Pages:
Author

Topic: I feel like bitcoin is a losing battle - page 3. (Read 1446 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Basically a metaphor I guess, people who invested early are holding onto large amounts of coins and people like myself who really need it, but don't have the physical means to buy or mine for it are left standing in the dust.

Here's how I feel, everyone should be given a free shot at a decent amount of btc. Not just faucets, because you could spend 3 months at a faucet and earn a fraction of a bitcoin.

That's how things are. In the real life economy, also. People really aren't entitled to anything. People should be happy with any amount they have. Saying something is M.I.A just because you don't have a high amount for it is like saying somebody is K.I.A when they're alive.

People who invested early spent time or/and money on it.
Activity: 140
Merit: 110
bitcoinnaire
Basically a metaphor I guess, people who invested early are holding onto large amounts of coins and people like myself who really need it, but don't have the physical means to buy or mine for it are left standing in the dust.

Here's how I feel, everyone should be given a free shot at a decent amount of btc. Not just faucets, because you could spend 3 months at a faucet and earn a fraction of a bitcoin.

But that's just me, and especially for people in desperate need like myself it should be a -no brainer- that people come to the aid and rescue. I have 3 family members right now dealing with terminal to minor cancer, I have no way to get home to them and am unemployed. I am also disabled.

Sob story aside, I think for sure people should be able to help those in need.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
... A bunch of people holding a ton of coins, while people like myself who are off and on about it, reaching up to grab for some, and it getting taken away by an older bigger bully.
Sorry to hear about the troubles in your family. Could you explain the losing part a bit more? What is your goal with bitcoin and what is your plan to achieve your goal? I don't understand your statement above. Someone is stealing from you?
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
When I stumbled upon BTC in 2011, it was worth $14 or so bucks. Why didn't I just mine, or buy then? Why didn't I figure some way out then?

The year is now 2014, and I'm worn out on bitcoin. It almost feels like a joke. A bunch of people holding a ton of coins, while people like myself who are off and on about it, reaching up to grab for some, and it getting taken away by an older bigger bully.

I've had my share of heartache's in the past month, a grandmother who has 8 months to live (at best), my mother has breast cancer. My father has an auto immune disease that stripped him of his body mass/weight and has forced him to relearn how to walk, talk, and eat.

I just can't stand it. I got into bitcoin because I was excited about it, I felt it had promise, and now...

I can't.

I'm sorry guys, I'm just not in a good way right now.

omg man ... what are you telling about?
Instead of crying get yourself to do something to change life for better.
Nothing comes for free and if you will waste your time for crying around you will lose a chance to live your best life ever.

Think about it.
bitcoinnaire
No I never lost any coin, at the time when they were dirt cheap I didn't have any money then, and that's when cpu mining was becoming a thing of the past. I had a little netbook that could only pound out like maybe 10mh/s at most and I'd never heard of altcoins yet.

Trying to keep my head on while I'm going through all of this strife is really hard to do, especially when I need this money now to help the people I love the most.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
When I stumbled upon BTC in 2011, it was worth $14 or so bucks. Why didn't I just mine, or buy then? Why didn't I figure some way out then?

The year is now 2014, and I'm worn out on bitcoin. It almost feels like a joke. A bunch of people holding a ton of coins, while people like myself who are off and on about it, reaching up to grab for some, and it getting taken away by an older bigger bully.

I've had my share of heartache's in the past month, a grandmother who has 8 months to live (at best), my mother has breast cancer. My father has an auto immune disease that stripped him of his body mass/weight and has forced him to relearn how to walk, talk, and eat.

I just can't stand it. I got into bitcoin because I was excited about it, I felt it had promise, and now...

I can't.

seems like you lost some coins and are a bit upset/bitter about it. should have bought and hold, and hold however much you were comfortable with.

sorry to hear about what's going on in your life, but you are bummed out about bitcoin because it has lost you money.. and you weren't ballsy enough to hold onto your coins when the price started to go down. you have to own up to your responsibilities.. yeah, the market is rigged, but if you have a good head on your shoulders (you have control of this), then you'll still make out well.
bitcoinnaire

I can't.

Pages:
Jump to: