Pages:
Author

Topic: I just SOLD my girlfriends car to buy more ETH at sale price :) - page 10. (Read 35479 times)

Activity: 1680
Merit: 278
You were just bets your reputations to your girlfriend family that if you're successfully to achieve your target then probably you can buy more than 1 car for your girlfriend but i fear this is hard to do so and the current market even cannot support your target because the price seems decrease again
In this situation, for a guy you can only predict a new girlfriend in a certain future, because in the near future he will be a bachelor. In fact, the current state of the cryptocurrency market will not give him a chance to return at least the wheels for her current friend from her car.

well.. if you and all the rest of same kind (pesimistics) are so sure about cryptomarket failing.. why the hell are you still visiting this forum? i think that blockchain is MANDATORY for a better world. transparency is a MUST! sooner or later, people will start to stop fearing crypto and will buy again. I still think buying ETH at theses prices is a bargain in the longterm!!!!
I hope this isn't one of those bait topics where they try to lure in naive investors into creating a bull run .Anyway I don't think people should be selling their cars or homes to invest  in crypto.

bait topic? in this thread you can find the pictures of the car, i can also show the buy-sell contract, and the details of transfers for the ammount of ETH purchased. i bought around 225$ per ETH, so still loosing Sad
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
You were just bets your reputations to your girlfriend family that if you're successfully to achieve your target then probably you can buy more than 1 car for your girlfriend but i fear this is hard to do so and the current market even cannot support your target because the price seems decrease again
In this situation, for a guy you can only predict a new girlfriend in a certain future, because in the near future he will be a bachelor. In fact, the current state of the cryptocurrency market will not give him a chance to return at least the wheels for her current friend from her car.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000
Activity: 751
Merit: 251
I hope this isn't one of those bait topics where they try to lure in naive investors into creating a bull run .Anyway I don't think people should be selling their cars or homes to invest  in crypto.

You would be surprised how many people took credits for example under a mortgage of your home. It all depends in what time they did it. Some, have been left with unpaid credit, and some have just bought a second house in a tropical place. Let's hope that the OP will buy Lambo in two years.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 112
There is at least some advantage of having girlfriend, you can sell some thing. As you didn't have any other option, so you took this extreme move. Anyway, it may prove to be the right move, as i believe ETH would pump again sooner or later.
Activity: 630
Merit: 11
NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter
Activity: 686
Merit: 108
When you sell a property and buy cryptocurrency for this money, you have to be very sure that it will work.
but actually investing in cryptocurrency is a big risk. we also know that today many people experience huge losses in cryptocurrency and will not know when they will be able to return
The time that OP made this topic the price of ETH is around $200-$400, and now its a loss for him. This is very risky, and if I were your girlfriend I will not let you to do that since its my property and its not yours. You cannot invest what you don’t have, don’t be too greedy even the price are cheap, you have to do what is right.
Activity: 840
Merit: 254
Women who are good and understanding are rarely found, I will not comment on your investment, but what I recommend is to keep hodl that woman and marry her Grin
LOL, that could not be more true, I am not so sure about the decisions of ChiNgadOr and if he is going to be profitable in the short and long term by taking such risks but such girlfriend is definitely a hodl since it is difficult to find someone that could agree with such a plan and that will back you up in such a way.

Edit. Congratulations for your baby.
Activity: 868
Merit: 259
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
ChiNgad0r iS iN Da House!

Well.. to all that blame me for selling the car..
I am 100% aware about what i was doing.. i have NO hurry, i can wait indefinitely, and i could also assume a total lost.
the question is.. do you believe in crypto? I DO!!!
I compare this with the scenario 20 years ago, when i had a 28kb modem.. then came 56kb modem.. then RDSI.. ..adsl WOW.. and finally optic fiber..  sumarizing.. a LONG and promising future ahead...  I wont never advice anyone to do the same i did, but i promise for my life to come back in 2025 and read this post again.. and lets see what happened then.
I SOLD my ETH  time ago to buy few promising ALTCOINS.. and i will let you know soon about which one i choosed..
by the way, i sold the car because we didnt need it at all. My girlfriend is also happy with the decision and she trusts me, and also assumes the risks.. by the way, she is pregnant i will have a baby born in march (hopefully, crossing fingers!). I tried to choose a crypto name for him, but my girl didnt allowed me  ahhahaha

everlasting glory to crypto!!!!

Please make the public profile in Crypto compare, when you will be ready for it, of course Smiley
I think you already have a several fans here Smiley

Sadly my profile on cryptocompare wont be usefull because i have all my assets mixed in my portfolio .  BUt i will write some posts about the coins i bought with the money of car sold.. and i will point why i found these coins so promising.. as this is the most important :  the "WHY" these coins, and not other!
Bit pity about cryptocompare, but ok, understand. I'll watch for your topic.
And you will buy Lambo instead your girlfriend's car, it's my prediction Smiley
Maybe not Lambo, but Ferrari or Bugatti  Wink
I imagined my boyfriend doing the same and my palms immediately got sweaty.
What the hell is wrong with you?

why should be something wrong? i am not a mercenary.. i am a believer! i strongly think blockchain will help society a lot.. there will be a big jump! many industries will change, and this will lead to a more transparent world! this is the future and i wont miss the train. you probably are one of them that claimed that buying bitcoin 10 years ago was a mistake.... but the mistake was NOT buying it!
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
I imagined my boyfriend doing the same and my palms immediately got sweaty.
What the hell is wrong with you?
That was a risky move. Reckless at best. I am sure you'll at least double your money in a few years if not months but it is still risky to invest everything in one single bet.

What if they find a bug on the eth network and you lose everything? The probability is small but it is still there.

I wish you diversified your money into different alts instead of going all in with eth.

You are right on this... i diversified my ETH buying another altcoins..anyway all of them are ERC-20 tokens, so in last instance, depend on Ethereum blockchain.. if it fails, then i will loose all.. crossing fingers form now on!
I think that today nobody will make such a mistake, as some users of cryptocurrency made at the end of 2017, when they sold cars and other valuables in order to buy Bitcoin.

honestly i sitll think that price nowadays are bargain prices! if you are patient and diversify, good profits are not so impossible to reach. Obviviously someone that bought on ATH last dec2017/jan2018 really made a mistake.. but if i had a property or whatever i could sell.. you can bet i would do it right now!
Activity: 1498
Merit: 537
When you sell a property and buy cryptocurrency for this money, you have to be very sure that it will work.
but actually investing in cryptocurrency is a big risk. we also know that today many people experience huge losses in cryptocurrency and will not know when they will be able to return
Activity: 672
Merit: 144
That was a risky move. Reckless at best. I am sure you'll at least double your money in a few years if not months but it is still risky to invest everything in one single bet.

What if they find a bug on the eth network and you lose everything? The probability is small but it is still there.

I wish you diversified your money into different alts instead of going all in with eth.

You are right on this... i diversified my ETH buying another altcoins..anyway all of them are ERC-20 tokens, so in last instance, depend on Ethereum blockchain.. if it fails, then i will loose all.. crossing fingers form now on!
I think that today nobody will make such a mistake, as some users of cryptocurrency made at the end of 2017, when they sold cars and other valuables in order to buy Bitcoin.

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
Good luck OP!

It is certainly a gamble, but everything in crypto is a gamble. This sort of risk is not for everyone, but it does show a lot of faith in crypto. I think you will be proven right. So long as you have coins from strong projects, in the future we will come to see the current prices as an absolute bargain.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2420

- In 2017 there were $6.3 billion raised in ICOs
- Over 95% used ETH as their main fundraising token
- Lock-up periods ranged from 6 months to 2 years > unlocking now > billions dumped now
- Companies have to sell their ETH to use their funds (my salary alone costs 25 ETH a month)
- Updates keep getting delayed, not impressed with devs

Hope she has a calm temper.

Lol, I love this comment, I really hope she does.
I can just envision her throwing his "Best Boyfriend" mug at him, lol.
But truth be told, unlocked tokens shouldn't impact ETH price that much, only the token's price.
The biggest ICO-s already dumped their ethers, same with the Ethereum foundation.
He might just make it, but that doesn't make him less of a moron.

You could also express yourself withouth being unrespectful,.. so for the next time, i ask you to try to behave like a person, because the forum is a community of people. IF it is too difficult for you, then just do us a favour and dont write anything
Activity: 476
Merit: 10
I hope that in the near future you will be able to buy your girlfriend a car much more expensive. I believe that the price of this coin will go up.
Pages:
Jump to: