalk.org reaches 2.8 Million users.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1264
Logo Designer ⛨ BSFL Division1
Nice looking website.
What I would give as a feedback is to add option for changing background color.
Maybe to yellow, and also dark version, maybe black, like your name Smiley
legendary
Farewell, Leo
New domain: https://btctalk.live

Much better than the previous, railroad one.
staff
Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110
Bitcointalk did a record according to the last 15 days I'm watching it.

Today in 15:45 (GMT) it hit 665 online members  Wink

My assumption would be that this was influenced by the news of the Bitcoin halving as well as the recent price increase. Although, I'll admit I tend to not read much news even if it is Bitcoin related I imagine there's been some decent news coverage of the recent halving. It will be interesting to see if there's any long term increase or if this is a one off increase.
legendary
Farewell, Leo
Bitcointalk did a record according to the last 15 days I'm watching it.

Today in 15:45 (GMT) it hit 665 online members  Wink
legendary
Farewell, Leo
An hourly/daily/weekly/monthly statistics might look really good. On top of that, maybe adding a "most active hours of a day" and/or "most active day of the week". Just some small improvements but could be nice nonetheless.
Yeah why not. It will be auto-updated every day.
Are you going to start scraping such data again?
- I noticed your "chart link" returns without any results...

It would be nice to have separate/independent stats [for the first 4 categories] for each board.

Yep, I know I don't know why it returns this error. I've already starting scraping. I will publish it this time in csv too.

**Announcement**

I added a line-chart where you can check the online activity of the forum.

The chart has a limit of 1440 different wavy values. And that's because a day has 1440 minutes. (Every minute a new value is added).
Files are also published in the first post.

I face some issues with my web hosting so bitcointalkstats will be down for a few day(s)

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
An hourly/daily/weekly/monthly statistics might look really good. On top of that, maybe adding a "most active hours of a day" and/or "most active day of the week". Just some small improvements but could be nice nonetheless.
Are you going to start scraping such data again?
- I noticed your "chart link" returns without any results...

It would be nice to have separate/independent stats [for the first 4 categories] for each board.
legendary
Farewell, Leo
A really nice site, some improvements I could think of:

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1328
Stultorum infinitus est numerus
A really nice site, some improvements I could think of:

legendary
Farewell, Leo
http://bitcointalkstats.ga/latestpost.php

I tried creating last post livecount but I think I failed  Roll Eyes
I have a running counter at http://loyce.club/archive/posts/5430/, just go to the latest post Smiley

To make scraping easier, I've added a text-file with the latest post number: http://loyce.club/archive/posts/latestpost.txt. This file gets updated every few seconds (if it isn't obvious: the 8 digit number before ".html" is the post number).
This counter includes all deleted posts.

Yes, you have made it great. I will not work anymore with the live counter since I don't think there is anything missing. Just you to know, page views are not getting changed every second but they change much more slower so there is no point for a live counter there.
legendary
Farewell, Leo

I tried creating last post livecount but I think I failed  Roll Eyes
legendary

I tried creating last post livecount but I think I failed  Roll Eyes
I have a running counter at http://loyce.club/archive/posts/5430/, just go to the latest post Smiley

To make scraping easier, I've added a text-file with the latest post number: http://loyce.club/archive/posts/latestpost.txt. This file gets updated every few seconds (if it isn't obvious: the 8 digit number before ".html" is the post number).
This counter includes all deleted posts.
Pages:
Jump to: