Pages:
Author

Topic: I sold all my bitcoins before the massive price jump. - page 3. (Read 3656 times)

maz
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
As the Guinness advert says 'Good things come to those who wait'.

Have some patience, Bitcoin gravitates lower every time it goes up, just chill.

And avoid reading speculation, it's full of day dreamers that will only encourage you into making hasty decisions.
Activity: 127
$Gangnam works hard, so you don't have to.
If you have money you should try to buy some now. Better late than never.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin
Probably not as bad as OP, but I know the feeling.

I bought silver from my first earned 2.5 BTC a week before the price went up. I could've had a lot more silver if I waited for just a week Sad.
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
I feel for you! You could consider picking up a small % of your previous holdings and tuck it away... come back in 5 years. Can't hurt.  Cheesy
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
GODDAMMIT FUCK ME
I honestly don't want to invest because if I get back into it my mistake will haunt me forever.

Just wait until the dip then, or invest in other thing like Gold while waiting Smiley
Activity: 462
GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!
GODDAMMIT FUCK ME
I honestly don't want to invest because if I get back into it my mistake will haunt me forever.
Activity: 770
Merit: 504
Need a gun?
Thanks, but no, I just make a better cryptocoin
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Need a gun?
Activity: 770
Merit: 504
To the OP. Although it may seem strange at the moment, you will be happier later on knowing that you supported the Bitcoin economy.

Jesus Christ! So the 'bitcoin' economy is supposed to be a 'good cause' of some kind? Get a real religion! The only ones supported here are they who made all the coins when they were easy to produce.
Activity: 294
One strategy I think is good........ invest half of what you might invest into bitcoins. If the price drops and it is a bubble then invest the other half. If it can go to this high of a price once it can again. If it doesn't drop but just keeps going up you also win.
Activity: 168
I hate my life.
Then buy the same amount of Bitcoins you had before, and know that you only lost out on ~$130 of the price jump, and got in on the other $880. Which is a lot better than most people will do.
legendary
Activity: 1001
Merit: 1005
To the OP. Although it may seem strange at the moment, you will be happier later on knowing that you supported the Bitcoin economy.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Buy and hold.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1722
https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF
There is still hope! Start collecting Litecoins.

How many coins did you sell ?

Take solace in my story: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/the-return-of-bitcoinfx-myself-169140  Shocked

Remember: "Money is only really money, when its moving!"  Roll Eyes
legendary
There is still hope! Start collecting Litecoins.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
I predict Bitcoin or its alternatives will take over the world as the #1 currency of choice.  Therefor, mass adoption will ensue, and the price for a single Bitcoin will rise to high enough levels to feed and clothe you for the rest of your life--that is, if Bitcoin remains the king of crypto-currencies.

So if you think this is a bubble, just wait ten years from now, and saying to yourself, "We thought that was a bubble?!"

exactly. The first "bubble" isn't even visible on the all-time chart any more. Here's a zoom-in to the old times (I wasn't around):

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
I predict Bitcoin or its alternatives will take over the world as the #1 currency of choice.  Therefor, mass adoption will ensue, and the price for a single Bitcoin will rise to high enough levels to feed and clothe you for the rest of your life--that is, if Bitcoin remains the king of crypto-currencies.

So if you think this is a bubble, just wait ten years from now, and saying to yourself, "We thought that was a bubble?!"
yvv
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
I hate my life.

may I ask: why did you sell all of them?

I admit to having sold some just 2 days ago. More than I ever sold, maybe about 5% of my stash.

And even that will probably make me feel bad on wednesday.

I take it you viewed bitcoin as "a way to make money"? Well, you did make money, didn't you? And that's what you wanted to achieve. So why do you feel like shit now?

Imagine it goes up further... if you get back in, you've only missed a little bit of the runup. If you don't and it goes up to 1 gold bar, you'll probably hate yourself even more.

When making a decision (like should I sell or should I buy) while you are missing some information (like: is bitcoin going to go up or down) there is an easy way to come to help come to a solution:

Imagine each of the 4 possible scenarios and evaluate how bad/good the result would make you feel:

(replace either buy or sell with "do nothing" depending on your situation)

• 1.) you buy, bitcoin down
  • 2.) you buy, bitcoin up
  • 3.) you sell, bitcoin down
  • 4.) you sell, bitcoin up

The evaluation depends a little bit on your preferences. I, for one, want to avoid feeling really really bad, so I try to avoid option 4.) because selling bitcoin and seeing it go up when you believe in it would be just gut-wrenching.

Option 1.) would also make me feel bad, but clearly not as bad as 4.). I have long regained the fiat I put into bitcoin (way too early, btw) so I could tell myself: "nice try, too bad it didn't work, let's try the next thing" in case of a Bitcoin failure (yea right!). 1.) would mainly make me feel bad because all my friends and familiy who have been repeatedly and strongly suggesting to me to "sell all my stash" would then tell me: "see, I told you so, why didn't you sell, you idiot, you could've had this much fiat, now you have nothing".

Also on the good side: 2.) would make me feel better than 3.). So I'm clearly biased towards 1/2 (buy) and that's what I mainly did (hold 95%)

Well anyhow, maybe this helps someone making decisions without having sufficient information.

You have to live with the consequences of your actions, so why not do some simulations in your head of the different possible outcomes.

And yet another very good advice by lucif: If you're emotional and you're lacking coordinates, DON'T DO ANYTHING. Go walk the street, sleep or whatever until you have a clear view. Then make a new plan.
legendary
The price is pretty high right now. How am I supposed to know it's not just a bubble?

For 20 BTC, I'll tell you if its a bubble or not.
Pages:
Jump to: