Pages:
Author

Topic: I was stolen 100+ BTC, don't know what to do - please help - page 2. (Read 2410 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 252
Haven't you all learned yet? Don't deal with Russians. Quite simple.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029
My question is... Why would BTC-e just believe what the dice site claimed (that the bitcoins were stolen)??
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019
can you tell us what is that gambling site so some users can help you verify it?
The 2nd post say the gambling site name as bitdice so maybe they can read russian and got it from the screenshot, i didn't see OP mention it.
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
can you tell us what is that gambling site so some users can help you verify it?
tss
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Can you prove you have 100BTC+ in BTC-e?

yes.  proof of moving 100btc to the exchange by showing the transaction would go a long way in verifying that perhaps this did in fact happen.  op is not replying.  maybe asleep.  if we don't hear any replies within a few hours then this is all just fud. 
Activity: 560
Merit: 509
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
Can you prove you have 100BTC+ in BTC-e?
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
Actually after reading about btc-e, I blame the OP. That site is only for mafia and money launderers. They might as well be operating on TOR and cash-by-mail and you'd get about the same level of trust.
Also I'd avoid using bitdice.com too.
For btc-e:
How hard is it to get decent English speakers in Russia or whatever east-European nation you are operating from?

You can't blame op for making  the error of trusting them in the first place. Like he stated; btc-e is not a bitcoin police, and furthermore, they have no right to hold funds without a valid reason.
And it's not that hard to get translators, i am from east EU and i can tell you for sure that three out of four persons speak english quite well, so hiding behind language barrier is futile.

cheers
legendary
Activity: 1001
Merit: 1005
Actually after reading about btc-e, I blame the OP. That site is only for mafia and money launderers. They might as well be operating on TOR and cash-by-mail and you'd get about the same level of trust.

Also I'd avoid using bitdice.com too.

For btc-e:
How hard is it to get decent English speakers in Russia or whatever east-European nation you are operating from?
legendary
Activity: 812

Ive been reading this story a bit on reddit OP and it looks like the gambling site you bet on are in communication with BTC-e.  Your best chance is to start communicating with them if you wanta chance to see yourcoins back.  Legally wise you are pretty scewed i think.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Bitcoin and co.
mhm, you can possibly threaten them with legal action, what country are they hosted in?

It might be somewhere around Russia since their conversation is Russian.
legendary
Activity: 1001
Merit: 1005
Seems like you're the same person from Reddit that's posting about losing money on BTC-e. Well, they're a bit shady and completely unknown... They also probably think they're doing the right thing. Have the coins moved from the exchange's address? Have they moved back to bitdice? You should also insist with Bitdice staff, there's a thread from them in the Gambling forum.

Anyways, I'm sorry for your loss. You won't probably see the coins back. If you do, you're a lucky guy...

Why would btc-e not return his coins? And if they don't, why do people still continue to use btc-e.

I guess after he makes some noise here they will return his coins..

I will never use btc-e as this is not the first time I heard a story like this.

Also make sure you publicize the gambing site as well.

legendary
You should post in the main BTC-e thread (link to this one) and give the admin a chance to see this and reply in person.

Couldn't do any harm to do so, but if they didn't solve OP's issue via official ticket system on site, i highly doubt they will do anything here on forum.
If i were in OP's shoes, and know i'm cheated , i would straight on open scam accusation so that people can be warned, and btc-e staff accounts flagged. (If OP is telling the truth that is)
cheers
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
You should post in the main BTC-e thread (link to this one) and give the admin a chance to see this and reply in person.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
What a tragedy for you, just make hope that your BTCs will be returned or not Karma will judge them.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019
Everybody here seems to agree that btc-e is a bit shady so filing for legal action probably won't do fuck all.
If you really are in the right and these coins were not stolen then hackers maybe your only help.
They won't get you coins back and it will probably cost you a bit more btc but im sure they could cost he site more than they took from you.
Sometimes revenge is the only answer, or forget about it, your choice.
legendary
If this is true, the question that bothers me is; why are you not posting under your main btc account? You also marked out the nickname in screenshots..
But in any way, even tho i have many years of successful and nice trading experience @ btc-e, i would not recommend they to anyone anymore.
The very fact that they are hiding their identity is enough of a red flag by itself, but i doubt they own the gambling site u mentioned, like some people claim; they have enough profit from fee's, making your story
pretty hard to believe, altho i am not saying it's not true.

cheers
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
My speculation is that BTC-e selectively steals from people whose coins are associated with non-legal activities.

Coins from gambling sites are stolen because BTC-e think you can't tell the police.

I really doubt that they are selectively scamming users, unless they actually do receive word about stolen shit. Otherwise, they make more in day in just trading fees than I make in a year, so that makes no sense there... However, BTC-E should always be treated with caution, i mean, nobody still knows who runs this site? Right!?   Huh

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
That Darn Cat
Like others have stated, there is nothing you can do man.  Undecided  Next time be wiser and don't allow them to have all your BTC at one time.  Lock the majority of your capital in cold storage.  Just take this as a very, very expensive lesson and NEVER make this mistake again.  I guess it could have always been worse.

Best of luck mate.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1006
FUD ...   Link to http://imgur.com/ screenshots  Created 2 months ago
As he said in the OP, this whole thing occurred over the course of several months and began several months prior. The screenshots were probably created for some other attempt at getting help somewhere else (e.g. police, FBI, etc.) before he came here to attempt to get help.

mhm, you can possibly threaten them with legal action, what country are they hosted in?
No one knows where BTC-e is based out of (probably Russia though). He has attempted to contact the police though.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
These coins will be gone by now no doubt and no way to recover them.  Not much can do in this kind of situation other than taking legal action and going from their if you have any grounds to stand on if their is a legal firm willing to take your case on otherwise their gone.
Pages:
Jump to: