Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost 2/3 of my initial investment - page 3. (Read 528 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011
February 27, 2018, 05:30:18 AM
Count this as a lesson.

You must manage your money in proper way and never to jump over a coin with 50% of your investment.
And never invest money you cant afford to loose, because then instead of looking for good opportunities, you will whining in forums all day long for your loses.
Activity: 104
Merit: 0
February 27, 2018, 05:28:57 AM
Seems you just need to do a better research and be a bit more cold-blooded to the corrections. Also try to split up your portfolio with more and less risky coins.
Activity: 350
Merit: 101
Your professional profile on the blockchain
February 27, 2018, 05:23:35 AM
As it were said many times: don't put all eggs in one basket. Diversify your portfolio min to 10-15 parts.
Now you have nothing to do but wait until price will grow up again.
Activity: 12
February 27, 2018, 05:23:14 AM
Sorry for you losses, but cryptomarket is so creazy and unpredictable that no loss is permanent: so, don't be discouraged!
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content
February 27, 2018, 05:21:06 AM
Hey,

Long story short, I started with $3000 almost 4 months ago and now I'm down to $960.

I lost $200-$300 while learning, the rest was from cryptocurrencies crashing, and of course my mistakes.

Two days ago I wanted to ride the Nano train and bought in with all of my $1400 literally at its peak, followed by a colossal drop.

Then, I went all in on Vechain because of the upcoming rebranding, plus I originally purchased it when it was sub $3, but never kept it. Needless to say, it went down by 12%.

So currently I have $960 and I am feeling down that I am losing this battle and won't be able to stay a part of the history we are making.

I haven't bought into ETH, LTC, BTC because with my $1000 I would be getting nothing in return, even if they grew crazy. Any recommendations would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Im sorry for your loss,the first thing you need to know is how the market works so you can easily adjust when the market is crashing,there are too much manipulations today that i why almost all everyday we have pumps and dumps in the market,learn some basic technical analysis so could easily know when is the perfect time to get in and out in every trades,though your losses is recoverable you need to be sure that you wont repeat the same mistake.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
February 27, 2018, 05:16:26 AM
Unfortunately I am in a situation similar to you with the only difference that I keep the strongly cheapened altcoyins and wait for the recovery of the market. We learn from our mistakes, and now I understand that the best solution would be to invest all money in bitcoin.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
February 27, 2018, 05:16:18 AM
Weekday trader. Unfortunately, trading is not an easy way to make money as it seems to many beginners. I hope your experience will be useful and will save someone from unnecessary loss of money
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054
February 27, 2018, 05:15:10 AM

If you still have to tokens then you didn't lose something for its only a matter of time til you get the profit you have been after but if you have tried dumping your tokens just to get into a pumped coin that also dropped after you got in then I guess you lose the chance. The next time you wait til the dip of the token before getting into it.
Activity: 224
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
February 27, 2018, 05:10:09 AM
You will pay the tuition fee when the cryptocurrency market, because of encryption in the money market is merciless, you only buy tokens at the right time, then there may be a good income, if you are in the wrong time to buy, then you will lose money.
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
February 27, 2018, 05:07:42 AM
It will be a good lesson for you, of course it is sad to lose such money, but now you will be more vigilant and buy coins only during the correction, and also carefully choose coins for investment, we are all wrong, so do not worry
Activity: 214
February 27, 2018, 05:06:27 AM
You mentioned you haven't bought BTC, ETH or LTC as you don't see them providing sufficient returns, but if you'd invested your original money of $3000 4 months ago in one of them & just done nothing but hold your coins you'd now have the following returns:

BTC: $5,482
ETH: $9,045
LTC: $12,155

Here's some basic tips I have for you:

1. Don't trade emotionally - Any trade you make should be well thought out & based on strong conviction & fundamentals. Freaking out & selling coins because the price has dipped or FOMOing in and buying coins just because they are pumping will always end in heartbreak.

2. Buy low, sell high - Sounds simple right? But from the information you've provided us you've basically been doing the exact opposite. Invest in coins that you believe have a strong team & a positive future, but buy them when the price has dipped. Avoid buying a coin during or after a massive pump & just learn to be patient & wait for the price to retrace.

3. Don't base your investment decision purely on coin price - A lot of inexperienced investors think something like ripple will given them a massive return on investment over something like Bitcoin purely because XRP is currently less tha $1 while BTC is over $10,700. They have this misconception that it would be a lot easier for XRP to go up $1 than it would for BTC to go over $20k & give them the same return. It just doesn't work like that. You MUST consider the overall supply of a coin before trying to decide if it is over or under valued.

4. Don't invest in shitcoins - Stick to those in the top 20 market cap, or those coins that have good team & project behind them.

5. Don't over trade - As my example above showed, if you'd have just bought & held rather than traded then you'd be looking a big profits now rather than big losses. Unless you are a skilled & experienced trader then I'd avoid trading entirely. Just buy coins you believe in long term, put them on a hardware wallet & leave them there Wink

Activity: 1246
Merit: 306
C U
February 27, 2018, 04:50:30 AM
I'm sorry to hear that, keep calm and try to signup for some bounties and make some investments on dips, keep hodling your assets and buy from dips, On next september you will thank me Wink
Activity: 504
Merit: 252
February 27, 2018, 04:48:08 AM
Hey,

Long story short, I started with $3000 almost 4 months ago and now I'm down to $960.

I lost $200-$300 while learning, the rest was from cryptocurrencies crashing, and of course my mistakes.

Two days ago I wanted to ride the Nano train and bought in with all of my $1400 literally at its peak, followed by a colossal drop.

Then, I went all in on Vechain because of the upcoming rebranding, plus I originally purchased it when it was sub $3, but never kept it. Needless to say, it went down by 12%.

So currently I have $960 and I am feeling down that I am losing this battle and won't be able to stay a part of the history we are making.

I haven't bought into ETH, LTC, BTC because with my $1000 I would be getting nothing in return, even if they grew crazy. Any recommendations would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

It is always sad reading this kind of experience. But it is not just you who went through the bitter taste of learning through experience. I have gone through this myself. I think you need to invest in the major name such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Stratis, Waves, Monero, NEO, and so on. You may also invest in new coins but make sure to always monitor their prices. If you gained already, try selling all of them or leave your profit and invest your capital somewhere else. And do not sell if your loss is already huge. Please HODL.
Activity: 266
✹✹ Fluxorin.io ✹✹
February 27, 2018, 04:47:11 AM
The only way for you now to get out, but to zero, is to invest in a very promising project at the stage of pre-sale, and wait for the price to rise both as a token and bitcoin. I can not imagine other ideas how to solve your problem.
Activity: 238
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
February 27, 2018, 04:47:05 AM
It's a sad story, not only that you didn't make money in the whole bull market, but you also lost money, but don't worry, all you have to do is hold it for a long time,that you will make money in the next bull market.
Activity: 39
Merit: 2
February 27, 2018, 04:45:20 AM
Leave the coins in your wallet and then stop trading. Look at the major coins like ETH and others and buy at dip. Keep the cash for now. If you can afford later, double down the amount on major coins and buy only at dip or after major crash. This way you can possible make back your money.
Activity: 38
February 27, 2018, 04:44:53 AM
You shouldn't have the Shiny Object Syndrome...

Research then split your capital into a few coins that you think those will have bright future and just wait.

BTC is crashing, alts are not going anywhere.
Activity: 602
Merit: 104
February 27, 2018, 04:44:25 AM
I also lost some of my deposit, but we have gained experience, and it's also expensive. You need to move on and not repeat mistakes
Activity: 330
Merit: 102
February 27, 2018, 04:43:12 AM
Hey,

why you are in a hurry to take action, indeed all the decisions in your hands. you should be able to hold on to the long term. with long-term, I think you will become a billionaire. hopefully, it does not happen again. good luck in the future with bitcoin investment.
Activity: 475
Merit: 251
VTOS
February 27, 2018, 04:40:43 AM
It sometimes happen to even most experienced traders. You should stop thinking about your losses. Regrets will bring nothing to you. You already learned when not to buy and when not to sell, you can learn where to buy and sell too Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: