Pages:
Author

Topic: I shut it down tonight boys. - page 5. (Read 5084 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0
April 26, 2018, 05:09:36 PM
The point to a profit - even small - is that it's money you would not have HAD otherwise.

Also, the OP specifically stated "hobby miner".

But you waste a lot of time for it.  Is not better and profitable to click some sites and buttons in the internet? Cheesy

Why would it waste time? A miner is something you configure and leave alone. It mines while you are sleeping ffs.

Doing paid-to-click websites is less profitable because it demands your full attention the whole time. You could have instead spent that time learning a useful skill. Something is seriously off with the way you think. I highly suggest you take time to stop and meditate.

The current market value now is higher than in the future. Every day that you keep it mining for 5 cents it might depreciate another 10 cents

Where did you get your crystal ball? 
Even theres no need to check out a crystal ball  Grin We can already presume on mining difficulty and the basic commodity or factors that would really be needed on mining which do increase its price too which would really have a common result which is not really worth of to mine.If you do mine just for hobby then its your choice but you are really totally paying up the expense of electricity or maintenance rather than on making money out of it.

Agreed, it should be pretty obviously for everyone.  If one had some brain.
Activity: 3010
Merit: 794
April 26, 2018, 05:07:15 PM
The point to a profit - even small - is that it's money you would not have HAD otherwise.

But you waste a lot of time for it.  Is not better and profitable to click some sites and buttons in the internet? Cheesy

Why would it waste time? A miner is something you configure and leave alone. It mines while you are sleeping ffs.

Doing paid-to-click websites is less profitable because it demands your full attention the whole time. You could have instead spent that time learning a useful skill. Something is seriously off with the way you think. I highly suggest you take time to stop and meditate.

The current market value now is higher than in the future. Every day that you keep it mining for 5 cents it might depreciate another 10 cents

Even theres no need to check out a crystal ball  Grin We can already presume on mining difficulty and the basic commodity or factors that would really be needed on mining which do increase its price too which would really have a common result which is not really worth of to mine.If you do mine just for hobby then its your choice but you are really totally paying up the expense of electricity or maintenance rather than on making money out of it.
Activity: 602
Merit: 106
April 26, 2018, 05:05:07 PM
My rig has been running for 2 months straight with no problems (Win 10 and 5x R9 290). The only problems it has ever given to me have been because of my "awesome" overclocking. Also, mining still gives you some ez profit.
April 26, 2018, 04:57:40 PM

If you had even one  rig  you did not say that. Even properly configurated rig with a good watch dog needs some attention. Also you may want to switch  mined coins to increase profitability,  search that coins from a bunch of shitcoins like some funny boys suggest here. It becames a big full time job Wink
Activity: 644
Merit: 24
April 26, 2018, 09:46:26 AM

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
April 26, 2018, 03:26:02 AM
It's not basically "set it and forget it".

If you are making like 5 cents a day per GPU, is it worth it?

Most likely the fan can wear out. How much is a replacement? $20-45?

You can also burn a Molex or SATA cable and start a fire? Fairly common with the amount of power going thru that PEG connector

Exactly but i don't think your words will make trolls less mindless, trolls will always be mindless and they will likely mine at loss and say they are making million dollar per card hehe, they dont understand about cost at all cause most trolls just will steal their parents credit card and buy anything they need to keep their mining computers on for the sake of "hey, I'm a mindless troll" hehe
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
April 26, 2018, 03:18:48 AM

It's not basically "set it and forget it".

If you are making like 5 cents a day per GPU, is it worth it?

Most likely the fan can wear out. How much is a replacement? $20-45?

You can also burn a Molex or SATA cable and start a fire? Fairly common with the amount of power going thru that PEG connector

Activity: 182
Merit: 11
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 26, 2018, 02:18:32 AM

April 26, 2018, 01:43:41 AM

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
April 08, 2018, 02:54:32 PM

April 07, 2018, 04:05:23 PM
What's your hash rate?

Even at $0.2 kW/h the most expensive electrcity in the world I can still gain a tiny profit mining ETH.

Keep in mind the OP mentioned that their rig had a HD 6950 (ancient Terrascale card) and a R9 270 (low end for mining at all but at least it's GCN).
I doubt they were mining ETH on those cards, don't think the R9 270 had a 4GB option and the ETH miners don't tend to work on pre-GCN cards at all.

20 cents/KWH isn't the most expensive electric in the USA, much less the world - but it's certainly a lot higher than the US average.

I still dont catch what the point to have tiny profit and be proud of that. Thats a bit weird.
legendary
April 06, 2018, 03:28:04 PM
What's your hash rate?

Even at $0.2 kW/h the most expensive electrcity in the world I can still gain a tiny profit mining ETH.

Keep in mind the OP mentioned that their rig had a HD 6950 (ancient Terrascale card) and a R9 270 (low end for mining at all but at least it's GCN).
I doubt they were mining ETH on those cards, don't think the R9 270 had a 4GB option and the ETH miners don't tend to work on pre-GCN cards at all.

20 cents/KWH isn't the most expensive electric in the USA, much less the world - but it's certainly a lot higher than the US average.

legendary
April 06, 2018, 03:25:44 PM

There is no connection in coin price rising and mining.

Coin price is one of the 2 PRIMARY factors in mining profitability.
Electric cost is the other one.

And GPU costs is the third Smiley But I was talking about different things.

Hardware cost has ZERO effect on profitability, the effect there is on "time to achieve 100% ROI of the money invested".

April 06, 2018, 11:43:00 AM
the blood bath is going down and down.

i don't see a bright future. rather the contrary.

Anyway, i've already sold 3 of my gpus, and got almost 35% profit over the money that i paid. Continue mining if you want. It's a total waste of time.

You want to mine and hold? that's right. But have you considered what will you do if the market does not recover in lets say a year now?? are you going to hold and pay big bills from your pocket getting no profit at all???

Sorry, that's not my shit. i would never accept that.

Good job for you. The first miner here that open his eyes and realized their are much better investments than mining and also value his time he can spend else for better profits.

I'm about to dump my gpus on people like gotminer that thinks mining is still the best investment ever.

I do pay 25 cents for electricity so at my rate mining is a total waste.

You won't be dumping them on me as I'm not currently purchasing gpu's.  Lol ... Never said it was the best investment ever, so don't start putting words in my month, you fucking degenerate.  Grin  My mining farm is a small portion of my crypto related investments.  P.S. My electricity is more than 3 times cheaper than yours ... LOL  Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 924
Merit: 512
April 06, 2018, 11:37:54 AM
if you pay that much for power you are really better off just selling that GPU on eBay and just buy ETH directly.

After fees and taxes you won't net that much and are better off just buying ETH and holding.

Since the difficulty of ethereum increases and value reduces we see huge blow on mining GPU. If you want to wait and make the long term profit means always you can able to get the profit later.
For urgent selling it will work any people now.
If you think there is no profit after value raises means only you need to sell it out. Else keep mining the cheap coins with the potential.
Activity: 846
Merit: 115
April 06, 2018, 11:14:53 AM

Anyway, i've already sold 3 of my gpus, and got almost 35% profit over the money that i paid. Continue mining if you want. It's a total waste of time.

You want to mine and hold? that's right. But have you considered what will you do if the market does not recover in lets say a year now?? are you going to hold and pay big bills from your pocket getting no profit at all???

Good job for you. The first miner here that open his eyes and realized their are much better investments than mining and also value his time he can spend else for better profits.

I'm about to dump my gpus on people like gotminer that thinks mining is still the best investment ever.

I do pay 25 cents for electricity so at my rate mining is a total waste.
April 06, 2018, 09:28:52 AM

If that's what it takes, sure.  I never expected anything in crypto to be a overnight, short-term thing.  I'm not only looking a year down the road.  I'm looking 10-15-20 years down the road as well.
Activity: 924
Merit: 15
April 06, 2018, 09:20:25 AM

April 06, 2018, 08:09:32 AM
Even when mining will be no more profitable for me, i wouldnt shut it down. So maybe you make no profit for some weeks, but do you instant sell your coins to pay your bills? When im mining, im holding everything i mine and sell it when the price is high. So when mining is not profitable, i just continue to mine and hold the coins. But when its really to much minus, i can recommend you, to buy cryptocurrencies for the money you would pay for the electricity cost of your mining rig.

By the look at the current price movement, I think you'll be waiting a more longer. Holding and waiting for the price to get back are for those who big investment, with the bloody market right now and we still don't know when it'll end, I think OP is making a good decision.

Agreed with. Money should be counted.

OP already turn back on his Rigs, I guess he still survive despite of blood bath

I turned em back on but Im switching back to Monero. The difference in revenue is negligible but the power demands are less than half that of neoscrypt. 6950 is only using 50W, and R9 270X is only used 80-100. With Neoscrypt the 6950 would use over 100W and the R9 270X would use a staggering 180W.

Lol ... And the market is worse now than it was when he turned them off.   Grin
Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community
April 06, 2018, 02:20:58 AM
Even when mining will be no more profitable for me, i wouldnt shut it down. So maybe you make no profit for some weeks, but do you instant sell your coins to pay your bills? When im mining, im holding everything i mine and sell it when the price is high. So when mining is not profitable, i just continue to mine and hold the coins. But when its really to much minus, i can recommend you, to buy cryptocurrencies for the money you would pay for the electricity cost of your mining rig.

By the look at the current price movement, I think you'll be waiting a more longer. Holding and waiting for the price to get back are for those who big investment, with the bloody market right now and we still don't know when it'll end, I think OP is making a good decision.

Agreed with. Money should be counted.

OP already turn back on his Rigs, I guess he still survive despite of blood bath

I turned em back on but Im switching back to Monero. The difference in revenue is negligible but the power demands are less than half that of neoscrypt. 6950 is only using 50W, and R9 270X is only used 80-100. With Neoscrypt the 6950 would use over 100W and the R9 270X would use a staggering 180W.
Pages:
Jump to: