Pages:
Author

Topic: I spent all my saving on bitcoin, now i am broke - page 19. (Read 25417 times)

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1002
That's good point. If we put it on a USB key, you think we'll be able to use it in 20 years? What about a paper wallet?

Paper wallet is a good option. It needs to be printed on quality paper avoiding any water or humidity which can destroy it. I would recommend it as a backup stored on good and safe place.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
That's good point. If we put it on a USB key, you think we'll be able to use it in 20 years? What about a paper wallet?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
If you bought on May 8, then your already up a tall %.  Dig em up, sell em off, wait for the big drop and buy em back again.  Rinse and repeat

Why should he sell them already?
I would not recommend to sell any of them this far away before the halving.
Also there is risk with trading so if he wants to play safely he should just hold for that 5 years.
And doesn't seem like he wants to trade with them since he buried them in the ground Cheesy
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
If you bought on May 8, then your already up a tall %.  Dig em up, sell em off, wait for the big drop and buy em back again.  Rinse and repeat
Your Usb stick might broke of might be rusty so you cant use it in future, I think you can just savr.it in a virtual wallet and wait for.5 years
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
It is nice to see that there will be now more people that is holding their coin now and that is nice because you see now that the value of the Bitcoin is rising slowly so that is really nice.
But it will be really hard to know when the value stops rising and that is really hard also to predict.
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
a new take on the old pirates burying the tresure Cheesy i think you did a good thing that bitcoins will be worth alot in the future!
Activity: 350
That is not a smart thing to do because now you are no where, this is what I mean with gambling messing up your life. People need to understand that gambling can really mess things up in your life.
Yeah some people do not know when to stop but I am sure that he has learned it know afetr he lost his savings, now he wont make the same mistake twice. I hope that it is not to late for him and he can pick it up again. 
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
Is it ever a good idea to put all your eggs in one basket? You should dig that up now that we all know where it is. Then re-hide them in different places, not together.

Yes. And be sure to make a map where you buried all 5 USB.

You would not want to end like this guy.

legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
"Broke" dude getting richer by the day.
Do you even get a profit from it? Try to cash out even 1 bitcoin only and try to gain it with your 5 btc
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
I believe Bitcoin will rise more in the future so I guess OP did the right thing. He's already having some profit as was said above. Good luck in the future OP!
Activity: 239
This guy must be rich as hell now Grin
Thanks to the upcoming halving the price of the coins has been crazy ride recently
$574 x 5 = $2870 you got there

Hold it for a few weeks and the price might increase to $600
In fact our top price for today is near $600 level Wink

Happy weekends for us all Wink

I think it is better not to all your bitcoin now. The price could rise 5 to 10 times after the halving if the bitcon becomes more popular.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
Is it ever a good idea to put all your eggs in one basket? You should dig that up now that we all know where it is. Then re-hide them in different places, not together.
Activity: 714
Merit: 528
This guy must be rich as hell now Grin
Thanks to the upcoming halving the price of the coins has been crazy ride recently
$574 x 5 = $2870 you got there

Hold it for a few weeks and the price might increase to $600
In fact our top price for today is near $600 level Wink

Happy weekends for us all Wink
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Seems like you made very good investment.
You have already made over 500$ profit in just under 1 month!
Activity: 714
Merit: 501
Coming back on the OP main Post and how he lost the coins,  USB sticks are very risky when it comes to hardwar malfunction or even there is a chance of Lost of the USB. there i recommend that we should not save wallets information of the USB. Paperwallet is a much better option till the time it is lost. So you need to be careful with that too.

he didn't lose anything as far as i understand from this topic!

and if you think about it, anything can be lost. even paper wallet can be burnt even if you laminate it it can still burn and be destroyed . the only thing left to do is to keep it in multiple places to have back up.
Activity: 966
Merit: 506
Coming back on the OP main Post and how he lost the coins,  USB sticks are very risky when it comes to hardwar malfunction or even there is a chance of Lost of the USB. there i recommend that we should not save wallets information of the USB. Paperwallet is a much better option till the time it is lost. So you need to be careful with that too.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
That's a brave step.
In a couple of years the Bitcoin price shoudl have increased.
It is true that bankd sgive very small returns on investment so that may be a better (or worse) use for the money.
I am unsure of the point of the waterproof boxes as usb sticks are fairly resistant to most things on theeir own, however it will offer more protection.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
I also believe that after good halving you'll be much better off but still it was not a very thoughtful move to spend all your savings on Bitcoins. You must not put all eggs in one basket...
Pages:
Jump to: