Pages:
Author

Topic: I love to travel. What hotels do you like to stay in ? Share your preferences - page 2. (Read 852 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I would prefer to stay in a cheap hotels than a luxury hotel. You only sleep at night there and in the morning you go around to see the places that you like. I just need a place where i can take a bath and sleep though. Thecheaper the better 😂😂😂

Cool! That's the way to go in general.

And what if you travel with a nice girlfriend you wanna stay with?  -  In this case your advice is not legit :-)
Activity: 180
I would prefer to stay in a cheap hotels than a luxury hotel. You only sleep at night there and in the morning you go around to see the places that you like. I just need a place where i can take a bath and sleep though. Thecheaper the better 😂😂😂
Activity: 230
I like it in Vista Hotel in Cubao EDSA... much cheaper and very safe
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I usually look at the rating on TripAdvisor, because in each city it could be different best one... I would prefer to stay at Four seasons every time, but it's too expensive  Grin Grin Grin 
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Depends, if i'm traveling with the family, I tend to use nicer hotels or chains being that usually the experience is the same from city to city.  If I'm traveling alone, I'll get adventurous and book a little mom & pop place.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 834
I like staying in Airbnb rooms rather than hotels. I like the idea of making friends with my host instead of feeling isolated in a hotel room, plus it is usually much cheaper. In my recent trip to Costa Rica, I scored a room for $9/night compared to the $40-50~ hotel rooms in the same area.

Yes, I get you, But I'm afraid you didn't get the point right in the very beginning of this topic.

I said I love travelling around a country to make friends and to learn from locals.
AND - to stay and get really 'relaxed' in a proper ***** [five-star] hotel.

Which are they (Hotels)  - and in which country?

I mean people sit and toil for a whole year or half a year - to do what?? To save another buck? Come on - it's rather weird to save money the whole year and to get crappy service in the end run.  Unless you mean to be mean to your Lady and  your kids - I don't get ya, sorrz!

:-(

To be fair, I get the appeal of spending less on accommodation. If money is a serious constraint, you can get a cheaper place and use the money on high-end food instead, which I would prefer over a high-end hotel if I had to choose between one of the two. In reality, I wouldn't really leave without being able to afford both though, since I don't like spending money if it's a significant amount of my total savings.
I like staying in Airbnb rooms rather than hotels. I like the idea of making friends with my host instead of feeling isolated in a hotel room, plus it is usually much cheaper. In my recent trip to Costa Rica, I scored a room for $9/night compared to the $40-50~ hotel rooms in the same area.

Yes, I get you, But I'm afraid you didn't get the point right in the very beginning of this topic.

I said I love travelling around a country to make friends and to learn from locals.
AND - to stay and get really 'relaxed' in a proper ***** [five-star] hotel.

Which are they (Hotels)  - and in which country?

I mean people sit and toil for a whole year or half a year - to do what?? To save another buck? Come on - it's rather weird to save money the whole year and to get crappy service in the end run.  Unless you mean to be mean to your Lady and  your kids - I don't get ya, sorrz!

:-(

Activity: 259
Merit: 250
For me, quality of hotel is everything.. Because it can change my mood to be better..

I did better explore hotel facility than exploring city.. Lol

This is cool! Can you please recommend great and awesome hotels in your runabouts?

Please share your knowledge to the crowd.
I don't like hotels in general. Prefer a good short-term rental to enjoy the city. You also cut costs which is great but I think you get some better spirit of the city. Further, i like to do my stuff such prepare my dinner and so on so it's a win win game.

My last experience was in a tree house in Sacramento (Uruguai). Amazing stuff. You don't get this kind of experience within hotels.

Wow, it's amazing to live in a tree house. How did you find it then? And was it possible to trade bitcoins or whatever else to do with them Internets from that tree house?

I am generally not against supporting rooms rental. Arnb is a cool project, but sorry, not for me and many other peeps here.
for me the main thing that there was a bed and a shower. The rest I can endure. I can even sleep in my clothes, the main thing is to sleep.

OK if it's you alone who can endure even bad smell from you.

BUT what about your lady and kids?  How will you organize your family vacation, eh?Huh  :-)
Activity: 207
Merit: 100
for me the main thing that there was a bed and a shower. The rest I can endure. I can even sleep in my clothes, the main thing is to sleep.
Activity: 90
Merit: 13
I don't like hotels in general. Prefer a good short-term rental to enjoy the city. You also cut costs which is great but I think you get some better spirit of the city. Further, i like to do my stuff such prepare my dinner and so on so it's a win win game.

My last experience was in a tree house in Sacramento (Uruguai). Amazing stuff. You don't get this kind of experience within hotels.
Activity: 55
For me, quality of hotel is everything.. Because it can change my mood to be better..

I did better explore hotel facility than exploring city.. Lol
BTCMILLIONAIRE, yes, that's an excellent approach!  I do the same but preferring to have a breakfast and maybe (if skipping breakfast) lunch at 'home' - and to dine out in various places at evenings or nights.

Last time I rolled all down from Colombo, Sri-Lanka to beaches in the South of the island, them after enough of surfing and 'looking at whales' we went  up to their mountains there and stayed for a few days in Trincomalee (after civil war Northern part of Tamil Sri-Lanka). And me and my Wife were tired after that run around - and stayed back in the capital city Colombo for 5 days, And we stayed there in 5 star Cinnamon Hotel, in Colombo. That was awesome to leave our 'backpackers+' traveling style and stay in a really nice place.
Did the whales pump any coins? Tongue

I love hiking in the mountains when I happen to be near some. Wish I had more time for that. There's also an island in Japan that I want to visit, with naturally glowing mushrooms that look quite surreal, and dolphins that you can swim around with.

And breakfast isn't really possible for me, I can't get up in the morning no matter what. So I usually don't book the rooms with breakfast included because I know that I will only go once or twice at most. Fortunately the scrambled eggs at breakfast buffets suck, they lack caramelized onions and cubed bacon, so I don't feel like I'm missing out on too much there.
BTCMILLIONAIRE, yes, that's an excellent approach!  I do the same but preferring to have a breakfast and maybe (if skipping breakfast) lunch at 'home' - and to dine out in various places at evenings or nights.

Last time I rolled all down from Colombo, Sri-Lanka to beaches in the South of the island, them after enough of surfing and 'looking at whales' we went  up to their mountains there and stayed for a few days in Trincomalee (after civil war Northern part of Tamil Sri-Lanka). And me and my Wife were tired after that run around - and stayed back in the capital city Colombo for 5 days, And we stayed there in 5 star Cinnamon Hotel, in Colombo. That was awesome to leave our 'backpackers+' traveling style and stay in a really nice place.
Enjoy staying in Extended Stay type suites like you Stay over Suites,
Marriott Residence Inn, and Extended Stay America
Mostly because I'll buy groceries and these have kitchens
so I can keep my diet routine

this is an interesting opinion. I usually like to stay in such because they have quite abundant buffets and I don't need to think about cooking or whatever - at least closer to the end of my journeys.  And it's reasonable if you stick to your diet for sure.
For me this depends on how much money I want to spend at the hotel and on where I am. In some places I prefer to eat at different restaurants every day, to try as many foods as possible. But sometimes I'm too lazy and just want to eat when I get 'home' or before I leave.

this is an interesting opinion. I usually like to stay in such because they have quite abundant buffets and I don't need to think about cooking or whatever - at least closer to the end of my journeys.  And it's reasonable if you stick to your diet for sure.
Activity: 55
I actually spoke enough Japanese for that to not be a problem. But most of the other exchange students complained that it was difficult to make native Japanese friends, which I found funny. Because the Japanese kept approaching me themselves. Ended up hanging out with a lot of them on an almost daily basis, so that was quite a lot of fun.

I had huge problems in France though. They speak way too fast and my French was shit back then. Even worse now.

It's cool you're fluent in Japanese. I am ok with German, complete zero in Japanese, and  French I know only a few basic phrases, but when talking to French guys, they asked me where did I learn to talk French, most likely were flattering.

The same story when you go to a country their language I don't know. And not too eager to catch. For example in South-East Asia. I'm in Bangkok and it's a few hours ride to Cambodia or Vietman or Burma. In a few hours I can grab their hello-thanks-buy. But the people I really need usually ok with English.
Ah yeah, when I was in Thailand and China it was impossible for me to communicate when they didn't speak English, which they often didn't in China. Quite the adventure...

I wish I had enough time to learn more languages, but there are too many other interesting things to do. And soon we'll all have a Babbelfish anyways. Roll Eyes

Yeah!  BabbelFish is the great device to develop and to try ICO to attract money for its development. And we will need to require it like 42 for a piece, because the right answer is 42! :-)
It's only a matter of time until someone does this! Grin
Pages:
Jump to: