Pages:
Author

Topic: I think it's time to leave Binance, any alternatives? - page 2. (Read 1010 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
Why still use Binance or Coinbase during this uncertainty...why use them at all when centralized exchanges have proven to be dangerous time and time again?
Because active traders don't really have other options. Then again, traders don't use centralized exchange as their cold storage and instead they have only a smaller part of their portfolio there and they usually understand the risks involved while that's not the case with an average crypto enthusiast and that's where problems start.

Why not use Peer to Peer marketplaces like HodlHodl and AgoraDesk for your fiat <> crypto needs, and decentralized exchanges/bridges for on-chain movements? You retain privacy, custody and gain exposure to data oracles instead of centralized price data. Risk and security is much more in your control.
Decentralized exchanges simply don't have enough liquidity and certain tools (like cross leverage) needed for speculators so they are not suitable for all users.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036
6.25 ---> 3.125
So, my question is, if Binance goes down, which centralized bitcoin exchange are you going to use?
Fortunately we still have a local exchange that can still be used, if Binance goes down, but right now I'm still using Binance, Coinbase exchange is not good for me, but Coinbase is better for other people.

However, I have used several exchanges, Binance I stayed with, others I abandoned, of course I did that for my personal reasons, despite some negative news and responses to Binance, I hope it has no effect in the future, hoping Binance exchange stays safe and survives.

Why still use Binance or Coinbase during this uncertainty...why use them at all when centralized exchanges have proven to be dangerous time and time again? Why continue to run the several risks (theft, manipulation, sacrifice of privacy) by continuing to use centralized exchanges after moving away from Binance when the time comes that you have to?

Why not use Peer to Peer marketplaces like HodlHodl and AgoraDesk for your fiat <> crypto needs, and decentralized exchanges/bridges for on-chain movements? You retain privacy, custody and gain exposure to data oracles instead of centralized price data. Risk and security is much more in your control.

legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1759
So, my question is, if Binance goes down, which centralized bitcoin exchange are you going to use?
Fortunately we still have a local exchange that can still be used, if Binance goes down, but right now I'm still using Binance, Coinbase exchange is not good for me, but Coinbase is better for other people.

However, I have used several exchanges, Binance I stayed with, others I abandoned, of course I did that for my personal reasons, despite some negative news and responses to Binance, I hope it has no effect in the future, hoping Binance exchange stays safe and survives.
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127
So, my question is, if Binance goes down, which centralized bitcoin exchange are you going to use? Personally, I think that Coinbase will become more popular because it's number two exchange by popularity at the moment and what makes it more attractive compared to Binance is that it's the San Francisco-based company, has been in business since 2012.

Unfortunately for you or anyone else expecting binance to go down, nothing of such as happened yet. There have been several fud targeted at binance trying to reck the exchange obviously from haters but so far their attempt has failed.
You know you don't have to wait for binance to go down before you switch to a different centralized exchange, there are plenty of option, but keep in mind that no where is 100% clean, even coinbase is not exactly exempted.

Haven't you learn anything yet? why would you keep funds in centralize exchange? not your keys not your money, go and keep your funds on a personal owned wallet like the hardware wallet and stop worrying about binance coz even if you leave, they can hardly notice your absence.  
If we do really tend to count out on how many issue and Fuds on which Binance had, then it would really be counted by our fingers and just as said that no one had succeeded out on taking it down even with the recent
Binance.us issue.Unlike into those previous or old years about in regarding Poloniex and Bittrex which it did really end up on a disaster with those companies but it is really totally different on what we are seeing on
Binance. Instead on decreasing its trust and popularity, it did really goes up even more and this is why it do still stand up on the top of the ranks.If we are really that mindful about the risks then its always been a golden
rule on not to store up any assets or making it as a main wallet for any exchanges out there, doesnt matter if its really that the current #1 platform or not, it wont really be giving out that 100% safe thing.
Speaking about alternatives then there are lots on the lists, its up to you which one would suit out your preference and likings but of course with just common sense then you would be able to
stick on whats the current popular among the list.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 693
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
So, my question is, if Binance goes down, which centralized bitcoin exchange are you going to use? Personally, I think that Coinbase will become more popular because it's number two exchange by popularity at the moment and what makes it more attractive compared to Binance is that it's the San Francisco-based company, has been in business since 2012.

Unfortunately for you or anyone else expecting binance to go down, nothing of such as happened yet. There have been several fud targeted at binance trying to reck the exchange obviously from haters but so far their attempt has failed.
You know you don't have to wait for binance to go down before you switch to a different centralized exchange, there are plenty of option, but keep in mind that no where is 100% clean, even coinbase is not exactly exempted.

Haven't you learn anything yet? why would you keep funds in centralize exchange? not your keys not your money, go and keep your funds on a personal owned wallet like the hardware wallet and stop worrying about binance coz even if you leave, they can hardly notice your absence.  
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 4133
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
honestly I never thought that anything like that could happen. and also never thought of keep an alternative option just in case anything happens. but I don't think coinbase is the right choice. because coinbase doesn't work in some countries. but binance can  work on almost world wide.
I think Binance would be my only and last CEX exchange. if anything wrong with binance then I am totally done with CEX and will 100% more to decentralized means DEXes for my trading activities. I don't see any other CEX to replace Binance for me.

Don't put all your hopes on centralized exchange and never should you rely on just one considering you decide to make use of only centralized exchanges, they can collapse or run out of business at any moment. Before Binance we had other popular exchanges but they're out of business today or having very low patronage and same thing can happen to Binance exchange too. Don't think because Binance exchange is so popular that they can't go down. We saw something similar with FTX exchange as it collapse even with all the backing from politicians and investors, same thing can happen to Binance so always keep an alternative which is preferable DEXes.

Personally, I don't want to wait till things go down, that's why I created this thread and if you don't trade with Futures, Margin trading and don't use all the privileges that centralized exchanges offers and just do spot trading, then go and choose safer route.

You did the right thing and I hope you have gotten some strong alternative as I have seen some suggestions on the thread and I have given mine as well. I hope you do know we have decentralized exchange offering those service as well and not just centralized exchange. I can't verify if those exchange are fully decentralized since I haven't used them myself but I have seen project focused on margin trading and they present themselves as decentralized. I believe the only problem here is that they won't have same liquidity as the centralized exchanges but they can be used as alternative as well.
Activity: 854
Merit: 772
Watch Bitcoin Documentary - https://t.ly/v0Nim

honestly I never thought that anything like that could happen. and also never thought of keep an alternative option just in case anything happens. but I don't think coinbase is the right choice. because coinbase doesn't work in some countries. but binance can  work on almost world wide.
I think Binance would be my only and last CEX exchange. if anything wrong with binance then I am totally done with CEX and will 100% more to decentralized means DEXes for my trading activities. I don't see any other CEX to replace Binance for me.
Why not? The fact that Binance works worldwide is the reason why it has some problems, they do things in a shady ways. Look, Binance employees allegedly help Chinese customers to bypass KYC measures. It was servicing US customers without complying with US laws, you can see a lot of articles about this.
Personally, I don't want to wait till things go down, that's why I created this thread and if you don't trade with Futures, Margin trading and don't use all the privileges that centralized exchanges offers and just do spot trading, then go and choose safer route.
Activity: 997
Merit: 279
#SWGT CERTIK Audited

honestly I never thought that anything like that could happen. and also never thought of keep an alternative option just in case anything happens. but I don't think coinbase is the right choice. because coinbase doesn't work in some countries. but binance can  work on almost world wide.
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
There is no liquidity on many cryptocurrency exchanges. With a large selection of coins, there is no analogue of Binance.
I use the Gate and Huobi exchange. Often lacking liquidity
copper member
Activity: 1988
Merit: 905
Part of AOBT - English Translator to Indonesia
back year ago FTX is alternative of binance  Grin but you know the story later if you re futures trader there is bunch of option decentralized finance on BSC ecosystem pancakeswap now offering perpetual futures too.

Now I'm using bybit and binance but bybit is recommended to do the KYC for all user spot trade with bunch of option is Tokocrypto Indonesian exchange based on binance cloud
Activity: 1764
Merit: 694
[Nope]No hype delivers more than hope
-snip-
I do not understand how these two features can be combined at a same time which results in an hybrid exchange  Huh

Because that's impossible. Most of the hybrid exchanges are established and known companies which they think are good for adopting some decentralized mechanism. However, as long as it is indicated that they are using a centralized system at several points, they will not escape regulatory action. For example binance DEX or IDEX which in the end they have to restrict their service to some countries, and require verification.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1159
How about hybrid exchanges that combine the strengths of both CEXs and DEXs?
Many used to cite Eidoo, Josyo, Legolas, Nash, NEXT, Qurrex as examples. Half of them are no longer available and the rest have turned into a different type of service. Hybrid exchanges seem to be dead as a class.

I haven't heard about any of the exchanges which you have mentioned in your post. By the way, centralized and decentralized exchanges operate in a totally separate manner. In centralized exchanges, you access the site with the username and password and transfer money to the exchange while in a decentralized wallet, you connect your wallet with the exchange and never transfer money to the exchange.

I do not understand how these two features can be combined at a same time which results in an hybrid exchange  Huh
Activity: 235
Merit: 5
How about hybrid exchanges that combine the strengths of both CEXs and DEXs?
Many used to cite Eidoo, Josyo, Legolas, Nash, NEXT, Qurrex as examples. Half of them are no longer available and the rest have turned into a different type of service. Hybrid exchanges seem to be dead as a class.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 4133
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
I personally use KuCoin over Binance and I also prefer KuCoin over Binance every day. It's easy , it has easy interface even for beginners and I still think you don't need KYC to actually make some trading there but I'm not sure of this. At some point even Bittrex was a good choice for me but they lack consistent on volume trading and they tend to delete good altcoins from time to time.

Kucoin is a very underated exchange, it has all the quality to be a top tier exchange and that's if it isn't one already. I remember when I was using it back then, it didn't require KYC for a good amount of withdrawals. The exchange is a complete replicate of Binance exchange, if you want to use Binance without using Binance exchange then kucoin is your best choice. They have numerous trading pairs and also theh have the Binance coin trading on the exchange which is very rare as other exchange hardly list other exchanges native token on their platforms.

First I thought Kucoin was a product of Binance exchange but they aren't and would be a perfect alternative to Binance exchange if you're taking about centralized exchange. But if you aren't looking to go centralized again and lookimg for a decentralized,l exchange, then you can use the best option that was already suggested to you by @RickDeckard. Binance has just been under regulatory attacks lately and I'm beginning to wonder if it's just karma returning a favour since Binance exchange has been playing it dirty for quite sometimes now. A perfect example was their involvement in the collapse of FTX exchange owned by SBF
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1571
'Bitcoins are like gold bars with wings' - T.W.
After Bybit announced mandatory KYC, I'm also struggling to find my next CEX.
For some of us CEX-es are mandatory to use, DEX-es don't have the needed liquidity for stoploss placement nor the amount of pairs with decent volume.

I heard about something called Phemex (no KYC apparently) but plan to use BingX. Please DYOR because I know nothing about it other than it's being shilled by the same guy who shilled Bybit early on.

Never put a lot on CEX-es, especially unsafe ones like the ones I mentioned above. Just sharing a few that I will check further due to (apparently) no KYC requirements.

If you know any more, please add them to the list.
Activity: 1792
Merit: 871
Rollbit.com ⚔️Crypto Futures
I think it's time to leave Binance, any alternatives?
As much as this is a good idea to ditch the centralized platform, unfortunately we have a few options out there that can matchup to them, and the fact that these guys are available in several other countries and support quite a huge list of coins make them still relevant in this crypto industry inspite of their regulatory battles and what not..

Btw easy for some users to say leave them(Binance) because  they have access to bitcoin atms, crypto cards to cash out and several other exchanges operating  in their home towns, but for people with no choice not even a Dex will be the best option as these platforms reap people off with below market price coins  or over price coins when you want to buy on these platforms...for now while still looking for a new crypto home Binance is okay just dont leave your coins on the exchange and read T&Cs before using this platform if you are new to their  service.
Activity: 420
Merit: 252
My post made philipma1957 wear signature

Decentralized exchanges are good alternatives if someone wants to feel safe and secure and in control of their funds but they lack a lot of features compared to centralized ones. For example, Binance has features like: Futures trading, options, leveraged tokens, swap farming, DeFi Stacking, Liquidity Farming, Launchpad and so on. These features attract a lot of users but p2p exchanges lack them. So, there are people who choose centralized exchanges because of that.
Forget about these features of centralized exchanges. These are the reasons why centralized exchanges have held us down and even CZ had the guts to say if anything happens to centralized exchanges that majority of people in the bitcoin cannot secure their coins.
For you to have your privacy 100%, you must be able to sacrifice some things which includes the above listed features of centralized exchanges.

I was a big centralized man, but I think it is not yet late to transition to privacy man. And when I asked a similar question to yours, o_e_l_e_o  pointed me here...https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.62099024  and I think I am enjoying it gradually
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1159
...So, my question is, if Binance goes down, which centralized bitcoin exchange are you going to use? Personally, I think that Coinbase will become more popular because it's number two exchange by popularity at the moment and what makes it more attractive compared to Binance is that it's the San Francisco-based company, has been in business since 2012.

Let's not bury Binance prematurely, because despite all the Fud, the exchange continues its work. If you really consider yourself to be a trader, then you should have registration on at least several other cryptocurrency exchanges, such as Kucoin and Bybit.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, there is no alternative to binance when you consider the centralized exchanges. There is no exchange which can be trusted for now other than binance. So if you are looking to trade in centralized exchange binance is still the best one to trade on. You will get most liquidity here plus i believe that other small exchanges can collapse or scam but binance may stay for longer duration.

Still if you want to quit binance, then try to trade at different decentralized exchanges and see for yourself which exchanges suits you and provides you most services similar to centralized exchanges.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

Let's not bury Binance prematurely, because despite all the Fud, the exchange continues its work. If you really consider yourself to be a trader, then you should have registration on at least several other cryptocurrency exchanges, such as Kucoin and Bybit.

Exactly and traders should have learnt their lessons by now with the incident of FTX experience., people should be able to adopt and master the use of other exchange. Also they have to limit the amount of coins they hodl in cex, it is better to move them out to a personal wallet. But binance is very much concentrating on its issue and going on with her business. We don't have to spread fud faster than it is.
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1187
I personally use KuCoin over Binance and I also prefer KuCoin over Binance every day. It's easy , it has easy interface even for beginners and I still think you don't need KYC to actually make some trading there but I'm not sure of this. At some point even Bittrex was a good choice for me but they lack consistent on volume trading and they tend to delete good altcoins from time to time.

Binance is still a good exchange and it will remain like this as long as they will have this huge volume in trading but the choice to use it it's up to each of us and I remember at some point , DEX Exchanges were the "next future" and here we are a couple of years later and no real signs of DEX taking over or even having the necessary trust anymore to use it.
Pages:
Jump to: