Pages:
Author

Topic: I might have missed the boat on Bitcoin, but what about Ethereum? - page 2. (Read 2392 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
I hear you guys.   I just bough 4 1/2  bitcoins right now.   

Bitcoin is a good source for us to increase our money in a few years.
why do you say you lost the boat? bitcoin is so cheap, it can reach $7k at the end of the year, you could double your money in matter of months, and if you keep holding your money will be huge, bitcoin is the future bro.
better to invest now than regret in a few years.
for those that cannot afford $3600 to buy a bitcoin, then buy less bitcoin.
remember my words.

7K??? are you damn sure?? i would more than double my money in months lol.   
Activity: 535
Merit: 500
Bitcoin is a good source for us to increase our money in a few years.
why do you say you lost the boat? bitcoin is so cheap, it can reach $7k at the end of the year, you could double your money in matter of months, and if you keep holding your money will be huge, bitcoin is the future bro.
better to invest now than regret in a few years.
for those that cannot afford $3600 to buy a bitcoin, then buy less bitcoin.
remember my words.
Activity: 784
Ethereum the next alternative to investing. Many traders are taking advantage of ETH market conditions that are cheap enough to make alot purchases. Because they believe ETH will soar as it has in bitcoin.
Activity: 658
Merit: 255
You have not missed the bitcoin boat yet, I think bitcoin will see a correction in the next days/months. Wait for this correction and buy bitcoin.
Activity: 28
Bitcoin is cheap right now. Except the price to double before 2020. So except if doubling your money passively is not enough, simply do it and that's all!
Activity: 700
Merit: 136
Bitcoin mania has not even started yet. Once SEC approves bitcoin ETF, there will be huge money flow in it.
It is a must-have buy and hold.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
I really think it is still not too late to buy Ethereum and Bitcoin most especially if you want to trade them in long term. Which is what I am doing, I think I would profit more if I just HODL my coins and get back with them a few years after.

Agree both Ethereum and Bitcoin is a strong coin that is a good investment for long term so buying right now is not something investors to be afraid of even if the price is high as of the moment.
Activity: 868
Merit: 506
I really think it is still not too late to buy Ethereum and Bitcoin most especially if you want to trade them in long term. Which is what I am doing, I think I would profit more if I just HODL my coins and get back with them a few years after.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Regardless of who I talk to about Bitcoin, if he's a novice, the discussion inevitably gets to this:

"I missed the boat on Bitcoin"

It's almost as if no one actually understands the purpose of this cryptocurrency, they just see it as a quick rich scheme that they've found about too late.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 535
Bitcoin is currently $3300+......I can still buy a few.....to use it as a some sort 401K plan then since I have to think Long Term with it.  I see that Ethereum was endorsed by President Putin and seeing this video is making think to invest more in Bitcoin.  Buy a few Bitcoins like 3...then buy like 10 Ethereum coins for an added push.  Will Ethereum be as valuable as Bitcoin??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLFdVdNFqM8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me-r74CQV3Q

I am using Coinbase to buy my bitcoins.  Well I did in the past.  I had like 30 Bitcoins when it was $200.  Kicking myself bigtime.

Why do you only focus on the old projects. They are more or less priced If btc raises to 10k usd, or eth raises to 1000 usd in mid term you will gain x3. But there are many new and developing projectss with good teams that you can earn more than x3.
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
I see guys.  I am going to invest roughly $10,000 into the Bitcoins.  That will give me roughly 3 bitcoins.  Seems Ethereum is more risky judging by the comments on this thread and people have mixed signals on it.

Hopefully by the end of the year I would have double to $20,000 since people are saying that Bitcoins would most likely be worth $5,000 each.

Hopefully you doubled it. Look, this is a very risky and unwise investment plan. Do the math, you make 100% gain if all goes like it did based on the past, where there are a few very good coins out there with much more potential, like 2x, 3x, 5x.

IMO, buy a Bitcoin and choose 3 other coins to invest in. I'm not going to tell you what coins, but do some investigation. And spread your money. Not fudding or anything, but like on the stockmarket, all is very risky and spread the investment over several stocks.

Choose wisely and good luck  Smiley
Activity: 1050
Merit: 295
Ethereum's boat is a tad bit shaky - and probably just too leaky at the moment. You should look into other alternatives like WAVES, STRATIS, and NEO
Activity: 5
I see guys.  I am going to invest roughly $10,000 into the Bitcoins.  That will give me roughly 3 bitcoins.  Seems Ethereum is more risky judging by the comments on this thread and people have mixed signals on it.

Hopefully by the end of the year I would have double to $20,000 since people are saying that Bitcoins would most likely be worth $5,000 each.
U2
Activity: 676
Merit: 503
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure...
ETH does not need to be as valuable as bitcoin. It is an investment. All it need to do is to be more valuable than when you bought it. If you bought it early, chances are, you will be profitable in 2 or 3 years. Maybe not as much as bitcoin can give you but it is still profitable. And in investment, diversity is good. So investing in a few other more coins is healthy.

Diversity is a great idea, but I'm not going to be investing in a business that generates numbers out of thin air indefinitely. That's the definition of a Ponzi. An ever inflating Ponzi that everyone is hyped up about buying but has no idea why it should actually be worth $300 each.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
ETH does not need to be as valuable as bitcoin. It is an investment. All it need to do is to be more valuable than when you bought it. If you bought it early, chances are, you will be profitable in 2 or 3 years. Maybe not as much as bitcoin can give you but it is still profitable. And in investment, diversity is good. So investing in a few other more coins is healthy.
U2
Activity: 676
Merit: 503
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure...
Eth costs half as much as bitcoins (go by the market cap, not the actually price of a single unit.). They're a hyped up Ponzi that has infinite supply, and many other alts do the exact same thing. They aren't worth what they cost today and these prices won't go up exponentially anymore. Don't be a bagholder, don't hold any ETH. If anything goes wrong the dev will hard fork in a hot second.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1026
★Nitrogensports.eu★
There is no harm taking a small punt on a number of coins: Ether, Bitcoincash, Doge, Monero, Dash.

Do your research and try not to pay too much. Have a set point where you start to cash out profits. Pretty soon you'll have made yourself some more bitcoin.

I think all these coins are OK. But bitcoin cash could also be a good back if the Segwit version of the bitcoin fails.

Most holders of Bitcoin already hold equal amounts of bitcoin cash. Not all bitcoin cash has been dumped at exchanges. You have a natural hedge there - if scaling issues pull down Bitcoin, bitcoin cash will rise.
Activity: 952
Bitcoin is currently $3300+......I can still buy a few.....to use it as a some sort 401K plan then since I have to think Long Term with it.  I see that Ethereum was endorsed by President Putin and seeing this video is making think to invest more in Bitcoin.  Buy a few Bitcoins like 3...then buy like 10 Ethereum coins for an added push.  Will Ethereum be as valuable as Bitcoin??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLFdVdNFqM8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me-r74CQV3Q

I am using Coinbase to buy my bitcoins.  Well I did in the past.  I had like 30 Bitcoins when it was $200.  Kicking myself bigtime.
It would be better for you if you buy bitcoin itself.Ethereum is just a pumped altcoin and it may be dumped at any time.But bitcoin has great future and after hard fork,it has continuously increased and it is expected to increase more.So better buy bitcoins.
Activity: 64
There is no harm taking a small punt on a number of coins: Ether, Bitcoincash, Doge, Monero, Dash.

Do your research and try not to pay too much. Have a set point where you start to cash out profits. Pretty soon you'll have made yourself some more bitcoin.

I think all these coins are OK. But bitcoin cash could also be a good back if the Segwit version of the bitcoin fails.
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 5269
There is no "missing the boat" for digital Gold 2.0, the future of money. It doesn't matter what the exchange rate currently is.

Why do people keep saying this? Is it because of the expectation of vast returns?

Look, in the U.S. the current nominal inflation rate is somewhere in the neighborhood of 6-8%/year, and quietly rising. At any time it could explode northward.

So all your entry point into Bitcoin has to do, should you decide to hold it as a long term store of value, is to beat that inflation rate year over year.

That's all.

Do you think it will appreciate by at least that much? Fk yeah it will. It will likely double at least every 4 years, if not sooner.

Pages:
Jump to: