Pages:
Author

Topic: I own BTC and part of me doesn't want it to reach $10,000 because - page 3. (Read 4411 times)

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087
I have already bought the plate OO03 BTC

Its going to go on the car that I will buy for 3BTC!

Likely not a lambo, probably a more restrained 911 or similar Smiley

And if that day never comes, well it was a fun idea at the time

anyway the point is that'll be a lot more than 2.5% of my networth, but then I am not planning on quitting my job.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!
I guess too many ppl have 100 coins and wait for 10,000 so they call themselves millionaires.

If you guys reach 1M, think of this: that kind of money is JUST ENOUGH for a great life for you and your loved ones. I can go into details but I'm not sure anyone will listen.

Yes it's enough to live a great life, but I still want to own a ferrari or a lambo. What now?

If you want to scale up your life and own a Ferrari or a Lambo then you will need multiple millions unless you only want to own a Ferrari or Lambo and be broke.
I'm not an american but i will try out the calculation of scaling your life to a luxury like that. I'm using scaling since all costs surrounding a car like that are also very expensive.

Let's say you buy a normal car now you will buy one for the average of 30k and will last you 10 years if you drive it till it's end.
Let's say you have an average joe year salary of $50k

You will have earned $500000 in those 10 years and you have a 30k car.
Now you want a $250k Lambo for 5 years (these cars don't last as long as average cars).

You will need $5M to be able to afford a car like that. This translates in $4.5M in bitcoin and you still need to remain working.

I would not buy a car like that if I owned $10M I would hire one for a week or so.

not really, depending on circumstances (i.e. single, no commitments), you can own a second hand one comfortably if you're worth "as little as" $1-2m. all you really need to own a ferrari/lambo is $250k that you don't need for a while. Real cost of owning it is ~$25k year for depreciation, insurance, maintenance etc. there is also the opportunity cost of that $250k, but overall it's not as difficult to own as you make it seem.

It's unlikely I'd buy a $250k car with "only" $10M net worth. That's 2.5% of all you own just for the purchase alone.

it depends on your priorities and how badly you want the car. think in average joe terms, does his car cost 2.5% of his net worth? yeah, it probably costs a lot more than that.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
I guess too many ppl have 100 coins and wait for 10,000 so they call themselves millionaires.

If you guys reach 1M, think of this: that kind of money is JUST ENOUGH for a great life for you and your loved ones. I can go into details but I'm not sure anyone will listen.

Yes it's enough to live a great life, but I still want to own a ferrari or a lambo. What now?

If you want to scale up your life and own a Ferrari or a Lambo then you will need multiple millions unless you only want to own a Ferrari or Lambo and be broke.
I'm not an american but i will try out the calculation of scaling your life to a luxury like that. I'm using scaling since all costs surrounding a car like that are also very expensive.

Let's say you buy a normal car now you will buy one for the average of 30k and will last you 10 years if you drive it till it's end.

Now you want a $250k Lambo for 5 years (these cars don't last as long as average cars).

You will need $5M to be able to afford a car like that. This translates in $4.5M in bitcoin and you still need to remain working.

I would not buy a car like that if I owned $10M I would hire one for a week or so.

not really, depending on circumstances (i.e. single, no commitments), you can own a second hand one comfortably if you're worth "as little as" $1-2m. all you really need to own a ferrari/lambo is $250k that you don't need for a while. Real cost of owning it is ~$25k year for depreciation, insurance, maintenance etc. there is also the opportunity cost of that $250k, but overall it's not as difficult to own as you make it seem.

It's unlikely I'd buy a $250k car with "only" $10M net worth. That's 2.5% of all you own just for the purchase alone.
Activity: 378
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

Activity: 392
Bitcoin will survive
At those prices many publicly known whales will get robbed/kidnapped etc.

Never let people know your BTC net worth.
I like your this tip its happen in many countries and no body can do any thing its a big business for many
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
I think of it like this: once Im a bitcoin millionaire, I'll have enough money so that I can feel comfortable quitting my day job. Once I've done that then I'll have the time/freedom/energy to be able to do independent contracting, start my own company, do more/better day tarding, and make brilliant inventions, which will truly make rich. Bitcoin was only the tool to release myself from bondage but it is not everything.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
dafar consulting

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner

if you find your self not wanting to leave home cuz your having paranoid delusions of poeple looking to kidnapped you for your bitcoins, you probably should be a seller!  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

Activity: 1092
Life is short, practice empathy in your life

legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
and I will miss rpietila's calculations and posts  Cry

rpietila is confident in a $1 MM price per coin. He should still be calculating and posting at $10k Smiley

Smoking $1000 cigars and telling us that we should sell and place buy orders at $5000. Wink

I think it will be easier for some of us to speculate when our holdings are more valuable.  We will be perfectly fine keeping some in Fiat if the price never does "crash" again.  Right now I don't feel we have that luxury.

this is wise

you have to feel very comfortable with your position and be ready to accept the fact that it might not play out how you thought. if you feel you cannot afford to miss out on gains from bitcoin moving higher, you should not be a seller....
legendary
Activity: 1148
and I will miss rpietila's calculations and posts  Cry

rpietila is confident in a $1 MM price per coin. He should still be calculating and posting at $10k Smiley

Smoking $1000 cigars and telling us that we should sell and place buy orders at $5000. Wink

I think it will be easier for some of us to speculate when our holdings are more valuable.  We will be perfectly fine keeping some in Fiat if the price never does "crash" again.  Right now I don't feel we have that luxury.
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
I own BTC and part of me doesn't want it to reach $10,000 because

1) It will feel like I beat the game "Life"
2) No more going on the forums to speculate
3) No more threads speculating what the price will be

Cry

theres alot more to life then bitcoin.
Activity: 644
One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

Cry

WTF is this bullshit?

1. Would you rather be raped by life instead? Life is fair to some people and unfair to others... you rather be in the group where life is unfair. LOL
2. Why not?
3. You can still speculate for $20k...$40k...$100k... etc

Why not become a bear and speculate for low hundreds or even tens. You could carry on for a very long time!  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1148
I do think that half the fun is in the anticipation.  It is kind of like "Christmas Eve" right now and we are just waiting for Santa to come. Wink 

There is some wisdom in just enjoying the journey.  I am sure with great success will come some new joys as well as struggles though.  This is why it is wise to listen to those that invested before us and see what they are doing and how they are reaping the rewards of their investments.

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
dafar consulting

Cry

WTF is this bullshit?

1. Would you rather be raped by life instead? Life is fair to some people and unfair to others... you rather be in the group where life is unfair. LOL
2. Why not?
3. You can still speculate for $20k...$40k...$100k... etc

legendary
Activity: 4032
Merit: 4562
You're never too old to think young.
Activity: 264
Meh $10,000 /btc is nothing, talk to me when it hits $100,000

I am leaving ONE BTC to my children and Grand children. It'll be worth US$1 Million in their lifetime.
My Grand Son will take one of my left-behind ASICMiner USB erupter sticks and auction it off for another Million as an ancient historical relic.
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
Giga
Meh $10,000 /btc is nothing, talk to me when it hits $100,000
Pages:
Jump to: