Pages:
Author

Topic: I hate Creative Assembly - page 3. (Read 3624 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
August 25, 2013, 08:54:06 AM
Allow me to explain the title but I'm in a love-hate thing with creative assembly at the moment and I'm looking forward to Rome 2 Total War but they keep fucking things up all the time, some of the stuff looks fantastic like being able to bring in reinforcements from your naval fleet on the coast and recruiting units away from your cities without having to wait for them to get there ( that was a real pain in the arse if any of you played the previous total war games ) but I just get the feeling they're going to fuck things up again. They have this weird habit of fixing certain features and doing them really brilliantly like land battles or they completely fuck it over like with agents and naval warfare, here's what I think will happen when we finally get the game.

. A.I Agents will still spam unskippable animations against you except even worse now because of how big the map is

. They'll have DRM'd the shit out of the game and will try to force you to connect to the internet in order to play it like Shogun 2 even if you just want to play the campaign

. Lots and lots of cheap and nasty DLCs, expect to have to pay for blood again ( Yes, they actually had the fucking balls to try and charge people 0.99 for fucking blood in a war game, that is a low move for a games company that doesn't even need the money )

. Already we've seen factions that would normally have been in the main campaign ( Greeks etc. )

. A.I will keep spamming diplomacy at you if you don't go to war with them or agree to their demands to shut them up, hopefully we won't have to deal with unskippable diplomat agent animations like in the earlier games, they thankfully got rid of that in Shogun 2

. There will be no sandbox mode despite constant and noticeable protest for one I've seen with no victory conditions and just lots of total war gameplay

. The terrain modifiers etc. will be nerfed again, I've seen some improvements ( they have introduced some impressive line of sight stuff but still seem to keep the general in plain view all the time from what I can see ) but chances are if you put your archers on a hill they'll do even less damage than Shogun 2 and they'll just compensate for this by putting silly overpowered units in to make it seem like they've done something which will ruin the whole point of strategies in the game

. Multiplayer will be a piece of shit like in most cases of total war games, either it will be too laggy because of the amount of units, imbalanced because of the way the game is set up, or imbalanced because they've decided to introduce shitty RPG elements into a game that should be about strategy and not how many experience points you have like in Shogun 2 to piss away on expensive units

I was quite happy with the idea that I'll be able to play Macedon though so I'll probably be picking them on my first campaign Cheesy and being able to expand your already owned cities will solve a lot of limitations the original Rome had on the campaign.
Pages:
Jump to: