Pages:
Author

Topic: I discovered this service thanks to my campaign [SellDefi] - page 2. (Read 487 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 421
This idea is a good one. I like it that way it was designed so that one can access any file for purchase online be it documents, video, audio or pictures, without knowing who is selling and who is buying which is probably a good safe measures unless you want what you put up for sales to be sold fast and then you send link for it. I see this type of trade does not require much stress and worries for who to buy and sell. Some people even prefer their identity to be hidden in this type of service.
Now I want to ask you a question,  how do I do about files being uploaded by a seller for sales but it contains virus bug and unknown to both parties the files has been corrupted? If after downloading  already, what would the buyer and sellers so as support
copper member
Activity: 98
Merit: 34
Buyer always trust sellers in marketplaces like themeforest. Platform only provides guarantee that user will get files after sending payment which have been uploaded by seller. You can read complete details in thread. And if you are still confused about something you can post in thread and we will try to answer all of your questions.

The difference is that Themeforest guarantees that if the files are corrupted or not as promised, I will receive a refund.
It remains for the buyer to know and trust the seller for everything to go well.

Either way, I find the idea of the site very interesting and with some future. I'll look at your ANN for more details.

Purpose of platform is to help community owners like Youtubers, bloggers, streamers, forum users and others to sell their code, videos, pictures and other products to their community. If they will sell bad stuff their community will criticize them and will not trust them in future. Our platform provides help in accepting bitcoin payments and delivering files to thousands of your clients. Like if you want to sell thousand copies of your game or magazine you don't need to talk with thousand people and no need to send files to thousands of people. Just put a video with SellDefi link in description and people will buy from it.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 4508
**In BTC since 2013**
Buyer always trust sellers in marketplaces like themeforest. Platform only provides guarantee that user will get files after sending payment which have been uploaded by seller. You can read complete details in thread. And if you are still confused about something you can post in thread and we will try to answer all of your questions.

The difference is that Themeforest guarantees that if the files are corrupted or not as promised, I will receive a refund.
It remains for the buyer to know and trust the seller for everything to go well.

Either way, I find the idea of the site very interesting and with some future. I'll look at your ANN for more details.

copper member

More questions to @bnbstorm:
- https://selldefi.com//1gO3GWpmbk0EdzJn4KRj/buy In this example we can see some stats about how many sold etc. Is this optional or always visible to buyers?
- How long do you keep files? How can people trust that you don't check the files or keep them forever or just a copy for yourself?
- You claim not to collect user data and for buyers and sellers to stay anonymous - anything to back up these claims?

Your suggestions for errors are quite well but for now we have added our ANN link on our website and people can report such problems in that thread and we will solve it. We have kept reporting process a little difficult so buyers don't contact us if they have issues with seller's files. When you buy something someone gives you link. Like in youtube description or on some forum, you trust seller so you buy otherwise you don't buy.

Stats are publicly available for all products.

We want to get rid of files as soon as possible because space is a big issue in such services. So we have set a limit of 30 days to delete files with no traffic.
We save files in encrypted form and even staff of our platform cannot see files uploaded by sellers. Maybe whenever you will buy some product and download it you will see some proofs in file name that file was decrypted just for you to download.
Also it is not humanly possible to download each file and check what's inside and keep a copy of it. User can setup number of time they want to sell and once that limit is reached files are downloaded.
We got 1200+ products uploaded in last 24 hours.

As far as anonymity is concerned we are not asking for any personal data like email or any other thing. We are not using Google captcha or anything like that for bot filtration. We are using self made captcha to verify if uploader is human or not. We are trying our best to keep users anonymous.
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1401
Disobey.
I see some problems with a product like this:
1. How can the buyer verify the file you are supposedly selling is indeed that file? - Example, you promise a 600 dpi-high-res print file, but actually the resulation is just a 100 dpi file unsuited for printing. Any escrow in play here?
2. Generally, the problem with digital assets is you can just create as many copies as you wish once you aquired the file. So is there any mechanisms to prevent someone from buying your graphic for $10 and instantly putting it up for $8 to profit from it while at the same time killing your sales?
3. Right now it says you don't provide any refunds. As long as funds sent match the cost amount that seems fine. However, what if you send too much or too little? Wouldn't it be nice to also ask for a refund address before the payment can be made to "catch" these cases?

Despite that, neat and clean looking platform so far.

Answer to all these questions have been answered in our main ANN Thread.

what happens if a seller provide a description and upload a wrong file/damaged or just make a scam? how it can be trusted the contents? did you plan to make escrow on transactions?
what if there are virus/trojan/malware added to these files? did you plan to scan contents uploaded?
There is a note added on bottom of each product that files belong to seller and you must trust them. We do not provide escrow services but you will get what seller uploaded after making payment. Buyer must do that on their side.

Our system scans for viruses and we keep data encrypted so our system is protected. But for buyers someone can still upload a virus protected in password protected zip files so buyer must trust the seller before buying. That's why there is no option to view all products that are uploaded on our platform. Sellers only share links with their potential buyers themselves.

It is not an escrow platform as we cannot read files uploaded by sellers.

Thank you..

so that's what I was questioning myself about :
.. (not refundable) !!
#~ Once you paid, you have to download your product directly to don't lose it
#~ Once your browser close, you can't download it again !

- why not provide a unique link for the payment page in case the buyer need to return to it in case of connection lost for example ??

- you could make a field to the seller to put a description of the file or just an url to the description.. (or for anonymity it is possible to make to field just for an ASH of the description so the buyer can check it)! This as an protection for the buyer in case there is some that try selling inexisting items that they don't actually have ! .. like this the buyer may ask for a refund... So making the service like this do not do not provide any addition than just like making a direct transaction between to seller and the buyer!

There is a field to add description to each product. Maybe you did not saw it. Kindly check this product Link Removed

It is not like a direct payment. You can just upload files and then you can sleep after sharing your product link .People will keep buying and you will receive payment without need to always send them files each times. Also Buyers do not need to wait for you to come online to send you files. They can pay and get your products anytime. Consider it like you have 100 website codes to sell. You can add description of each product and maybe include screenshot or video links for your website demo. After one time upload you can paste links on services like pastebin and share pastebin link. You have just created a digital store. You don't need to make a website for selling your products. You do not need to manage payment addresses etc. Consider it in big numbers and you will see difference i.e 10k buyers of 10 products in 1 hour. https://selldefi.com/ saves a lot of time and management work and I hope people will start using it once they understand it.

Even if our platform does not exist people can still buy files from each other and sell at different rate to others. That's why we are not offering a public page to share all products there. Because some scammer can clone your file in cheap rate. As you can see in thread that ART work link of Medace is unique and you know it is uploaded by him. If someone else will claim he is selling same art people will not buy from him. Similarly a Youtuber can use our platform to sell their codes to their viewers by just adding a link in description or consider a Twitch streamer selling discount coupons or magazines to their viewers. There are lot of use cases.

My mistake, should have read your ann first. I did so now. Seems solid, even though probably similar services do already exist? Not sure but would be suprised if not.
Regarding refunding, you only mentioned the additional comment field. I'd highly suggest implementing a refunding field BEFORE the payment can be made, technical error can occur, connection lost, comma-error etc and it would be nice to have this kind of protection just in case.
Might try to use it soon, too.

so you can buy it for a minimum amount of about 10 dollars and so we will test the service together.  Good fun.

Price of your product is set to 0.01 Bitcoin. Not $10.
If it is not your desired price then create a new product with correct price.
He's probably just a bit slow. I mean 0.01 roughly equates to $10... In early 2017.  Grin

More questions to @bnbstorm:
- https://selldefi.com//1gO3GWpmbk0EdzJn4KRj/buy In this example we can see some stats about how many sold etc. Is this optional or always visible to buyers?
- How long do you keep files? How can people trust that you don't check the files or keep them forever or just a copy for yourself?
- You claim not to collect user data and for buyers and sellers to stay anonymous - anything to back up these claims?
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1172
Privacy Servers. Since 2009.
Maybe you think I'm promoting my new campaign but it's not like that, I learned about this service and I want to talk about it.  It is an exchange with the sale of files with payment in Bitcoin, so far nothing striking but in a nutshell the service is an escrow for files in various ways whether they are text or image.  Let's say you wrote a text for a newspaper or a publisher or you have an image that a customer wants to buy, well 3 steps: upload the file, share the link and sell the file.  Simple, clean, fast.  I just uploaded the first original format but in a special format for printing 50X70 the Bitcoin whitepaper that you can hang and display at your home, so you can buy it for a minimum amount of about 10 dollars and so we will test the service together.  Good fun.

File

https://selldefi.com//1gO3GWpmbk0EdzJn4KRj/buy

Interesting concept. The only possible issue you're going to face is that the escrow has to be reputable. Nobody is going to provide their hard-earned funds to an unknown company (are you even a real company? It's not mentioned on your website...) Perhaps you could start this as a free service with no fees and customer should pay directly to the seller's address? After your website/brand gains more trust you could introduce the fee eventually. Just my 2c.
copper member
so you can buy it for a minimum amount of about 10 dollars and so we will test the service together.  Good fun.

Price of your product is set to 0.01 Bitcoin. Not $10.
If it is not your desired price then create a new product with correct price.
copper member
1. How can the buyer verify the file you are supposedly selling is indeed that file? - Example, you promise a 600 dpi-high-res print file, but actually the resulation is just a 100 dpi file unsuited for printing. Any escrow in play here?
2. Generally, the problem with digital assets is you can just create as many copies as you wish once you aquired the file. So is there any mechanisms to prevent someone from buying your graphic for $10 and instantly putting it up for $8 to profit from it while at the same time killing your sales?
3. Right now it says you don't provide any refunds. As long as funds sent match the cost amount that seems fine. However, what if you send too much or too little? Wouldn't it be nice to also ask for a refund address before the payment can be made to "catch" these cases?

Answer to all these questions have been answered in our main ANN Thread.

what happens if a seller provide a description and upload a wrong file/damaged or just make a scam? how it can be trusted the contents? did you plan to make escrow on transactions?
what if there are virus/trojan/malware added to these files? did you plan to scan contents uploaded?
There is a note added on bottom of each product that files belong to seller and you must trust them. We do not provide escrow services but you will get what seller uploaded after making payment. Buyer must do that on their side.

Our system scans for viruses and we keep data encrypted so our system is protected. But for buyers someone can still upload a virus protected in password protected zip files so buyer must trust the seller before buying. That's why there is no option to view all products that are uploaded on our platform. Sellers only share links with their potential buyers themselves.

It is not an escrow platform as we cannot read files uploaded by sellers.

Thank you..

so that's what I was questioning myself about :
.. (not refundable) !!
#~ Once you paid, you have to download your product directly to don't lose it
#~ Once your browser close, you can't download it again !

- why not provide a unique link for the payment page in case the buyer need to return to it in case of connection lost for example ??

- you could make a field to the seller to put a description of the file or just an url to the description.. (or for anonymity it is possible to make to field just for an ASH of the description so the buyer can check it)! This as an protection for the buyer in case there is some that try selling inexisting items that they don't actually have ! .. like this the buyer may ask for a refund... So making the service like this do not do not provide any addition than just like making a direct transaction between to seller and the buyer!

There is a field to add description to each product. Maybe you did not saw it. Kindly check this product Link Removed

It is not like a direct payment. You can just upload files and then you can sleep after sharing your product link .People will keep buying and you will receive payment without need to always send them files each times. Also Buyers do not need to wait for you to come online to send you files. They can pay and get your products anytime. Consider it like you have 100 website codes to sell. You can add description of each product and maybe include screenshot or video links for your website demo. After one time upload you can paste links on services like pastebin and share pastebin link. You have just created a digital store. You don't need to make a website for selling your products. You do not need to manage payment addresses etc. Consider it in big numbers and you will see difference i.e 10k buyers of 10 products in 1 hour. https://selldefi.com/ saves a lot of time and management work and I hope people will start using it once they understand it.

Even if our platform does not exist people can still buy files from each other and sell at different rate to others. That's why we are not offering a public page to share all products there. Because some scammer can clone your file in cheap rate. As you can see in thread that ART work link of Medace is unique and you know it is uploaded by him. If someone else will claim he is selling same art people will not buy from him. Similarly a Youtuber can use our platform to sell their codes to their viewers by just adding a link in description or consider a Twitch streamer selling discount coupons or magazines to their viewers. There are lot of use cases.
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1401
Disobey.

copper member
Maybe you think I'm promoting my new campaign but it's not like that, I learned about this service and I want to talk about it.  It is an exchange with the sale of files with payment in Bitcoin, so far nothing striking but in a nutshell the service is an escrow for files in various ways whether they are text or image.  Let's say you wrote a text for a newspaper or a publisher or you have an image that a customer wants to buy, well 3 steps: upload the file, share the link and sell the file.  Simple, clean, fast.  I just uploaded the first original format but in a special format for printing 50X70 the Bitcoin whitepaper that you can hang and display at your home, so you can buy it for a minimum amount of about 10 dollars and so we will test the service together.  Good fun.

File

https://selldefi.com//1gO3GWpmbk0EdzJn4KRj/buy

Thank you for such generous review of our platform. We wish you luck for selling your art.

copper member
I just have faith you are device to render to you if you don't like your company or promoting it is better for you to quit from that company because giving a report about them can also give them about the record except that you have found out with evidence what is bad about that particular signature campaign or a bounty campaign you are into
The OP never meant to say he did not like his campaign, the statement their is clear enough for anyone to understand, all he meant was to share the new discovery from the platform/site which he never taught was possible, and not as a form of promotion for the Platform.

I just uploaded the first original format but in a special format for printing 50X70 the Bitcoin whitepaper that you can hang and display at your home, so you can buy it for a minimum amount of about 10 dollars and so we will test the service together.  Good fun.

Great move, but buying this for fun shake is like giving out a whooping 10$.
Another thing I needed to ask since you have visited the site and test run few of it's features, do they charge sellers some percentage for selling their or they remove some few coin from both parties since they also serve as escrow?

I would like to answer this question as I am developer of SellDefi platform. Our platform charges some fee from seller only. We do not charge anything from buyer. Currently our fee is 6% but we will definitely reduce it once we got enough users. You can learn more about it in our ANN thread.
Activity: 448
Merit: 580
Pizza Maker 2023 | Bitcoinbeer.events

Another thing I needed to ask since you have visited the site and test run few of it's features, do they charge sellers some percentage for selling their or they remove some few coin from both parties since they also serve as escrow?

I don't know the answer Smiley I've never tried it until now and that's exactly why I shared it.  I'm just curious how it works, but I'm sure they keep a portion of the fee.
Activity: 532
Merit: 618
I just have faith you are device to render to you if you don't like your company or promoting it is better for you to quit from that company because giving a report about them can also give them about the record except that you have found out with evidence what is bad about that particular signature campaign or a bounty campaign you are into
The OP never meant to say he did not like his campaign, the statement their is clear enough for anyone to understand, all he meant was to share the new discovery from the platform/site which he never taught was possible, and not as a form of promotion for the Platform.

I just uploaded the first original format but in a special format for printing 50X70 the Bitcoin whitepaper that you can hang and display at your home, so you can buy it for a minimum amount of about 10 dollars and so we will test the service together.  Good fun.

Activity: 868
Merit: 38
Join hands and help me to grow everybody...
Activity: 448
Merit: 580
Pizza Maker 2023 | Bitcoinbeer.events
Maybe you think I'm promoting my new campaign but it's not like that, I learned about this service and I want to talk about it.  It is an exchange with the sale of files with payment in Bitcoin, so far nothing striking but in a nutshell the service is an escrow for files in various ways whether they are text or image.  Let's say you wrote a text for a newspaper or a publisher or you have an image that a customer wants to buy, well 3 steps: upload the file, share the link and sell the file.  Simple, clean, fast.  I just uploaded the first original format but in a special format for printing 50X70 the Bitcoin whitepaper that you can hang and display at your home, so you can buy it for a minimum amount of about 10 dollars and so we will test the service together.  Good fun.

File

https://selldefi.com//m8VvJ4open9Ed7Az1XPY

Pages:
Jump to: