Pages:
Author

Topic: I just got "account claim rejected" from Mt Gox - anyone else? - page 2. (Read 2788 times)

Activity: 809
Merit: 501
Always verify deals with me through my public key!
Yep, I see how this works....delay the re-entry so that people can't get their shit out fast. Even more determined to leave now.

Yet, it can be called security; Always leave some doubt as to what is going on.
Hey, those guys have a HUGE incentive to get up and running to make honest money. They do not want to live in fear forever, right?

All of a sudden, you're telling me Mt.Gox define what good security is?

They have a huge incentive to make it as awkward as possible for people to make an exchange run so they have some hope of still being standing after it all.
Activity: 304
Merit: 250
Do your part for Bitcoin!
Um I met both >$100 and >100 Bitcoin conditions and I got my account claim verified.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
My claim was accepted. I have > $100.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
Yep, I see how this works....delay the re-entry so that people can't get their shit out fast. Even more determined to leave now.

Yet, it can be called security; Always leave some doubt as to what is going on.
Hey, those guys have a HUGE incentive to get up and running to make honest money. They do not want to live in fear forever, right?
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
Well yea it would have been > than $100 cash but whats that at todays rates? 5 BTC's? Hardly a fortune..

What annoys me a little is so much time has been wasted. Its only now they have asked me for more than just my email address and old password, after rejecting my claim...they could have asked me for or given me opportunity to provide more info with the initial claim rather than send me this request for further proof > 24 hours later...
Activity: 809
Merit: 501
Always verify deals with me through my public key!
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1004
me the same. i think its because of the fact my balance is not 0 BTC / 0 USD$.

The higher the Balance is, the higher is the Problem when some kids with the MtGox-Account-Excel claiming my account. So im fine with it and i give more information.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
Sorry, let me guess your balance was > $100* in either cash or BTC?

*I'm not sure I got the number right, but one of these threads has an IRC snippet, and they are doing "extra security" (delays) for accounts over $100(?) USD and/or BTC  value.
I'm sure you will update here, I will too if I see that thread.

EDIT:

let me guess, your account has a decent sized balance.  Sad

Let me guess you typed faster than me, d.james. Do you have the link to the thread with more info re: balances? (the IRC quote)
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Firstbits: 12pqwk
let me guess, your account has a decent sized balance.  Sad
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
Pages:
Jump to: