Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost 2/3 of my initial investment - page 2. (Read 528 times)

Activity: 2828
Merit: 357
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
February 27, 2018, 06:24:42 AM
Hey,

Long story short, I started with $3000 almost 4 months ago and now I'm down to $960.

I lost $200-$300 while learning, the rest was from cryptocurrencies crashing, and of course my mistakes.

Two days ago I wanted to ride the Nano train and bought in with all of my $1400 literally at its peak, followed by a colossal drop.

Then, I went all in on Vechain because of the upcoming rebranding, plus I originally purchased it when it was sub $3, but never kept it. Needless to say, it went down by 12%.

So currently I have $960 and I am feeling down that I am losing this battle and won't be able to stay a part of the history we are making.

I haven't bought into ETH, LTC, BTC because with my $1000 I would be getting nothing in return, even if they grew crazy. Any recommendations would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I myself have lost around $1K already to a coin that I initially though will increase overtime. Sadly though it goes down and deeper so the best thing to do for me is to hold and hope that its true potential can be unlock in the next couple of months or even year. So I decided that I will be a long term holder of it until such time that I will sell it to get my initial investments or even just a fraction of a profit.

That's why its been said that we need to invest what we can afford in this market. Because its so volatile that you can literally lose everything in a instant.
Activity: 2422
Merit: 357
February 27, 2018, 06:23:07 AM
4 months ago is the crypto currency mania. Most of the cryptos are in its peak and if you buy for example a bitcoin on that time , the price was so high and holders was expected to have lost today. The sad part is that, you lost big while learning. I saw a lot of wrong timings in your part. I also saw that you do not have that enough patience to wait and decide what and where to invest. Dont rush things. Earnings dont come in short time.
Activity: 658
Merit: 108
February 27, 2018, 06:19:12 AM
Hey,

Long story short, I started with $3000 almost 4 months ago and now I'm down to $960.

I lost $200-$300 while learning, the rest was from cryptocurrencies crashing, and of course my mistakes.

Two days ago I wanted to ride the Nano train and bought in with all of my $1400 literally at its peak, followed by a colossal drop.

Then, I went all in on Vechain because of the upcoming rebranding, plus I originally purchased it when it was sub $3, but never kept it. Needless to say, it went down by 12%.

So currently I have $960 and I am feeling down that I am losing this battle and won't be able to stay a part of the history we are making.

I haven't bought into ETH, LTC, BTC because with my $1000 I would be getting nothing in return, even if they grew crazy. Any recommendations would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sorry to hear it. Losses are just a part of the game, but it is always annoying when losses come before first gains. You simply chose the wrong time to enter the market. Hold on your coins, study a lot about cryptocurrencies, find your field of expertise. Meanwhile, you can join bounties or airdrops that could help you recover your initial capital.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 253
February 27, 2018, 06:17:49 AM
Well mistakes are inevitable at some point in our lives, but it will definitely make us learn our lesson and it gives us experience. Investing in our market is risky, so better study the flow in our market and analyze patiently. Pretty sure you'll definitely recover all your loses, just stay calm and be patient.
Activity: 126
Merit: 4
February 27, 2018, 06:11:04 AM
Sorry for what happened, it was a really expensive tuition fee at your part. the best thing to do is re evaluate your strategy and focus on studying investment techniques. Never gamble or chase pumps but instead but the dip and make sure you only invest in projects you truly believe in. Less trades less mistakes
Activity: 210
Merit: 11
February 27, 2018, 06:10:48 AM
same story, different people
I'm sorry for you, but I'm afraid it's all happening to us.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
February 27, 2018, 06:10:41 AM
In business, losses are a frequent occurrence. I think you should accept them and analyze the strengths, find out the cause of such losses. Failure is the mother of success, I think you will learn from experience in later investment, you carefully analyze carefully, do not fail this time. Wish you success more.
Activity: 252
Merit: 4
February 27, 2018, 06:10:27 AM
Keep calm and, if you can, hold..... all crytpo have gone deeply dowm but if there will be a good growth, all of them will pass their maximum levels...
Activity: 248
Merit: 100
https://exclusiveplatform.com/
February 27, 2018, 06:02:21 AM
Hey,

For me the way you want to learn is too much agresive because you choose to trade a much higher amount than I do which is so much risky. And I know how much pain you feel and so sorry for that, but don't you ever loose hope. Just hold what you got now because the market won't keep falling all the time. And soon everything will be fine.
And, before you buy a coin, make sure to read all upcoming news, reviews etc., because it plays a big role on prices.
Activity: 305
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
February 27, 2018, 06:00:50 AM
Sad to hear about your loses. And in days of declining markets it hits us all. But in general it seems you are jumping from one coin to the other coin. With this the exchanges makes money but not necessarily you. You should start to do your own research. If you look at the charts of most coins, Bitcoin was always outperforming. Just get some bitcoins and hodl them.
Yes its sad to hear, its good to be carwful always and make your own research, and get bitcoins its better to hold and wait.
Activity: 196
Merit: 103
February 27, 2018, 05:50:14 AM
4 months ago? Those months are the day where all of the cryptos are on ATH (All Time High). If you are just starting trading crypto and you are on that months. it is very bad start for a newbie to start trading. My advice is to continue and dont quit. We are about to go bullish this march and now is the best time to buy good cryptos. If i were you i will start again by another 3000$ and i will choose good crypto only. there is no doubt that bitcoin will recover from its loss this 2nd to 3rd quarter of the year 2018.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
February 27, 2018, 05:46:24 AM
Hey,

It's a big loss, do not make it as regret.
If you invest, and do not want to lose then you should not sell it.
You can wait until the price is back in place, one of the risks you take is too daring. You just have to wait for the next few months, unless you are a day trader.
I do not have any coin recommendation for you but I just advise you not to invest in one coin only.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Looking for gigs
February 27, 2018, 05:44:30 AM
I think we can all relate to that, and I am sorry for your losses. However, I applaud you for being a risk taker like me, and it is all about learning from the losses that we have. Even me, of course, I have lost more than half of my investments by just holding all of them too much rather than diversifying my options.

We have no other choice but to hold on to it, and start participating in some airdrops and bounties to receive tokens that can be dumped to recover what you have lost in cryptocurrency trading.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
February 27, 2018, 05:42:06 AM
After reading your story its totally your mistake,$3000 is a good amount and you should invest it in multiple coins like,BTC,ETH,NEO,ADA,XPR.Remember never trust on a single coin except BTC,ETH.Now you have lost 2/3 of your capital,now you are advised to hold your remaining capital till the market comes out of price correction phase and the price will increase and in this way you may gain some % return on your lost investment.Now do cry over your folly,be optimistic and have complete information before investing into something,blind trust is very destructive.You can recover this loss by participating in different bounty campings.
Activity: 322
February 27, 2018, 05:40:34 AM
Hey,

That is very sad. But don't give up, I would recommend you to do bounties. You invest in your time and get rewarded for your work, with 960$ I would invest in long term and just forget about them by investing in 5 years. Everyone went through, like you (may be not with such a big amount of money)! Bad result is also an result, just take out your mistakes and this is great experience for you! The best experience is when you lose money, you understand much more, than if you earned. Go through your mistakes and forget about the money! Hope you don't give up and get back everything you lost and than in your own time, make a profit! Think about bounties work
Activity: 168
HEALTHCARE BEYOND BARRIERS
February 27, 2018, 05:38:15 AM
Hey,

Hi kosuo9909, you get more lessons and good for you.
I really like your spirit of courage that you went through a lot of hard time and you spend time on research like Vechain rebranding and so on.
Please don't quit, and whatever altcoins you are holding now just keep it in your wallet because you will then soon get and earn what you deserve.
Relax and take some coffee and cookies. Wait for the market to fully recover and you'll get that what you had lost.
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit
February 27, 2018, 05:37:45 AM
Feel sorry for you but if you start 3 months ago then you should've followed the december bull run. You also have to learn that going all in on one investment is very risky and you already experienced it as you go all in into nano and the result is very bad, also don't ever try to chase something that already up a lot.
Activity: 37
Merit: 1
February 27, 2018, 05:34:19 AM
Choose a good ico project and you will get back all money in one time.
Activity: 79
Merit: 0
February 27, 2018, 05:33:32 AM
Sorry to hear, but like the rest is saying - keep your head up and take this as a lesson learned. My advice would be to invest in coins/tokens which are legit + have some upcoming events so it is most likely to at least increase in value. For example, right now NEO is hot because of the Ontology airdrop.
Activity: 462
February 27, 2018, 05:31:20 AM
From this lost you can learn more about risk management and continue learn about new strategy. And now i think just take relax and just wait for up trend. The market has chance to going up in a few month because any time for downtrend and could be any time for bullish trend.
Pages:
Jump to: