Pages:
Author

Topic: I was scammed by MtGox. - page 3. (Read 7844 times)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0
June 17, 2011, 12:02:06 AM
Yes please add this feature. Having email verification for every transaction would make things MUCH more secure, and I would have avoided this.

If someone has access to the account, it is easy to change the e-mail address.

E-mail verification would not have prevented this, though it might leave a pointer to the perpetrator if they were really stupid.

A hacked gmail account could be used for the e-mail verification.

Perhaps a better solution would be to lock any transfers out for 24 hours after an e-mail change and to send notice of the e-mail change to the new and old e-mail addresses.

That might have stopped this, but it will also annoy some users.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
June 16, 2011, 11:52:59 PM
mtgox if you are reading this can you please set all withdrawal methods to have email account verification if it needs to be changed.

Just having someone grab a password(somehow) and then logging in, changing payout details and processing, isnt secure enough.

If you place email verification for whenever details change, btc address/usd withdrawal address, it will make the site double as secure as it is atm with one access authentication.

Yes please add this feature. Having email verification for every transaction would make things MUCH more secure, and I would have avoided this.
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
June 16, 2011, 11:49:54 PM
mtgox if you are reading this can you please set all withdrawal methods to have email account verification if it needs to be changed.

Just having someone grab a password(somehow) and then logging in, changing payout details and processing, isnt secure enough.

If you place email verification for whenever details change, btc address/usd withdrawal address, it will make the site double as secure as it is atm with one access authentication.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
June 16, 2011, 11:41:30 PM
What help can we provide? There is nothing we can do.
We can't even be sure of which threads to believe or not in most cases.

I'm dead serious. 17.18 BTC was just stolen from me. I don't know who did it, but it happened, while the money was sitting in my MtGox account.
I think you're probably telling the truth but I can't independently verify it and can't do anything about it anyway. I was just throwing that in to reinforce the comment of the person I replied to.
June 16, 2011, 11:39:01 PM

I'm dead serious. 17.18 BTC was just stolen from me. I don't know who did it, but it happened, while the money was sitting in my MtGox account.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
June 16, 2011, 11:37:09 PM
June 16, 2011, 11:33:37 PM
Just a warning to everyone to not use MtGox. Sigh, I knew I should have stuck with BitcoinExchange.

What should I tell them? I mean I swear it was stolen from me. What can they do?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
June 16, 2011, 11:31:27 PM
I'm tired of these threads.

Stop whining on the forums and at least try to contact Mt. Gox. What help can we provide? There is nothing we can do.
June 16, 2011, 11:29:25 PM
No, I didn't. I used a secure password.
Activity: 135
Merit: 10
June 16, 2011, 11:26:59 PM
Did you use an insecure password?
June 16, 2011, 11:25:34 PM
Today, first time using MtGox. I added some BTC, started an order, and then checked back in a few hours to see that someone withdrew ALL of the BTC in my account to some address. I have no idea who this address belongs to. Here is proof.

Here is the Block Explorer for the address: http://blockexplorer.com/address/1KReFavSpHkxZqkR3aZvdz4pbhg6ZqCwhy

I have no idea how my account was accessed, but I do know that I will not be using MtGox again in the future.
Pages:
Jump to: