Pages:
Author

Topic: I spent all my saving on bitcoin, now i am broke - page 31. (Read 25417 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
Well, assuming you actually followed through with this, you are either incredibly confident or incredibly stupid.

I'm not saying it is necessarily a bad investment, but you must be very confident in the future of Bitcoin and its ability to maintain value over long periods of time. $2300 USD is a fairly large investment, and I hope that you pay attention to the market and play it right so you can make some money off of it.

Good luck with your investment.
Activity: 74
Merit: 15
i did not put 1 bitcoin in each stick,   i put the 5 bitcoins together on 1 wallet, then just copied it to all the usb sticks,  

i never thought about doing that, now that i think about it, it would've been a better idea of putting 1 bitcoin on each stick, just in case one fails,  

i used usb's because i don't know how to make a paper wallet,  it was really confusing and hard when i read it online, i also don't own a printer

i don't see why they would stop working,  they are all different brands of usb and the box is waterproof, i think i should ok,

Activity: 1120
Merit: 502
Did you put one bitcoin on each stick? What if they break? What if they all stop working after years? Why use USB and not paper?
i did put a password on the wallet file, i just did not use a hard one because i will forget,  

i am not too worried about anyone coming to my home and stealing my bitcoin because i have never met anyone in person from this website, and i don't plan to in the future,

i think it's 99% impossible for someone to know who i am or where i live,

Activity: 675
Merit: 504
wow, talking about taking a leap of faith... I think the chance of getting an intrestrate higher than the banks is pretty good, altough i'd never risk all my livesavings on one technology.

Like --Encrypted--  already said tough: dig up those usb's ASAP, put a password on those wallets and hide them somewhere completely different!
Maybe you're anonymous right now, but it could happen that in a couple of years, somebody learns who you are and where you live, and digs up your coins from your backyard...
copper member
Activity: 924
Merit: 1007
hee-ho.
better hope that none of the users here live near your house and recognize the fountain. you basically just announced where you hid your private keys to everyone.
well i have good news or bad news, this week i took out all my saving from my bank 3500 and bought some bitcoin

i now have a total of 6 bitcoins,  

last night i bought 5 usb sticks and 2 waterproof boxes,  i put the box inside of the other box then the 5 usb sticks in the middle of the box,  afterwards i went into my backyard and dug a hole underneath the bird fountain,

i dug the hole almost 3 feet under. Then i buried it back and placed the bird fountain back.  

The bird fountain has been in the same spot for many years so i am not worried about forgetting where i buried it, and grass doesn't grow underneath it.

so there we have it,  I buried a total of 5 bitcoins, i plan to keep it there for 20 years. The 5 bitcoins cost me about 2300USD

The 6th bitcoin i keep it on my cellphone and i plan to spend it online,

Now i only have 100 dollars left in my bank,  i am basically broke,  my whole saving gone!

Was this a bad idea?   after i buried it i was starting to feel like it was a bad idea,  

i also did not put a hard password on it because i thought i would forget

but i wasn't planning on using my saving for anything, and the bank doesn't give me any interest for it,

i've never invested in anything , possibly because i don't have much money

anyways.. it's just money.. i'll save some more

i figure in the future, it might be way too expensive to own even 1 bitcoin,

i am now a proud owner of 5 bitcoins

this is my bitcoin story,

here are some pictures of the box and bird fountain, its not the exact ones that i own but similar

Pages:
Jump to: