Pages:
Author

Topic: I have something to spare, who do I send it to (2150 BTC)? - page 3. (Read 2062 times)

Activity: 1492
Merit: 763
Life is a taxable event
I'm an atheist. For every 10 BTC you send to me I will hold back from dispelling nonsensical religious arguments for 24 Hours.

1KVu26gEeox75AontirmywHqYEcTVhiLtK
Activity: 318
Merit: 100
Bitcoins for Charity

send them here and let me know which school you want the computers to be donated.

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
That is a large chunk of Bitcoin.
If you are really going to give it away donate to helping children somewhere and help some animals.

I know if I was given any of it I would put some towards my 1 1/2 yr old daughter's college fund.  Then I would pay off some of the medical bills that have been building up from my spinal surgeries.  I am going to find out on Thurs the 29th finally when my next surgery is.  It will be my 3rd surgery on it in 2 yrs.  

I am gad you have that much Bitcoin, congratulations.  That is great they are releasing your coins back to you.

It is not often that the government gets something right.

Enjoy them no matter what you do.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
Hey where did that BTC650 go? I tell you were it didn't go. My wallet! Tongue

See? https://blockchain.info/address/1MXveCYn8zS31r98JkSJHewfgPtVwY4DL9 nothing there! Wink
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
what part of $10,000,000 Obama bill don't u understand

I don't understand 100% of this question.

Edit: @bluefirecorp  No worries Smiley It happens.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
If you're looking for donation ideas, I know a retired, older gentleman in dire need of financial assistance to a recent series of strokes.

You could also make my friggin' year by sending 22 BTC that I lost on a defaulted loan :\

Or...

1)  Invest a few hundred BTC's and start a Groupon-like business for Bitcoin.
2)  Cashout 5-10% and invest in high-yield dividend stocks and retirement funds.
3)  Invest another 100-200 BTCs and buy a rental property or two.  Fix 'em up and lease them out for a nice stream of subsidiary income.
4)  Buy a few intrinsically-valuable pleasure items.  For myself, I would buy either a new car since I spend 3-5 hours per day in one, or maybe a room full of new music equipment.  Identify some ways to spend a little money to significantly improve your quality of life.
5)  Donate to a person/group in need; there are tons to choose from.
6)  Cash out 10-20% to diversify and stay liquid.
7)  Create a nice cold-storage nest egg for yourself.

Option 4 gives you a 10% ROI assuming almost nothing goes wrong and you don't have to fix anything in the building ever.

Option 7 is just straight up retarded. It cost $5 for a VPS. 2x VPSes with rsync running as a cron job. Done. Maybe amazon glacier if he wants to backup his data long term.

Saying option 7 is retarded is a bit like the pot calling the kettle black.  Paper wallets and physical coins exist for a reason, and it isn't a retarded one.

And I think you meant option 3 not option 4 when referring to 10% ROI.

Yes, I did mean option 3. And option 7 is really stupid. You're trusting a cloud provider with a private address that contains over a million dollars. All it takes is one security breach, and bye bye cash.

Sure, you can encrypt it, but if you can memorize a long passkey, you can just create a mind-wallet and store that information in your head. Honestly, you're better off creating a copy of the public / private key and sticking it in a bank vault (paper key), rather than storing stuff online.

Uh, what part of "cold-storage" do you think involves storing BTCs online or trusting a 3rd-party service provider?

Do you have any idea what you responded to?

Oh my god, I read it as cloud-storage. I formally apologize. You're 100% correct there.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250

what is this obama bill, free socialized pizza for the lazy poor?

no, in the tradition of Nixon and other presidents, we will have virtual bills.  but they are just souls with no names.
Activity: 434

what is this obama bill, free socialized pizza for the lazy poor?
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
If you're looking for donation ideas, I know a retired, older gentleman in dire need of financial assistance to a recent series of strokes.

You could also make my friggin' year by sending 22 BTC that I lost on a defaulted loan :\

Or...

2)  Cashout 5-10% and invest in high-yield dividend stocks and retirement funds.
3)  Invest another 100-200 BTCs and buy a rental property or two.  Fix 'em up and lease them out for a nice stream of subsidiary income.
4)  Buy a few intrinsically-valuable pleasure items.  For myself, I would buy either a new car since I spend 3-5 hours per day in one, or maybe a room full of new music equipment.  Identify some ways to spend a little money to significantly improve your quality of life.

Option 4 gives you a 10% ROI assuming almost nothing goes wrong and you don't have to fix anything in the building ever.

Option 7 is just straight up retarded. It cost $5 for a VPS. 2x VPSes with rsync running as a cron job. Done. Maybe amazon glacier if he wants to backup his data long term.

Saying option 7 is retarded is a bit like the pot calling the kettle black.  Paper wallets and physical coins exist for a reason, and it isn't a retarded one.

Yes, I did mean option 3. And option 7 is really stupid. You're trusting a cloud provider with a private address that contains over a million dollars. All it takes is one security breach, and bye bye cash.

Sure, you can encrypt it, but if you can memorize a long passkey, you can just create a mind-wallet and store that information in your head. Honestly, you're better off creating a copy of the public / private key and sticking it in a bank vault (paper key), rather than storing stuff online.

Uh, what part of "cold-storage" do you think involves storing BTCs online or trusting a 3rd-party service provider?

Do you have any idea what you responded to?
Activity: 434
it's funny because the people who try to get something out of the OP know it's most likely bullshit but they give him their wallet address anyways. they're that desperate  Cheesy
I'd sell you a 2x large pizzas. But sadly, you don't have enough, going rate is 10k BTC.  Roll Eyes

so rather than a currency balanced by $20t Zimbabwe notes?  are u crazy
u just gonna eat away a half million $$???   Tongue
legendary
I'd sell you a 2x large pizzas. But sadly, you don't have enough, going rate is 10k BTC.  Roll Eyes
legendary

Or...

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
What about something epic. Like running a bitcoin a TV commercial during the superbowl. Or what about starting a "bitcoin boulevard" in your town. You have enough to make a big splash!

http://bitcoinboulevard.us/

that would be so awesome. it would create a lot of visibility for bitcoin and would be perfect for a bunch of mainstream media puff pieces to get the masses interested. i can see it now....
Address?

it's like #54 on the bitcoinrich list, the one with 2800 in it
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
What about something epic. Like running a bitcoin a TV commercial during the superbowl. Or what about starting a "bitcoin boulevard" in your town. You have enough to make a big splash!

http://bitcoinboulevard.us/

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
i'll help you spread the word of the big man upstairs. but i need a handful of BTC to do it. the Jesus fund starts here, OP -- do it!  Grin   12xcJ6xdRuRJo5imqLv5ruRsdiUK16uZEz
Activity: 457
Any reason why you are so obviously ignoring my sign request?  Roll Eyes

i get it back from the cops tomorrow.  was just wonderning my options.
Pages:
Jump to: