Pages:
Author

Topic: I have to hold on tight - page 2. (Read 918 times)

Activity: 117
Merit: 11
https://peachbitcoin.com/
March 21, 2024, 08:17:58 AM
I just saw the market, it turns out that the bitcoin price has gone up.
and I feel very happy with the increase in the price of btc, and I bought btc at a price of 17000 and I just saw the market now the price of bitcoin is 22000.
but do you think I should sell it, or keep it? because I'm afraid the btc price will drop again to 17000,

but now I decided to hold on tight, because from the start I planned for a long term investment. and it's not certain that I can scrape again from the bottom.

I ask for tips from you, how can I be strong enough to resist, and not be tempted by prices that have already increased?

and your explanation will be very much appreciated, and
hopefully this is useful for all of us, especially for beginners like me...

Look at the bigger picture and think about the time when the BTC price will touch, say $100k. If you fix a selling price very high, this will certainly reduce the temptations. Imagine a person who purchased BTC in 2011 and held it for 13 years, his profit from this investment is huge. Now think you are that person in 2035, you can calculate the profit margin and this will help you calm your nerves.
Activity: 420
Merit: 200
I like to treat everyone as a friend 🔹
March 20, 2024, 10:05:54 PM
and I feel very happy with the increase in the price of btc, and I bought btc at a price of 17000 and I just saw the market now the price of bitcoin is 22000.
but do you think I should sell it, or keep it? because I'm afraid the btc price will drop again to 17000,

but now I decided to hold on tight, because from the start I planned for a long term investment. and it's not certain that I can scrape again from the bottom.

I ask for tips from you, how can I be strong enough to resist, and not be tempted by prices that have already increased?

If you bought bitcoin at the time of $17,000 then I think you are one of the lucky ones. Since you bought at a much lower point in Bitcoin, if you hold on tight then you have a huge profit now if you have that amount of BTC at the moment. Because you can already see how much the price of bitcoin has skyrocketed and how many times it has increased, which is the highest ATH in bitcoin history. You will never be disappointed by buying bitcoins, but you need to plan for the long term and commit to holding on tightly. There is nothing to be disappointed in investing in bitcoin always you think that the bitcoin market will never stay the same, but it will definitely change during the bull season and give investors a lot of profit. To keep your investment long, you have to make a tough decision to throw the amount you can afford to lose in an investment that will give you a good amount of money over time. If the fraction of BTC from the time you invested is from your current time then I think you definitely got more than four times profit, so you hold bitcoin till the bull season with long faith.
Activity: 350
Merit: 218
Cashback 15%
March 20, 2024, 09:19:08 PM
Are you holding your investment yet? If you are still holding then congratulations you are seeing a lot of profit. You hold more, hopefully next year Bullran will start. Many expect the Bitcoin price to be $100-150k higher in a bull market. If you are still holding, you are in more than 3x profit. You just hold.

If you have sold the investment then continue to invest in DCA method again. If you don't want to regret next year's bull run, start investing.
Activity: 3010
Merit: 604
March 20, 2024, 07:44:56 PM
snip...

Don't bother to check the market price and never think that you are investing in Bitcoin because at the moment you see it, especially in this bullish time, temptation certainly arises.

But I ask why you should do this. Because there is no wrong about selling as long as we are in a profit already. Besides, there is no rule that stops us from doing this. Well, yeah, it is our choice to still hold and decline to sell. In fact, some people are doing this as well because they don't want to touch their Bitcoin as it was needed already. It is somewhat reasonable, indeed.
However, not taking some profits even if you see your investment has been successful is still not the best idea for me. For me, there’s no wrong in hodling but let me remind you that even if bitcoin price is bound to rise high, still we are still dealing with an unpredictable market and that anytime bitcoin price will drop its price drastically more than we can imagine. That’s why I still encourage some hodlers to take profits some time, as we are not destined to keep hodling forever, but we are here in the first place to make some profits and gain even more future profits.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 119
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
March 20, 2024, 12:13:34 PM
When you gather all the momentum to continue hodling your BTC during the bull run and there is nothing will make you regret of hodling it long because, if you miss the first bull run, there is a hope that another bull run will surely come that will make you to sell that BTC to make profits that will make you feel comfortable in long hodling.

I know many people have sold their BTC in this bull run that just happened in this month of march but there are still some hodlers who are hodling their BTC because, they believe that the massive bull run will surely happen before the end of this year 2024.
Activity: 812
Merit: 260
March 14, 2024, 10:48:44 AM
I'm touched by the good advice you gave me, friend... I'm sorry I can't reply one by one and honestly, friend, according to my plan, I want to invest long term and I'm still holding BTC firmly.

and I just saw the market that the price of btc has now reached more than $58k and I am very happy with the increase in the price of btc because I bought btc at a price of less than $20k, that is, I bought at $17k even though the btc that I bought was not much but by looking The current BTC price of course I feel happy and want to thank all the members of this forum.

and I feel that there are many benefits from being on this forum. I can learn a lot from forum members who are experts in crypto, especially bitcoin.

I hope that during the bull run, BTC will penetrate more than $100k and I plan to continue holding BTC until the bull run.

Honestly, I thought you would have sold your bitcoins until now but then reading this post of yours make me feel proud of you that you actually stuck to your words.
Good that you are still holding bitcoin and are committed to hold it for a long term. I personally think we are just getting started now.
There is a long way to go because from the bitcoin history we can say that the price of bitcoin starts falling many months after the bitcoin halving.
We are at the overbought territory already, I hope this person have taken some profits off the table? Because what's coming in a few weeks or months will bring back fear into the hearts of many holders.

A realized profit is the real profit, you can never lose if you take some profits, depending on what your plan is, if you are here for the long term you can keep holding but taking some profits will bring you another buying opportunity when a correction takes place.

You don't want to have too much patience too, because if you don't know what you are doing and you keep holding, you can end up in another long-term bear market, many people have held bitcoin in a bull market into the next bear market, they have no idea what they are doing.
Activity: 2800
Merit: 603
March 14, 2024, 08:44:25 AM
snip...

Don't bother to check the market price and never think that you are investing in Bitcoin because at the moment you see it, especially in this bullish time, temptation certainly arises.

But I ask why you should do this. Because there is no wrong about selling as long as we are in a profit already. Besides, there is no rule that stops us from doing this. Well, yeah, it is our choice to still hold and decline to sell. In fact, some people are doing this as well because they don't want to touch their Bitcoin as it was needed already. It is somewhat reasonable, indeed.
Activity: 966
Merit: 573
God is great
March 14, 2024, 07:30:56 AM
Patients is one of the most important asset any long term holder can have cause if you are not well disciplined you would sell off due to any price fluctuations and you won't be able to reap the benefits of your investment.

Patients is just everything in investment,  when their is no room for patience it is possible to lose everything. When the price of bitcoin was low many people had opportunity to invest in bitcoin but some could not hodl bitcoin because of they lack patience,  and now see the price of bitcoin where it has gotten to. Bitcoin is so real but greed of making money so quick have always been the reason why some people have been unable to invest in bitcoin.

Investing in Bitcoin is something that is just too easy, one needs to be very discipline and have a character of been very patient to keep hodling. For some people hodling Bitcoin,  the problem is that they do not even know where they are heading to,  for those that really understand where they are going to they will always buy bitcoin and hodl because they understand where they are going to. It is only understanding that can make one to be able to hodl bitcoin because they really understand what they are doing and can't afford to miss the opportunity in hodling.
Activity: 420
Merit: 216
Rollbit.com
March 13, 2024, 03:28:46 AM
Until now I still hold it with enthusiasm because I see the price of BTC which has gone up high, but yes it is not easy to hold my BTC until now and after seeing and learning a lot from members of this forum I am again enthusiastic about holding BTC for the long term and I want to hold my btc until the Bull run later.
Congratulations are in order for you. You've hedl till this moment, I don't see what will make you not hodl till the end of the rally or at least into middle of it. You got in at a very good level and must've seen more than 3x on your investment. I got in a bit latter than you did and I know I'm hodling till Bitcoin crosses $100k before ever thinking of taking partial profit. Anyone shorting Bitcoin now is setting themselves up for a great loss. Keep hodling.

thank you friends for saying congratulations, of course I was able to hold on tightly until now because of the help of all my friends who have given me good insight into bitcoin and I came to know the bitcoin cycle such as the Bull Run, Bitcoin Halving, bear market and bull market at first. from this forum and a little bit I started to understand and to be honest, I'm still learning now. Yes, it is certain that those who are short of bitcoin will definitely suffer big losses fundamentally because they sad for not having a lot of BTC and buying during a bearish market and I also regret no buying a lot during a bearish market. and I also saw on the market that BTC had penetrated a new ATH and the price of BTC had penetrated $72k, of course this made me even more enthusiastic about holding BTC.

yes I will continue to hold BTC strongly and I believe the right time to sell BTC is when the Bull Run arrives. Thank you friend for the advice.
Activity: 98
Merit: 55
March 10, 2024, 07:58:46 AM
Sure there is a lot of pressure to sell now than any other time and it's not easy to hold on tight as much as you think l, especially those those bought earlier at 25k or 35 k that have already made profits on their portfolio might be thinking of selling now.

It takes a lot of discipline to hold longer especially when you are the only one of your friends doing so.

One way not to be tempted to sell your bag when ever the market is pumping is to stop watching the market totally, simply think about other activities you can engage your self in, and completely remove or take away your mind away from what is happening in the market.

And I really hope you are still holding your bitcoin even to this very moment, for right now, the price of bitcoin have so much increased and if you really bought in at $17,000, then you are one of the luckiest to enjoy really massive profit this season.

Not the easiest practice I bet you, its so tempting especially when you are subscribed to crypto news and you belong to a community as this all you would be hearing daily us about bitcoin and you would be tempted to check, so I I having such a plan would fail sometimes.

It's far better to be disciplined and set a target price you are hoping for and wait to then, besides everyone here or most of us are preparing to sell at at 100k or more, except the diamond hands that would prefer to hold longer or early accumulators like myself.
Activity: 308
Merit: 197
March 08, 2024, 09:15:46 AM
Until now I still hold it with enthusiasm because I see the price of BTC which has gone up high, but yes it is not easy to hold my BTC until now and after seeing and learning a lot from members of this forum I am again enthusiastic about holding BTC for the long term and I want to hold my btc until the Bull run later.[..]
Congratulations to you! Hopefully, your topic serves as a lesson for many new investors to continue holding their Bitcoin for the long term alongside sticking to their investment goals without fear or loss of hope. We have come very close to halving, and Bitcoin is still gaining momentum and widespread adoption as well; as the scarcity and market value of Bitcoin are increasing day by day with the entry of a new class of investors into ETFs, and here we are with Bitcoin with all enthusiasm and belief in huge returns and the bright future and its hides.
The OP is very lucky to have bought BTC at the right time, and if he was able to buy enough then he'll be one of those who made good profits from Hodling, the good thing is that he was able to make good use of the information he got here in the forum, indeed patience they say is virtue and I believe this post would serve as an example to those that might miss this halving, to save up and prepare well against the next halving.
 There are a lot of people with good informations about investing in BTC during the bear market,  but most of them lacked the funds to invest then, but I think the OP had both, it's one thing to have knowledge about an investment and it's another things to be fully prepared with enough funds to go into the investment, also there are still people with both the knowledge and funds to invest in the bear market but their doubts made them to miss out.
 I believe the OP would be very happy he was opportuned to be a member of this forum, cause his motivation to hòdl the btc he bought when it was 17k was due to what he learnt from other members, I believe their are still people out there that got the funds but don't know what to invest on, if they could be introduced into the forum, maybe just maybe they could learn a lot and probably be lucky enough to make profit from BTC just like the OP.
Activity: 278
Merit: 255
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
March 06, 2024, 04:54:39 PM

One way not to be tempted to sell your bag when ever the market is pumping is to stop watching the market totally, simply think about other activities you can engage your self in, and completely remove or take away your mind away from what is happening in the market.

And I really hope you are still holding your bitcoin even to this very moment, for right now, the price of bitcoin have so much increased and if you really bought in at $17,000, then you are one of the luckiest to enjoy really massive profit this season.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1343
March 06, 2024, 04:42:24 PM
Until now I still hold it with enthusiasm because I see the price of BTC which has gone up high, but yes it is not easy to hold my BTC until now and after seeing and learning a lot from members of this forum I am again enthusiastic about holding BTC for the long term and I want to hold my btc until the Bull run later.[..]
I saw your first post on your topic last year, and I'm glad to see your second post now, a year later, especially after Bitcoin reached its previous ATH and the positive results and profits you've achieved. The key to patience, controlling your emotions, and the fact that you invested money you could afford to lose is what made you hold on until now after you invested Bitcoin at $17K.

Congratulations to you! Hopefully, your topic serves as a lesson for many new investors to continue holding their Bitcoin for the long term alongside sticking to their investment goals without fear or loss of hope. We have come very close to halving, and Bitcoin is still gaining momentum and widespread adoption as well; as the scarcity and market value of Bitcoin are increasing day by day with the entry of a new class of investors into ETFs, and here we are with Bitcoin with all enthusiasm and belief in huge returns and the bright future and its hides.
Activity: 140
Merit: 92
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
March 06, 2024, 02:07:51 PM

It has been said severally that anyone considering Bitcoin investment should see it in a long term perspective of about  5 to 10 year or even more, it gives you that opportunity of having compounded value of your investment over time, Bitcoin has a long term goal and selling too soon might look like you are gambling with your investment because you might want to buy back which you may end buying higher than your selling point,  however don't be carried away by its volatility but works towards achieving yourgoals and objectives.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1208
Once a man, twice a child!
March 02, 2024, 02:19:31 PM
Until now I still hold it with enthusiasm because I see the price of BTC which has gone up high, but yes it is not easy to hold my BTC until now and after seeing and learning a lot from members of this forum I am again enthusiastic about holding BTC for the long term and I want to hold my btc until the Bull run later.
Congratulations are in order for you. You've hedl till this moment, I don't see what will make you not hodl till the end of the rally or at least into middle of it. You got in at a very good level and must've seen more than 3x on your investment. I got in a bit latter than you did and I know I'm hodling till Bitcoin crosses $100k before ever thinking of taking partial profit. Anyone shorting Bitcoin now is setting themselves up for a great loss. Keep hodling.
Activity: 686
Merit: 403
March 02, 2024, 05:34:49 AM
There is a problem op, reading your post makes me believe that you don't have an exit strategy in place, and you will have a difficult time to realise your gains in the future, if btc reach a new all time high it will be difficult for you to sell and take profits, because you don't know what's right for you.

Everyone want to make money in this space but many aren't ready, they don't know what's best for them, a 2x or a 5x, so if btc keeps soaring very high they will believe that there is always room for more growth until the price start dumping again.

Do not be greedy, have a profit taking strategy now before its too late, maybe when btc reach 70k you should take your first profit in percentage, ten or twenty, and if btc goes another leg up to 85k you will sell 50% etc, be smart or get stuck by your own greed.
Activity: 334
Merit: 27
March 02, 2024, 04:15:44 AM

Here are some tips that may be helpful for your investment period:

• Set realistic goals and parameters;
  • Have a designated fund for your investments;
  • Be mindful about the market situation; and
  • Avoid being too greedy by HODLing for long.

Now, you must first set realistic goals and parameters. This means that you should know when to cash out your investment especially that the bull run is about to happen. Sure, we may have goals that we want to maximize our profits but this can be dangerous especially if we wait for too long as this can miss the opportunity longer.

Having a separate fund and wallet for your investments can be beneficial as this can track most of your investments. If you have a fund specifically for your investments, then you may be able to track them better compared if you lump them all in a single wallet.

At the end of the day, you should have a threshold on how much you are both willing to earn/lose at the same time. Just avoid being too greedy and cash out your investments as soon as if accumulates profit. Good luck, OP!
I strongly agree with you, bitcoins is unpredictable so it is better to have a sell and buy back plan , you can actually sell a particular percentage if you think you may loose out . This will help you to positive so that if the bull run continues, you have more gain and if it dumps, then you can buy back.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 713
Nothing lasts forever
March 02, 2024, 03:44:27 AM
I'm touched by the good advice you gave me, friend... I'm sorry I can't reply one by one and honestly, friend, according to my plan, I want to invest long term and I'm still holding BTC firmly.

and I just saw the market that the price of btc has now reached more than $58k and I am very happy with the increase in the price of btc because I bought btc at a price of less than $20k, that is, I bought at $17k even though the btc that I bought was not much but by looking The current BTC price of course I feel happy and want to thank all the members of this forum.

and I feel that there are many benefits from being on this forum. I can learn a lot from forum members who are experts in crypto, especially bitcoin.

I hope that during the bull run, BTC will penetrate more than $100k and I plan to continue holding BTC until the bull run.

Honestly, I thought you would have sold your bitcoins until now but then reading this post of yours make me feel proud of you that you actually stuck to your words.
Good that you are still holding bitcoin and are committed to hold it for a long term. I personally think we are just getting started now.
There is a long way to go because from the bitcoin history we can say that the price of bitcoin starts falling many months after the bitcoin halving.
Activity: 2212
Merit: 786
March 01, 2024, 07:59:22 PM

Here are some tips that may be helpful for your investment period:

• Set realistic goals and parameters;
  • Have a designated fund for your investments;
  • Be mindful about the market situation; and
  • Avoid being too greedy by HODLing for long.

Now, you must first set realistic goals and parameters. This means that you should know when to cash out your investment especially that the bull run is about to happen. Sure, we may have goals that we want to maximize our profits but this can be dangerous especially if we wait for too long as this can miss the opportunity longer.

Having a separate fund and wallet for your investments can be beneficial as this can track most of your investments. If you have a fund specifically for your investments, then you may be able to track them better compared if you lump them all in a single wallet.

At the end of the day, you should have a threshold on how much you are both willing to earn/lose at the same time. Just avoid being too greedy and cash out your investments as soon as if accumulates profit. Good luck, OP!
Activity: 854
Merit: 262
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
March 01, 2024, 07:43:12 PM
Just as the title of your post stipulates, you still have to hod up in order to achieve your desired success. Remove every negative thoughts that the market value will depreciate again, nevertheless, its a global market but positivity must put in place in order to achieve greater results. Just chill, sip cold drink and expect a huge return. I'm a beginner too
In anything we are doing we need to hold for us to make profit and that does not mean that we need to continue holding even when the price of if Bitcoin is falling and it's obvious that price is going to fall. It is important we do what is right and put money on investment that is going to give us money so we can benefit from the market. We normally use money to get money, this is the only way we could make money from the market without stress.
Pages:
Jump to: