Pages:
Author

Topic: I need Help finding or recovering bitcoins off an old hard drive - page 6. (Read 2379 times)

Activity: 1430
Merit: 513
What is team viewer?? This sounds intriguing 🤔
If you find a private key that way, the person with remote access will instantly see your private key on his screen. Be very careful who you trust!
I would like to add that LoyceV would be a great option to help you out. Loyce if you get a piece of the pie shoot me a crumb Tongue
Im not remoting with "anyone" i have trust issues.

I second that and say it again BE CAREFULL! maybe consult here about who your trusting with said task first.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
If you find a private key that way, the person with remote access will instantly see your private key on his screen. Be very careful who you trust!
Why dont you get someone on here thats trusted to help you out via team viewer offer them a %.
I imagine if you bought it in its infancy you have a pretty good amount.
I only suggest this because you mentioned you where not very proficient and sometimes this stuff can be complicated on windows.
Be careful who you pick to help on this.

BTW I didn’t say not proficient!! I totally don’t know anything about python, thought I can manage to install/run the program on my own, when/ if I find the coins then I certainly would give someone a sizable thank you gift/ token of appreciation for the actual recovery to use in a new wallet.

""I am very primitive when it comes to computers do not know coding, Python or any other PC language just a simple Windows operator!""

I dont know how I was supposed to interpret that and my apologies,
Team viewer is a remote access gui based tool that agreed upon parties can gain access to your system while you watch them work/configure/fix.
It looks a lot like a ghost is using your computer when its in use.

Activity: 77
Merit: 11
Why dont you get someone on here thats trusted to help you out via team viewer offer them a %.
I only suggest this because you mentioned you where not very proficient and sometimes this stuff can be complicated on windows.

BTW I didn’t say not proficient!! I totally don’t know anything about python, thought I can manage to install/run the program on my own, when/ if I find the coins then I certainly would give someone a sizable thank you gift/ token of appreciation for the actual recovery to use in a new wallet.

Activity: 87
Merit: 5
so i've been stuck at this for a week now!!

creating build\temp.win-amd64-2.7\Release
    C:\Users\Hoss\AppData\Local\Programs\Common\Microsoft\Visual C++ for Python\9.0\VC\Bin\amd64\cl.exe /c /nologo /Ox /MD /W3 /GS- /DNDEBUG -Ic:\python27\include -Ic:\python27\PC /Tcsha256.c /Fobuild\temp.win-amd64-2.7\Release\sha256.obj
    sha256.c
    sha256.c(255) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdint.h': No such file or directory
    error: command 'C:\\Users\\Hoss\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Common\\Microsoft\\Visual C++ for Python\\9.0\\VC\\Bin\\amd64\\cl.exe' failed with exit status 2
    ----------------------------------------
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: 'c:\python27\python.exe' -u -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'c:\\users\\hoss\\appdata\\local\\temp\\pip-install-fib0vz\\sha256\\setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'c:\\users\\hoss\\appdata\\local\\temp\\pip-install-fib0vz\\sha256\\setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' install --record 'c:\users\hoss\appdata\local\temp\pip-record-5cremh\install-record.txt' --single-version-externally-managed --compile Check the logs for full command output.

trying to install sha256 but don't know how!
don't know what else i should download/ do!!
help please???
Thank you all.

The failure seems to be on Visual C++, I would recommend a clean install, maybe create a VM or USB boot stick and start over. Its really simple to install above libs.

so i've been stuck at this for a week now!!

C:\Users\Hoss>pip install pywallet
DEPRECATION: Python 2.7 will reach the end of its life on January 1st, 2020. Please upgrade your Python as Python 2.7 won't be maintained after that date. A future version of pip will drop support for Python 2.7. More details about Python 2 support in pip, can be found at https://pip.pypa.io/en/latest/development/release-process/#python-2-support
Collecting pywallet
Requirement already satisfied: six>=1.8.0 in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from pywallet) (1.12.0)
Requirement already satisfied: pycryptodome>=3.6.6 in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from pywallet) (3.8.2)
Collecting two1>=3.10.8 (from pywallet)
Requirement already satisfied: base58>=0.2.2 in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from pywallet) (0.2.2)
Requirement already satisfied: ecdsa>=0.11 in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from pywallet) (0.13.2)
Requirement already satisfied: pexpect in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (4.7.0)
Requirement already satisfied: pyyaml in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (5.1.1)
Requirement already satisfied: flake8 in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (3.7.Cool
Requirement already satisfied: jsonrpcserver==3.1.1 in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (3.1.1)
Collecting sha256 (from two1>=3.10.8->pywallet)
  Using cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/04/98/e2d70dc0af14a35ee62c5f6146120f8735e43e1de5daf633c61a2cdd8e67/sha256-0.1.tar.gz
Requirement already satisfied: pyaes in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (1.6.1)
Requirement already satisfied: arrow in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (0.14.4)
Requirement already satisfied: requests<=2.11.1 in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (2.11.1)
Requirement already satisfied: pytest in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (4.6.4)
Requirement already satisfied: mnemonic==0.13 in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (0.13)
Requirement already satisfied: path.py in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (11.5.2)
Collecting tabulate (from two1>=3.10.8->pywallet)
Requirement already satisfied: docker-py==1.8.0 in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (1.8.0)
Requirement already satisfied: click==6.6 in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (6.6)
Requirement already satisfied: jsonrpcclient==2.0.1 in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (2.0.1)
Requirement already satisfied: protobuf==3.0.0a3 in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (3.0.0a3)
Requirement already satisfied: ptyprocess>=0.5 in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from pexpect->two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (0.6.0)
Requirement already satisfied: entrypoints<0.4.0,>=0.3.0 in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from flake8->two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (0.3)
Requirement already satisfied: configparser; python_version < "3.2" in c:\users\hoss\appdata\roaming\python\python27\site-packages (from flake8->two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (3.7.4)
Requirement already satisfied: pycodestyle<2.6.0,>=2.5.0 in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from flake8->two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (2.5.0)
Requirement already satisfied: functools32; python_version < "3.2" in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from flake8->two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (3.2.3.post2)
Requirement already satisfied: typing; python_version < "3.5" in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from flake8->two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (3.7.4)
Requirement already satisfied: enum34; python_version < "3.4" in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from flake8->two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (1.1.6)
Requirement already satisfied: pyflakes<2.2.0,>=2.1.0 in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from flake8->two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (2.1.1)
Requirement already satisfied: mccabe<0.7.0,>=0.6.0 in c:\users\hoss\appdata\roaming\python\python27\site-packages (from flake8->two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (0.6.1)
Requirement already satisfied: funcsigs in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from jsonrpcserver==3.1.1->two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (1.0.2)
Requirement already satisfied: jsonschema in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from jsonrpcserver==3.1.1->two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (3.0.1)
Requirement already satisfied: backports.functools-lru-cache>=1.2.1; python_version == "2.7" in c:\users\hoss\appdata\roaming\python\python27\site-packages (from arrow->two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (1.5)
Requirement already satisfied: python-dateutil in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from arrow->two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (2.8.0)
Requirement already satisfied: packaging in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from pytest->two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (19.1)
Requirement already satisfied: importlib-metadata>=0.12 in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from pytest->two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (0.19)
Requirement already satisfied: pluggy<1.0,>=0.12 in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from pytest->two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (0.12.0)
Requirement already satisfied: attrs>=17.4.0 in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from pytest->two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (19.1.0)
Requirement already satisfied: pathlib2>=2.2.0; python_version < "3.6" in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from pytest->two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (2.3.4)
Requirement already satisfied: py>=1.5.0 in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from pytest->two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (1.8.0)
Requirement already satisfied: atomicwrites>=1.0 in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from pytest->two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (1.3.0)
Requirement already satisfied: wcwidth in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from pytest->two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (0.1.7)
Requirement already satisfied: colorama; sys_platform == "win32" in c:\users\hoss\appdata\roaming\python\python27\site-packages (from pytest->two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (0.4.1)
Requirement already satisfied: more-itertools<6.0.0,>=4.0.0; python_version <= "2.7" in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from pytest->two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (5.0.0)
Requirement already satisfied: pbkdf2 in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from mnemonic==0.13->two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (1.3)
Requirement already satisfied: py2-ipaddress>=3.4.1; python_version < "3" in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from docker-py==1.8.0->two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (3.4.1)
Requirement already satisfied: websocket-client>=0.32.0 in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from docker-py==1.8.0->two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (0.56.0)
Requirement already satisfied: future in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from jsonrpcclient==2.0.1->two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (0.17.1)
Requirement already satisfied: setuptools in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from protobuf==3.0.0a3->two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (40.6.2)
Requirement already satisfied: pyrsistent>=0.14.0 in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from jsonschema->jsonrpcserver==3.1.1->two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (0.15.4)
Requirement already satisfied: pyparsing>=2.0.2 in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from packaging->pytest->two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (2.4.1.1)
Requirement already satisfied: zipp>=0.5 in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from importlib-metadata>=0.12->pytest->two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (0.5.2)
Requirement already satisfied: contextlib2; python_version < "3" in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from importlib-metadata>=0.12->pytest->two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (0.5.5)
Requirement already satisfied: scandir; python_version < "3.5" in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from pathlib2>=2.2.0; python_version < "3.6"->pytest->two1>=3.10.8->pywallet) (1.10.0)
Building wheels for collected packages: sha256
  Building wheel for sha256 (setup.py) ... error
  ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
   command: 'c:\python27\python.exe' -u -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'c:\\users\\hoss\\appdata\\local\\temp\\pip-install-fib0vz\\sha256\\setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'c:\\users\\hoss\\appdata\\local\\temp\\pip-install-fib0vz\\sha256\\setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' bdist_wheel -d 'c:\users\hoss\appdata\local\temp\pip-wheel-4nvfv1' --python-tag cp27
       cwd: c:\users\hoss\appdata\local\temp\pip-install-fib0vz\sha256\
  Complete output (11 lines):
  running bdist_wheel
  running build
  running build_ext
  building 'sha256' extension
  creating build
  creating build\temp.win-amd64-2.7
  C:\Users\Hoss\AppData\Local\Programs\Common\Microsoft\Visual C++ for Python\9.0\VC\Bin\amd64\cl.exe /c /nologo /Ox /MD /W3 /GS- /DNDEBUG -Ic:\python27\include -Ic:\python27\PC /Tcsha256.c /Fobuild\temp.win-amd64-2.7\Release\sha256.obj
  sha256.c
  sha256.c(255) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdint.h': No such file or directory
  error: command 'C:\\Users\\Hoss\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Common\\Microsoft\\Visual C++ for Python\\9.0\\VC\\Bin\\amd64\\cl.exe' failed with exit status 2
  ERROR: Failed building wheel for sha256
  Running setup.py clean for sha256
Failed to build sha256
Installing collected packages: sha256, tabulate, two1, pywallet
  Running setup.py install for sha256 ... error
    ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
     command: 'c:\python27\python.exe' -u -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'c:\\users\\hoss\\appdata\\local\\temp\\pip-install-fib0vz\\sha256\\setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'c:\\users\\hoss\\appdata\\local\\temp\\pip-install-fib0vz\\sha256\\setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' install --record 'c:\users\hoss\appdata\local\temp\pip-record-5cremh\install-record.txt' --single-version-externally-managed --compile
         cwd: c:\users\hoss\appdata\local\temp\pip-install-fib0vz\sha256\
    Complete output (11 lines):
    running install
    running build
    running build_ext
    building 'sha256' extension
    creating build
    creating build\temp.win-amd64-2.7
    sha256.c
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: 'c:\python27\python.exe' -u -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'c:\\users\\hoss\\appdata\\local\\temp\\pip-install-fib0vz\\sha256\\setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'c:\\users\\hoss\\appdata\\local\\temp\\pip-install-fib0vz\\sha256\\setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' install --record 'c:\users\hoss\appdata\local\temp\pip-record-5cremh\install-record.txt' --single-version-externally-managed --compile Check the logs for full command output.

trying to install sha256 but don't know how!
don't know what else i should download/ do!!
help please???
Thank you all.
You should boot the computer from.a.USB drive and then run a tool called pywallet, it will go through your drive on sector level and find possible wallet files, encrypted keys or unencrypted keys, even if the files afe deleted.

You just need to install python and required libs.

pywallet could be find on github and its open source.

/KX

@OP,
If you decide to go through this suggestion, please beware about the risks here if you download it from an unofficial source

Please use GitHub only for this -

https://github.com/pywallet/PyWallet?files=1

Bitcoin wallet importer/exporter by jackjack-jj

pywallet-win-files (probably Windows related files as they're in .bat format by jackjack-jj

Hope this helps you get back your BTC.
oh, thank you,
are these the files that may help with all the problems I'm having??
I get this error when I drag and drop the Jackjack file into python!

But where did you get the file from ?
The .js extension means it is a javascript file. But pywallet is a python (.py file).
u r right, sorry I didn't know that I'm supposed to start it from cmd!! that's how little I know about any of this.

Reading the first few lines of the code it refers to python 2.2 I have 2.7, is this wrong? did I download the wrong one?

No, python 2.7 is correct.

I thought jackjack bypass the wallet file and get to the keys, am I wrong?

Yes, you can give pywallet a drive to search for possible private keys.

Last question does Jackjack look into windows backup/ restore files as well??

It looks wherever you want it to look at. Usually you just give it a whole drive / partition as  parameter with the --recover and --recov_device parameter
I will have to learn how to set parameters and target drives too when I get it running.

Can you verify that you have downloaded pywallet.py from https://github.com/jackjack-jj/pywallet/blob/master/pywallet.py ?
yes it's downloaded, I didn't know that pip is the magic word for everything python!!
I met with someone Tuesday that helped me download ecdsa, and pycrypto however ran out of time at the bsddb3 ( Error: cannot find a version that satisfy the request) I tried as well with no luck however finally managed to install bsddb (without the 3)

now up against another long error has to do with sha256!  fatal error cannot open include file: stdint.h no such file or directory!!

our forum friend Avast12 suggests I enable windows optional feature online windows subsystem Linux however I can't do that either!!! Cry Cry
every time I feel so close I find out I'm so far!!
using windows makes us too spoiled/ dependent on the machine click= result.
a whole new found appreciation and respect to programmers and developers.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

But where did you get the file from ?
The .js extension means it is a javascript file. But pywallet is a python (.py file).

Reading the first few lines of the code it refers to python 2.2 I have 2.7, is this wrong? did I download the wrong one?

No, python 2.7 is correct.

Yes, you can give pywallet a drive to search for possible private keys.

It looks wherever you want it to look at. Usually you just give it a whole drive / partition as  parameter with the --recover and --recov_device parameter

Can you verify that you have downloaded pywallet.py from https://github.com/jackjack-jj/pywallet/blob/master/pywallet.py ?
Where does the javascript file jackjack.js come from ?
And how do you call it ? Via double-click or command line ?

I hope you two get it fixed.

But do not share any sensitive information with anyone! Avast12 changed his password last week.
Doesn't have to mean something.. but better be safe than sorry.

If I copy and paste the script into python it takes a few seconds filling in all the lines then disappear/ close on its own!
Avast12 insists on finding wallet.dat via recovery software, which I’ve been trying for a few month now on and off so that’s a no go!!
legendary
Where does the javascript file jackjack.js come from ?
And how do you call it ? Via double-click or command line ?

I hope you two get it fixed.

But do not share any sensitive information with anyone! Avast12 changed his password last week.
Doesn't have to mean something.. but better be safe than sorry.
so I'm down to only one error msg!
syntaxerror: invalid syntax
>>>C:\users\PCname\desktop\jackjack.js
file "" line 1
hope to resolve this one last obstacle soon!!

BTW: A fellow from the community here offered to help me step by step, hope he can solve it with me.
Thanks in advance Avast12.
Were you able to do the following without any errors ?

Windows:
 1. Install Python 2.7
 2. Install Twisted 11.0.0 for Py2.7, then Zope.Interface (a .egg file) for Py2.7: http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/Downloads

According to the 'syntax error', it seems python twisted is not installed yet ?

Could you outline what exactly you have installed already ?
ooook, so the pip wasn't even installed so twisted was downloaded but not quit installed!
now I downloaded and ran pip
downloaded and ran twisted
in the process of downloading Microsoft Visual C++ Compiler for Python 2.7.
I think I'm almost there,  Grin
wish me luck.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
is it real to recover your btc  it from 2009\2010?  Undecided
If it is possible? Yes. Read the entire thread.
Depending on how much you have used your hard drive since you lost access to your bitcoins you might extract the needed information using the suggestions provided here.

But open a new thread and explain exactly what happened.
legendary
Were you able to do the following without any errors ?

Windows:
 1. Install Python 2.7
 2. Install Twisted 11.0.0 for Py2.7, then Zope.Interface (a .egg file) for Py2.7: http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/Downloads

According to the 'syntax error', it seems python twisted is not installed yet ?

Could you outline what exactly you have installed already ?
Activity: 61
Merit: 0
is it real to recover your btc  it from 2009\2010?  Undecided
Unfortunately not even close, Still trying to learn Python/ coding basics to be able to run the jack jack wallet code,
as I mentioned I'm not a tech guy at all!!

What os are you planning to use for the recovery, i can write out a step by step as I've done this recently for a client in New York.

/KX
I'm using windows, but guess just to verify the presence of the wallet I will have to use python to run the Jack Jack wallet script. then the recovery will be a whole different process.
Did you read the instructions on github ?

It says what dependencies you need to install and the options you can start the script with.

You don't really need to code anything, just install the necessary files and start the script with the correct parameters.
that's my problem my friend!!
I don't know what pip, dependencies, parameters, ......... are, or how they work, or even what they mean!!!
so slowly but surly downloading what I can, but someone told me I will have to rewrite the script to match where I downloaded the programs ( the path has to match) so I will have to redo (uninstall/ reinstall) all what I did so far or go through the script to reidentify the path where I have Python, twisted....

so far I'm at:
unexpected indent, there are packages available in the repositories of:file, line1
and syntaxerror: invalid syntax Debian and Ubuntu as python-twisted for python2
again have no clue what that means but still trying.
Activity: 374
Merit: 53
Telegram @keychainX
Unfortunately not even close, Still trying to learn Python/ coding basics to be able to run the jack jack wallet code,
as I mentioned I'm not a tech guy at all!!

What os are you planning to use for the recovery, i can write out a step by step as I've done this recently for a client in New York.

/KX
Pages:
Jump to: