Pages:
Author

Topic: I PANICKED - page 4. (Read 10834 times)

X7
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone
September 06, 2014, 07:29:16 PM
I just invested my life savings into Bitcoin

Welcome to the all in club homie  BTCBTC See you on the moon BTCBTC
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
September 06, 2014, 08:55:43 AM

If you had waited until now you could have got more bitcoins for your money.

yes, and you could lend that money to someone at high interests.
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
Time is on our side, yes it is!
September 06, 2014, 01:19:16 AM
I think you will have a very long panic attack from all the worrying about how the future of Bitcoin will impact your life but the profit should help you when the medical bills come in the future or maybe just the vacation home mortgage.   Grin   
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
September 05, 2014, 10:06:19 PM

My condolences.  Sad
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
September 05, 2014, 09:56:49 PM
Try not to panic sell now if it drops.

when it drops. Investing in bitcoin in 2014 is about one of the worst investment decisions anyone could make. You'd be better off investing your life savings in Solyndra.
No arguments, no technical analysis, no fundamental analysis, no charts, no graphs.

CONCLUSION: MORON OF EPIC PROPORTIONS DETECTED
Wasn't it like ~10 months ago that Bank of Amerca estimated the "fair price" of BTC was $1300?

Anywho, there's a "lot" of investor money pouring into infrastructure development.  While this isn't a direct investment in the currency itself, it speaks volumes about what people believe its potential to be.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
September 05, 2014, 11:23:30 AM
You should not sell your entire life savings but your body as well, for BTC. It's how safe it is.
Activity: 68
September 05, 2014, 11:15:43 AM
At the moment the panic sellers / buyers are sleeping because the volume is really low and the price is steady, the calm before the storm?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
September 05, 2014, 11:03:52 AM
So you "invested" your life savings in something that is not an investment?  Sad
Panic is an appropriate response then. Very, very, risky move in my opinion.   
I see you saying that a lot. You are still wrong about it. Miners invest in mining equipment. Everyone who doesn't mine buy coins from miners, that is, we invest in the miners themselves. Net result is that everyone who holds any amount of bitcoin, however big or small, has invested in the network itself. Now you might not think of it as an investment or treat it as such and that's fine, but it is.
This is not what he is saying. He is saying that bitcoin itself is not an investment as it is very risky and it is far from certain that it will rise in price over the long term.

IMO it is nothing short of reckless for anyone to invest their life savings into something half as speculative as bitcoin.
Kind of depends on how much life savings you have.  For me, it was none, so I invested on credit.  It's worked out spectacularly for me so far, and now my life savings IS in Bitcoin simply because I didn't have one before.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1026
★Nitrogensports.eu★
August 31, 2014, 12:22:36 PM
I wish I would have panic-sold my saving when the price dropped the first time at about 630...

We may still get there shortly.  Smiley
Activity: 74
August 31, 2014, 11:26:39 AM
If I make $150,000/yr but only have $1000 in "life savings" and decide to invest it all into Bitcoin, big deal. 

What kind of dope makes $150,000/yr and has $1000 in "life savings"?

Someone who spends most of his income on hookers and blow.
Activity: 112
August 31, 2014, 11:24:11 AM
I wish I would have panic-sold my saving when the price dropped the first time at about 630...

sorry for you but scamming bag holders are still trying to fool people to buy in fake recovers with "to da moon fake dream", you should stop them
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
August 31, 2014, 11:22:04 AM
Activity: 74
August 31, 2014, 11:18:32 AM

If you had waited until now you could have got more bitcoins for your money.
Activity: 350
Merit: 255
August 31, 2014, 10:39:38 AM
Try not to panic sell now if it drops.

when it drops. Investing in bitcoin in 2014 is about one of the worst investment decisions anyone could make. You'd be better off investing your life savings in Solyndra.
No arguments, no technical analysis, no fundamental analysis, no charts, no graphs.

CONCLUSION: MORON OF EPIC PROPORTIONS DETECTED
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
August 31, 2014, 02:27:19 AM
If I make $150,000/yr but only have $1000 in "life savings" and decide to invest it all into Bitcoin, big deal. 

What kind of dope makes $150,000/yr and has $1000 in "life savings"? I suppose that type of person would dump their last 1000 bucks into magic internet money....

That's just f---ed up, bro. That said, anybody living on the Coasts making $150,000/yr and even modestly attempting to keep up with the Joneses is lucky to have $1,000 in life savings. The world has gotten more expensive.
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
August 31, 2014, 02:24:48 AM

What kind of dope makes $150,000/yr and has $1000 in "life savings"? I suppose that type of person would dump their last 1000 bucks into magic internet money....
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
August 31, 2014, 12:55:01 AM
IMO it is nothing short of reckless for anyone to invest their life savings into something half as speculative as bitcoin.

That's all relative.  If I make $150,000/yr but only have $1000 in "life savings" and decide to invest it all into Bitcoin, big deal.  Likewise if I'm 18 and my "life savings" is $2,500.  You'll have more than enough time to recoup those losses.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278
August 31, 2014, 12:34:23 AM
So you "invested" your life savings in something that is not an investment?  Sad
I see you saying that a lot. You are still wrong about it. Miners invest in mining equipment. Everyone who doesn't mine buy coins from miners, that is, we invest in the miners themselves. Net result is that everyone who holds any amount of bitcoin, however big or small, has invested in the network itself. Now you might not think of it as an investment or treat it as such and that's fine, but it is.
This is not what he is saying. He is saying that bitcoin itself is not an investment as it is very risky and it is far from certain that it will rise in price over the long term.

It's an investment too if you decide to treat it like that. Bitcoin is not whatever any one person want it to be, it is what the code specifies. What people decide to do with it is another matter.
The amount of risk that you would be taking when you put money into bitcoin would dictate that it is something that is speculative.
So what about it?
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
August 31, 2014, 12:07:54 AM

It's an investment too if you decide to treat it like that. Bitcoin is not whatever any one person want it to be, it is what the code specifies. What people decide to do with it is another matter.
The amount of risk that you would be taking when you put money into bitcoin would dictate that it is something that is speculative.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278
August 30, 2014, 11:23:13 PM

Pages:
Jump to: