Pages:
Author

Topic: I have 500,000$ to invest - page 10. (Read 11871 times)

Activity: 164
Merit: 100
August 13, 2017, 04:58:49 PM
Things to do:
1) Buy greyhound
2) Buy donut stand
3) Buy container full of DVDs

On point 3, isn't it better to diversify to CDs and BluRays?
Activity: 518
Merit: 271
August 13, 2017, 01:19:09 PM
If i were you, you should diversify your money not only investing in bitcoin also in other cryptocurrencies like ethereum. But 500k is big to invest with so, it will better to invest in bitcoin and ethereum and save the rest of your money just in case something bad might well atleast you have the money.
Activity: 784
Merit: 502
August 13, 2017, 09:33:33 AM
Please be aware of scammers telling you to "Do Your Own Research"

Doing your own research can only lead to disaster as you clearly need pro level advice from long term posters here

Remember that traders here were investing in BTC way before you even thought of it so their advice is golden and a 100% sure fire way of making you $1,000,000 without even having to leave the laptop

Things to do:
1) Buy greyhound
2) Buy donut stand
3) Buy container full of DVDs
Activity: 532
Merit: 327
August 13, 2017, 08:50:47 AM
Before you invest why don't you read some stuff about crypto and do your own research? lmao
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
August 13, 2017, 08:02:41 AM
Watching all these people pitching scams is crazy. Do your own research and buy what you want, people are going to just push their own poison here.
Activity: 438
Merit: 266
August 13, 2017, 07:54:30 AM
Do your own research and use your skills. Don't put all eggs in one basket. I know high-schooler who took a big bet of $10000 on penny stock and he made $400000. He just got lucky. Zero skill.
Activity: 784
August 13, 2017, 05:32:04 AM
Buying a greyhound is the smart choice. a fast greyhound can net you 100000x returns

After that I would go for a donut stand, if you get a good pitch near a bunch of fat fucks, a donut stand can make you 200x ROI

Finally I would go for a container full of DVDs
Activity: 584
August 13, 2017, 05:22:50 AM
I'm not sure investing in tech is the best idea, seeing as how technology is evolving at such a high rate. Maybe something more stable, more predictable. But that's the big question isn't it?

If it's less risky, more stable and easily predictable then it is likely not going to be a profitable investment and so you should be ready to risk if you want to invest and so whether tech stuff or Bitcoin just follow and understand how the systems work and invest with adequate knowledge about the investment.

Ok, then let me ask you this: if you had to choose, what's the wisest choice? Tech or gold?
Activity: 658
Merit: 256
August 13, 2017, 04:42:04 AM
I will invest in Bitcoin and a few more coins in the following manner:

Bitcoin: 50%
2 or 3 coins from top 10 coinmarketcap: 30% For this I suggest NEM, and ETC
ICOs that have good potential: 20%
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
August 13, 2017, 04:30:30 AM
Lots of things you can do with the amount of money you have. I advise using it to buy bitcoin, now bitcoin prices have achieved tremendous improvement. In just a few days bitcoin has increased hundreds of dollars. In the future bitcoin has been predicted to experience a fantastic price increase. So I would strongly encourage you to buy as much bitcoin as possible. This is a very profitable and easy to do investment.
Activity: 840
Merit: 516
August 13, 2017, 04:15:03 AM
where should i invest and why ?
I recommend you to buy each altcoins/bitcoin to buy Maidsafe, Xem, Ethereum, Bay, Xem those and Bitcoin those coins will give you a millions of dollars after you hold them 3 to 5 years for sure. Good luck Wink

If  I have that much money means I surely go to bitcoin. Why because the price of bitcoin is reached  3000 it required 2-3 year. But now it crossed more than that.Yesterday it price was 3451$.which is nearly 3500$.If you brought bitcoin when the price is low and sell when it's high means u will get double profit
Considering your present amount, there is no doubt it is a huge one and I appreciate your concern about increasing it. Make long term investment to get huge profits for a long duration. According to me, investing in Bitcoins is the best option you have at present. Spend some amount of your money to buy Bitcoins and try to increase their number. Give it a try, I guarantee you it will not be a disappointment !
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
August 12, 2017, 04:42:24 PM
I would suggest you to invest in DeepOnion new promising coin new tech. A very interesting group of people would like to use transactions through TOR network.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
August 12, 2017, 04:29:22 PM
Bitcoin Cash.
Activity: 756
Merit: 253
August 12, 2017, 04:22:41 PM
I'm not sure investing in tech is the best idea, seeing as how technology is evolving at such a high rate. Maybe something more stable, more predictable. But that's the big question isn't it?

If it's less risky, more stable and easily predictable then it is likely not going to be a profitable investment and so you should be ready to risk if you want to invest and so whether tech stuff or Bitcoin just follow and understand how the systems work and invest with adequate knowledge about the investment.
Activity: 584
August 12, 2017, 04:38:21 AM
Activity: 1540
Merit: 500
August 11, 2017, 12:36:13 PM
I'm assuming that this is your extra money that you can invest without worrying about it in the future. You should keep 50k aside and invest it in altcoins that looks decent to you. Invest the rest in Bitcoin and other alts with large market cap that's where big players stay and when they move the market, you'll move with it. Keep some aside just in case price drops, so you can buy more.
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
August 11, 2017, 12:30:42 PM
where should i invest and why ?
Assuming you own the place you live, you don't need the money in the foreseeable future (minimum 5 years) and you don't need to invest in order to fund a particular purchase (for example a house or college) then:
60% in global equity funds
20% in bonds
10% in bitcoin
10% in cash
Rebalance frequently to maintain roughly the same allocation.
Activity: 420
August 11, 2017, 11:28:22 AM
First of all, I want to just call out that it is dangerous to come onto a forum and ask for investing advice. There are many people here that would steer you to buy a certain coin that they want to go up in price, so their natural bias would be to tell you to buy X or Y or Z, because of reason A or B or C or D etc...

The question you should ask is, where can you find more information about coins to invest in? You need to learn and do the homework yourself to come up with any meaningful conclusions.

You will need to spends 100s of hours reading about many different concepts and coins before you understand even 10% of what is going on here. Keep reading. Go and read white papers, look at exchanges, price history, terms, concepts, definitions, memorize things.

Lots of work to do before you can figure out what to invest in.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
August 11, 2017, 11:15:05 AM
That's a lot of money to begin with. If I were you, I'll just invest 50% of if into the crypto world like BTC, ETH, LTC and XRP. Or even in and ICO. You just need to do a lot of research though. The rest for none crypto's like stocks, bonds and Mutual Funds.

Even if everyone is suggesting you some coins, I would advise you to diversify your investment in at least 30 to 40 investment options and you can put some amount in strong coins from the market and also consider other parallel investment opportunities such as Blockchain/Bitcoin startups, Crypto currency / Fiat ATMs, promising ICOs etc. Please spend maximum time in doing your research, doesn't matter even if it takes 6+ months but look for the long term goals and throughout security.

This is what I'm trying to drive at. He need's to diversify his funds and not put it all in the crypto industry. So he has still a lot of options in his hands to at least mitigate the risk if something goes wrong to his investments. He can even try real state as well. Different investment choices work well under different conditions and in an uncertain world where the future is mostly unknown, a diversified portfolio is a sensible choice.

Exactly, since his capital is high enough to diversify and still having the strong amount of share for investing in every possible option. OP should wisely diversify this investment among various sectors which are not related to each other so even if something goes wrong in one sector, it won't affect the whole invested capital. I think everyone on this thread is suggesting it since the amount is high.
Activity: 378
Embrace change
August 11, 2017, 09:23:02 AM
These are my suggestions:

One. You can participate in ICO and choose a start-up. Everex is a Singaporean company with a good mission. Alexi Lane and his team want to build a faster and better global remittance system. Everex token sale is still on-going, and both ethereum and bitcoin are accepted. If you're planning to invest, there's a sign up link here: goo.gl/E2NDF2 ICO investment, to me, is a win-win. You invest in cryptocurrency and at the same time, you're helping a company make a difference.

Two. You can invest in bitcoin itself. The market value of bitcoin is unstoppable. It keeps rising and it keeps surprising people all over the world. Why not join the fun? Who knows? This is the kind of investment program you're waiting for. Just remember: Expect less.

Three. Invest in your own company. Instead of risking your money to an existing company, why not start something new? Your start-up can use bitcoin in all payment transactions. You can also join the ICO Community. 
Pages:
Jump to: