Pages:
Author

Topic: I wanna design a new crypt coin, what features should be included in ? - page 2. (Read 3378 times)

Activity: 261
Merit: 250
Interesting.....
I want a coin that randomly selects any miners gpu on the network and just blows it up everytime a block is found.

New block found on pool 0
Incoming!!!
 ZAp!!.Smoke!!..a little spark and fire!!

Fun for all ages. Would make mining hell of a lot more fun.

oh, oh,...and dont forget a massive pre-mine..like 35%-100%... just for shits and giggles.

oh,oh,oh ...and call it something bird/weight related...like lintcoin, dodocoin, duckfeathercoin, extremelylitecoin.....

Cheesy

Try something more challenging. What about 146% of pre-mined coins?

Nah. i think Cripple[xrp] already has that market cornered.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
I want a coin that randomly selects any miners gpu on the network and just blows it up everytime a block is found.

Incoming!!!

oh, oh,...and dont forget a massive pre-mine..like 35%-100%... just for shits and giggles.

oh,oh,oh ...and call it something bird/weight related...like lintcoin, dodocoin, duckfeathercoin, extremelylitecoin.....

Cheesy

Try something more challenging. What about 146% of pre-mined coins?
Activity: 261
Merit: 250
Interesting.....

Incoming!!!

Cheesy
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
I would very much like to see a coin generated like it is suggested by Adrian-x: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1207871.
legendary
maybe transaction fees is 0
You need some transaction fee to prevent spam.

No, you don't. Proof-of-work prevents spam too.

but people more send very big amount of little coins to attack the whole network.

They can't. 1000x transactions require 1000x calculations to be made. If 1 transaction requires 1 minute of calculations on average CPU then not more than 1440 transactions can be sent during 24 hours.
uh, u mean one user can at most send 1440 transactions under ur condition?

Yes. It's the same as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashcash.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

but people more send very big amount of little coins to attack the whole network.

They can't. 1000x transactions require 1000x calculations to be made. If 1 transaction requires 1 minute of calculations on average CPU then not more than 1440 transactions can be sent during 24 hours.
uh, u mean one user can at most send 1440 transactions under ur condition?
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004
legendary

I like, rewards very low for first 6 months, so nobody can be accused of pre-mine

then rewards become "normal" like 50 per block

I see, meanwhile, in first 6 month, the transaction fee is 0, and after 6 months, transaction fee becomes to be 1/10000 in a fixed ratio, is this ok?
free gift givaways. you get a free bicycle if you solve a block. or free blow and strippers to whoever solves every 1000th block. you could call it "cuntcoin"

Dude, we gots a winner right here/ thread closed!

lol
ou
No, it's not closed, it's not enough, I need more advice, what features do you guys really want?
Why not try a different approach which accounts for adoption time to some extent and keeping mint rate very low.

I.e. 1.5 min blocks, reward starts at 1 coin per block and annually adds 1 additional coin to the block reward indefinitely.  Also, create the coin merge-minable with other scrypt coins.

Hmm actually why not just try 1 coin per block indefinitely...  1 min block times.  You'll get half mill coins every year and will give you some number of years to grow an economy around the coin.  Will take a little less than 40 ish years to match btc supply but yours keeps growing to assist with liquidity.

You could add PoS as well like PPcoin but reduce the minimum time to say a week instead of a month as well.  Make the PoS reward 0.1% instead of 1% as in PPC now.

liquidity is the most important factor, so your advice is a good one, but i think at first people will be disappointed while they get only 10 coins after 5 days mining? how do u think about that? I wanna make a big number of coins in a block is just because I think people need more coins to lighten the comparation between transaction fees and the coins people own, do u agree with this?
Change the Scrypt parameters to make it more memory intensive and destroy the cost/performance ratio of GPUs.

I will consider this and modify the scrypt to make gpu mining more difficult.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
I like, rewards very low for first 6 months, so nobody can be accused of pre-mine

then rewards become "normal" like 50 per block
free gift givaways. you get a free bicycle if you solve a block. or free blow and strippers to whoever solves every 1000th block. you could call it "cuntcoin"

This is a good idea, people may have more passion in mining.
legendary
Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010
Change the Scrypt parameters to make it more memory intensive and destroy the cost/performance ratio of GPUs.
very good idea
Why not try a different approach which accounts for adoption time to some extent and keeping mint rate very low.

I.e. 1.5 min blocks, reward starts at 1 coin per block and annually adds 1 additional coin to the block reward indefinitely.  Also, create the coin merge-minable with other scrypt coins.

rewards start at 1 coin per block ad annually adds 1 additional coin to the block rewards sounds like a good idea, but what's the profit of doing this? I'm not very clear, can u explain this?

Yes, I know that, what ratio is proper?
Pages:
Jump to: