Pages:
Author

Topic: I hate politics - page 3. (Read 11097 times)

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
February 11, 2015, 01:52:31 PM
But just for fun lets see what you opinions are to the poll.

With Mr Modi being so tech savvy as he is, I do think he'd be more open towards adopting Bitcoins in India.
On the other hand Bitcoins can really be used to fund some anti social stuff and I think AAP would be the party that would be generally against such a decentralized currency.

Congress is hopeless, they dont believe in arming Indians with guns or Bitcoins for that matter... I wonder if rahul Gandhi is on this forum, or is he sleeping again ?  Roll Eyes

Might not be true. AFAIK, AAP accepted bitcoin donation before. But, my information may be wrong. Subvolatil may enlighten us on this issue. Wink

Moreover, Indian govt. has shown interest in Bitcoin before. They are mum now as it has not received much of a traction here. Now, you can not expect a Govt initiative to spread Bitcoin in India.

former finance minister, P Chidambaram, had given a statement that RBI was examining the issues relating to the usage, holding and trading of virtual currencies, including Bitcoins, under the extant legal and regulatory framework of the country.

Source: http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2014-06-18/news/50678868_1_currency-notes-bitcoins-satoshi-nakamoto

By the way, this topic does not belong to this section. It should go under off-topic.

It is related to Bitcoins and it's acceptance in India, hence the post has been made in the main section and not the generally overlooked Indian - offtopic section.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1204
The revolution will be digital
February 11, 2015, 01:46:41 PM

With Mr Modi being so tech savvy as he is, I do think he'd be more open towards adopting Bitcoins in India.
On the other hand Bitcoins can really be used to fund some anti social stuff and I think AAP would be the party that would be generally against such a decentralized currency.

Congress is hopeless, they dont believe in arming Indians with guns or Bitcoins for that matter... I wonder if rahul Gandhi is on this forum, or is he sleeping again ?  Roll Eyes

Might not be true. AFAIK, AAP accepted bitcoin donation before. But, my information may be wrong. Subvolatil may enlighten us on this issue. Wink

Moreover, Indian govt. has shown interest in Bitcoin before. They are mum now as it has not received much of a traction here. Now, you can not expect a Govt initiative to spread Bitcoin in India.

former finance minister, P Chidambaram, had given a statement that RBI was examining the issues relating to the usage, holding and trading of virtual currencies, including Bitcoins, under the extant legal and regulatory framework of the country.

Source: http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2014-06-18/news/50678868_1_currency-notes-bitcoins-satoshi-nakamoto

By the way, this topic does not belong to this section. It should go under off-topic.
www.V.systems
February 11, 2015, 07:15:58 AM
If you simply look at poll question :
Which political party in India will support Bitcoins?

NOTA will get highest votes, IMHO Smiley

Regards

Hence it doesnt exist, every one already knows that govt in India doesnt believe in Bitcoins and that isnt supposed to change soon BUT lets not let the people give up hope on the govt so soon ... even if they have lets not show it.
legendary
Activity: 1105
Merit: 1001
https://www.zebpay.com
February 11, 2015, 07:05:59 AM
If you simply look at poll question :
Which political party in India will support Bitcoins?

NOTA will get highest votes, IMHO Smiley

Regards
sgk
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
!! HODL !!
February 11, 2015, 06:58:35 AM
Maybe the finance ministry understands the 'implications' of it, still I'm not sure how many will understand the 'technical' aspects of how it all works.
Nonetheless they'll always rely on what RBI suggests.

That is you still saying that NOONE in Indian politics are qualified enough to have a strong standpoint against or for Bitcoins, I think that is the most silliest opinion of all.

Yes, that is my opinion, no matter how silly it may sound to someone. but I firmly believe it.

And of course if you have opposite opinion, it may sound silly to me. That's why it is called 'personal opinion'. Because it is subjective.
www.V.systems
February 11, 2015, 05:27:42 AM
Poll modified with a bunch of new parties. Dont ask me for full forms lol

Still waiting for NOTA  Tongue

NOTA Not Happening Cheesy This topic is already very negative dont need to bring in more negativity.

Maybe the finance ministry understands the 'implications' of it, still I'm not sure how many will understand the 'technical' aspects of how it all works.

That is you still saying that NOONE in Indian politics are qualified enough to have a strong standpoint against or for Bitcoins, I think that is the most silliest opinion of all.
sgk
legendary
!! HODL !!
February 11, 2015, 04:37:29 AM

Congress is hopeless, they dont believe in arming Indians with guns or Bitcoins for that matter... I wonder if rahul Gandhi is on this forum, or is he sleeping again ?  Roll Eyes

I don't see "NOTA" in there  Tongue

No, seriously...   no Indian political party will support Bitcoin. They won't even understand it.
The only place opinion and regulation can come from is RBI.

You do understand that what you said implies that no person in Indian politics is educated enough to understand BTC. How is that a good judgement ?

sgk
legendary
!! HODL !!
February 11, 2015, 04:35:30 AM

Still waiting for NOTA  Tongue
www.V.systems
February 11, 2015, 04:21:14 AM
www.V.systems
February 11, 2015, 04:18:26 AM

Congress is hopeless, they dont believe in arming Indians with guns or Bitcoins for that matter... I wonder if rahul Gandhi is on this forum, or is he sleeping again ?  Roll Eyes

Choice of parties shows you are from Bengal Tongue How about adding RJD, SP, BSP, DMK, AIADMK, JD, JDU and so on Tongue

Government or parties can not, do not, will not encourage or discourage bitcoin or such instruments that can affect economic policy.
They don't need to support or reject bitcoin. Even RBI or FM do not need to support or reject bitcoins. All they will do is, if the usage and acceptance of bitcoins increase among population they will create framework or rules on usage. If the usage is not good in their opinion for their policies or economy they will make it harder for people to use it, else they don't need to care Smiley

But having some big name from a political party endorsing benefits of bitcoins can be huge publicity boost for bitcoins in India. Oh and don't under estimate knowledge of Indian politicians, some of them actually might be knowing about it Smiley

Regards

I have been ranting about the fact that I am from bengal since the day I joined Tongue
I dont really know a lot about other parties or their agenda hence didnt add them, but the poll is open to suggestions and modification.
www.V.systems
February 11, 2015, 04:16:24 AM

No, seriously...   no Indian political party will support Bitcoin. They won't even understand it.

You do understand that what you said implies that no person in Indian politics is educated enough to understand BTC. How is that a good judgement ?
sgk
legendary
!! HODL !!
February 11, 2015, 03:35:24 AM

legendary
Activity: 1105
Merit: 1001
https://www.zebpay.com
February 11, 2015, 03:30:10 AM

Choice of parties shows you are from Bengal Tongue How about adding RJD, SP, BSP, DMK, AIADMK, JD, JDU and so on Tongue

Government or parties can not, do not, will not encourage or discourage bitcoin or such instruments that can affect economic policy.
They don't need to support or reject bitcoin. Even RBI or FM do not need to support or reject bitcoins. All they will do is, if the usage and acceptance of bitcoins increase among population they will create framework or rules on usage. If the usage is not good in their opinion for their policies or economy they will make it harder for people to use it, else they don't need to care Smiley

But having some big name from a political party endorsing benefits of bitcoins can be huge publicity boost for bitcoins in India. Oh and don't under estimate knowledge of Indian politicians, some of them actually might be knowing about it Smiley

Regards
www.V.systems
February 11, 2015, 03:09:15 AM

Pages:
Jump to: