Pages:
Author

Topic: I PANICKED - page 7. (Read 10834 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 253
August 28, 2014, 01:56:41 PM
Try not to panic sell now if it drops.

when it drops. Investing in bitcoin in 2014 is about one of the worst investment decisions anyone could make. You'd be better off investing your life savings in Solyndra.
Merit: 255
August 28, 2014, 01:53:13 PM
you made a good decision in my view, bitcoin is a safe investent, the rising % per year say it
Another idiot.
Merit: 255
August 28, 2014, 01:52:08 PM
I just invested my life savings into Bitcoin
Idiot.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
August 28, 2014, 01:45:15 PM
Why are people still talking about "risk"? The tech is solid, adoption is growing at an incredible pace, the economic theory underlying the system is sound. The only real risk is that someone steals your private keys, and with an offline install that risk is pretty much zero. I can't think of a better risk/reward investment. We are literally sitting on the investment opportunity of a lifetime, and at the same time it is among the safest of investments possible. What is wrong with you people?

All the pro do not automatically translate into price increase.

Price only depends on two factors, supply and demand.

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278
August 28, 2014, 01:40:31 PM
Why are people still talking about "risk"? The tech is solid, adoption is growing at an incredible pace, the economic theory underlying the system is sound. The only real risk is that someone steals your private keys, and with an offline install that risk is pretty much zero. I can't think of a better risk/reward investment. We are literally sitting on the investment opportunity of a lifetime, and at the same time it is among the safest of investments possible. What is wrong with you people?
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
August 28, 2014, 12:58:48 PM
Whoever is putting his life savings into BTC is a fool.  Doesn't matter what will happen (I still think BTC long term is a very good investment, but regardless).

Never invest what you can't afford to lose.
Eh, my life savings amounts to diddly.  But I'm glad I put that diddly into Bitcoin in 2011... I may retire yet!
It went well, but it could have ended horribly bad.

If you invested something in 2011 you had all the time to accumulate without risking your "life savings".

I stand by what I said. BTC is still in early stages, investing more that you can afford to lose is not a wise choice, that's all I'm saying, regardless of what we can say in retrospect.

i wonder which market out there is "safe" so that i can invest more then i can afford to lose so i can win with no risk.
Who said no risk?

You should never put more than you can afford to lose, regardless of what market we are talking about (no such thing as a "safe" market anyway), let alone the riskier ones.
August 28, 2014, 12:54:38 PM
Whoever is putting his life savings into BTC is a fool.  Doesn't matter what will happen (I still think BTC long term is a very good investment, but regardless).

Eh, my life savings amounts to diddly.  But I'm glad I put that diddly into Bitcoin in 2011... I may retire yet!

If you invested something in 2011 you had all the time to accumulate without risking your "life savings".

I stand by what I said. BTC is still in early stages, investing more that you can afford to lose is not a wise choice, that's all I'm saying, regardless of what we can say in retrospect.
You're going wrong in saying that life savings = more than you could afford to lose.  In my case, life savings = pretty much nil.  I basically borrowed $1,000 to buy mining equipment to get Bitcoins.  But if I had lost it all, I could have still survived.  Likewise, most people can afford to lose their life savings.  It wouldn't be fun, but they could afford it.  That's why it's called savings.

I completely agree with you that no one should invest more than they can afford to lose.  But that's a completely different statement than investing your life savings.
Then we agree.   As I said my definition of "life savings" was basically something you could not afford to lose, maybe it's just me.

If you consider "your life savings" something that can vanish overnight and you wouldn't bat an eye, then sure, why not, it's not my definition of "life savings" to be honest, that's what the OP and I were referring to.

If what you meant by "life savings" is something you could actually afford to lose, then we are saying the same thing Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
August 28, 2014, 12:48:57 PM

You're going wrong in saying that life savings = more than you could afford to lose.  In my case, life savings = pretty much nil.  I basically borrowed $1,000 to buy mining equipment to get Bitcoins.  But if I had lost it all, I could have still survived.  Likewise, most people can afford to lose their life savings.  It wouldn't be fun, but they could afford it.  That's why it's called savings.

I completely agree with you that no one should invest more than they can afford to lose.  But that's a completely different statement than investing your life savings.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
August 28, 2014, 12:48:09 PM

i wonder which market out there is "safe" so that i can invest more then i can afford to lose so i can win with no risk.
August 28, 2014, 12:44:00 PM

Activity: 210
Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io
August 28, 2014, 12:38:44 PM

Well done. You sold bed too?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
August 28, 2014, 11:19:58 AM
How much are we talkin?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
August 28, 2014, 11:11:51 AM
welcome to bitcoin.

I think you're in luck and the bull market has started again.

I hope it works out for you.

try not to panic if market goes for another test of bottom.

focus on learning as much as you can, secure your stacks, and help bitcoin succeed in wtv way you can.

good luck.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
August 28, 2014, 11:10:26 AM
Whoever is putting his life savings into BTC is a fool.  Doesn't matter what will happen (I still think BTC long term is a very good investment, but regardless).

Eh, my life savings amounts to diddly.  But I'm glad I put that diddly into Bitcoin in 2011... I may retire yet!
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064
August 28, 2014, 11:09:23 AM

You should have done it with some leverage.
Go ahead and borrow.....
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
August 28, 2014, 11:09:03 AM
Try not to panic sell now if it drops.
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
August 28, 2014, 11:05:42 AM

How much was that? If its a lot then good luck..

Some people's life savings are only $5 and other people's are $5 million. If it's only $5 then it's no big deal.
Activity: 218
Merit: 101
August 28, 2014, 11:05:33 AM
Anyway I think the OP was trolling, I don't think he really put his life savings into it lmao

I won't be surprise actually. Seeing how many people keep getting scammed by IPO scammed coin, Ethereum, Steller, bitsahresx.

A fool and his gold are soon parted?
August 28, 2014, 11:01:13 AM
Anyway I think the OP was trolling, I don't think he really put his life savings into it lmao
Activity: 224
THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.
August 28, 2014, 10:59:51 AM

At what price did you get in? What prompt you do take such drastic action?

Get rich or die hard trying?
Pages:
Jump to: