Pages:
Author

Topic: I have a MAXIMUM budget of 12 BTC to invest in Bitcoin mining, need some advice - page 2. (Read 2518 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I buy from these guys and they have not let me down, always there to help if needed.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=370260.280
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
if you're gonna buy jalapenos, make sure you get them a good psu, else they will die out fast. Those ATX ones are great, there's a thread that a dude sell those atx to 5.5mm connectors so that you could plug in to your jally.

In my opinion, get stuff that you can get your hands on right now, not a pre order or anything, unless the company is sure to ship at that stipulated date. I waited 5 months for my jallies. They died recently after 7 to 11 days of use. Mostly power supply problems. I wouldn't recommend them, but it's your call.

Stuff from KNC seems pretty solid, rigid, designed for long term mining.
Activity: 147
Merit: 104
Your best bet for immediate delivery? Those 180GH/s Antminers are looking pretty sweet. You could get 3 of them, for a total of 540GH/s.
Actual price is 2,65BTC so he can get 4 ants = 720GH on default clock , 770GH or 810GH after OC
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Its not serous advice but i would think to buy some a lot of mining rigs to get high hashes Smiley like 50 butterfly jalapenos Smiley 50x200$=10k$ and you get around 300-350 GH/s Smiley some Jelys do 6-7gh/s but u would need separate room with a lot of sockets Smiley Its not the best idea but thinking in that way u could get around 400-500 ghz/s from buying a lot of separates stuff and fit in 10k$,
Activity: 14
Thing is, I have to pay back this $10,000 in 6 to 9 months, so buying and holding might not prove to be the best option for me.

In that case, I would find a nice miner ASAP.  Can't think of any worth 12BTC though...
Like the guy above me said, maybe 3 AntMiners?
If you can snag some KnC gear, I can attest to their quality.  Fantastic units.  Keep your eyes on open on Craigslist for Jupiter or Saturn units.

Spend 8-11BTC on a Jupiter.  Hold the rest for a month or two, then supplement your mining pool slowly as you bring in BTC.

I will say one thing though, if you need to pay this loan back, do not pre-order anything.

Just my 0.02BTC
I would never do a preorder, though I was truly tempted for the 5 GH/s BFL jalepenos.

If I pickup a Jupiter for $9000 and let it mine 6 months straight, I would still have about 4 BTC to make up for.  6 months from now the Jupiter will be obsolete mining 0.02BTC per week.  (http://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator)  Can you explain the 'supplementation of the pool?'  I don't know how it would turn ~1 BTC into 4+ BTC.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Buy into my group buy, its currently the best price per hosted GH, and we also have a day 1 Neptune included.
Activity: 991
I am in Batch 1 for HashFast. And was withing the first month of BFL back in the day.

Definitely do not do pre-orders. I waited over a year and 3 months to finally get my stuff from BFL.
Activity: 56
Thing is, I have to pay back this $10,000 in 6 to 9 months, so buying and holding might not prove to be the best option for me.

In that case, I would find a nice miner ASAP.  Can't think of any worth 12BTC though...
Like the guy above me said, maybe 3 AntMiners?
If you can snag some KnC gear, I can attest to their quality.  Fantastic units.  Keep your eyes on open on Craigslist for Jupiter or Saturn units.

Spend 8-11BTC on a Jupiter.  Hold the rest for a month or two, then supplement your mining pool slowly as you bring in BTC.

I will say one thing though, if you need to pay this loan back, do not pre-order anything.

Just my 0.02BTC
Activity: 56
Buy BTC and hold, or if you can find a Jupiter, they're still probably the best available miner.  Bitfury (400GH/s) are pretty awesome too, but they are also pretty rare.

I'm selling some gear (Saturn and an Avalon) but I can't say honestly that that's what I would do if I had 12BTC to spend.

Good luck!
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Your best bet for immediate delivery? Those 180GH/s Antminers are looking pretty sweet. You could get 3 of them, for a total of 540GH/s.

That's assuming you don't want to wait for a pre-order. 4TH/s of TerraMiners would cost you ~12k, but wouldn't be delivered until May. 3TH/s of Monarchs would cost you ~11k, but wouldn't be delivered until sometime between February and May(?).

Another option is GPU farming. You could probably get 15Mh/s if you shopped carefully. You won't make as much, and your power bill would be higher, but your earnings would be less subject to rapidly increasing difficulty changes, and GPUs are a lot easier to resell on ebay.
Activity: 991
Hello!  As I've stated in the title, I have $10,000 to spend on Bitcoin mining.  I'm however am having trouble finding the best buy.  If any of you can tell me what the best miner is for 12 BTC with the most reliability, highest hashrate, lowest power consumption, best reputation, fastest time from order to shipment, etc.

Thanks!
-Suo
Pages:
Jump to: