Pages:
Author

Topic: I will sell a significant part of my Bitcoin hodlings at price ... - page 3. (Read 2557 times)

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

At what price levels will Bitcoin hodlers sell a significant part of their coins?

I will not sell my bitcoins now unless for exceptional needed things. Maybe if the price will go 20 000 or more i will sell two or three only to see and to touch the profit from them. But everything here. I think that bitcoin will worth more and more in the future. there a limited number of bitcoins and there are an increased demand for those. So the results will be the increase of their value.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
Not below US$5,000 if I had the choice, but some bills require me to "dump" minor amounts of BTC now and then
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
- snip -
Those who chose the last thing on the poll may want to give some arguments? If you're not willing to sell them then you are for sure going to use them, and that won't happen unless bitcoin becomes mainstream and well known everywhere in the world. That will only happen after xxx years. So, are you willing to wait that much?

I already pay my monthly satellite TV service (Dish) with bitcoin.

When I plan trip, I pay for my hotel (Expedia) with bitcoin.

I purchased a new TV from TigerDirect with bitcoin.

I bought my wife a camera from Overstock with bitcoin.

I subscribed to my local newspaper (Chicago Sun-Times) with bitcoin.

I also occasionally order pizza (Rosati's) with bitcoin.

I'm spending bitcoins for products and services all the time.  Why would I sell them for USD?

Some of the website are limited to me and can't access them . anyway I believe you mate ... but it's not like FIAT (Paypal , Credit card) they are accepted eveywhere on the world . for Bitcoin you have to basically struggle to get paid in BTC , to pay bills ith BTC and a lot of other things and all that depends on the country you are living in .
Activity: 798
Move On !!!!!!

At what price levels will Bitcoin hodlers sell a significant part of their coins?

I honestly strongly believe in this technology at the moment so much, that I wouldn't sell any of my Bitcoins even if we hit 10,000. That is how I voted!
If you won't sell your bitcoin at any price below 10,000 then you will probably not even buy anything with it as payment processors like coinbase convert it to USD instantly. Then how will just holding on to the bitcoins ever benefit you, if the price never actually goes over 10K ?

I am actually buying with Bitcoin very often but as soon as I buy, I also buy the same amount of the exchange. So at the end of the day, I am at the same balance or even ahead since shopping for Bitcoin nowadays gives you very ofteh great discounts (read purse.io for example).
Now why am I doing something so complicated you might ask? Well I decided that I will support the network in this way by transacting and not just hoarding, since I think that actual transacting is very important for the adoption at the moment. And at the end, because of the discounts, I often make small earnings as well.

Now to answer second part of your question, this way of holding will benefit me greatly since I believe that 1 BTC will be worth much more than $10,000 in the future. When this happens, I will see what I will do! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 7490
Crypto Swap Exchange
I won't sell my bitcoin since i believe bitcoin will success in future
I'd sell it if i really need fiat or emergency

OP, could add more option such as $1 or $24.99 Smiley
I bet some people would choose that options
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030
Twitter @realmicroguy
Bitcoin price speculation will be its downfall..... (to be continued).
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049
Your figures are very random.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1120
I would do it a 10000,
But I think I would never sell my bitcoins, I im so in love with them  Grin
legendary
Activity: 954

I honestly strongly believe in this technology at the moment so much, that I wouldn't sell any of my Bitcoins even if we hit 10,000. That is how I voted!
If you won't sell your bitcoin at any price below 10,000 then you will probably not even buy anything with it as payment processors like coinbase convert it to USD instantly.

Then how will just holding on to the bitcoins ever benefit you, if the price never actually goes over 10K ?
legendary
Activity: 1456
I like to horde most of my coins I do not like spending them.  I enjoy watching them build up.  Sure I do spend some but a lot of that is on investments.

Main thing I pay out of it is power bill, it is not cheap.   I do cash in each month some (or most months) to pay for electricity.  This makes it where if BTC dropped to 0 or something small I at least did not pay thousands in electricity bills mining and lose it all.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658
- snip -
Those who chose the last thing on the poll may want to give some arguments? If you're not willing to sell them then you are for sure going to use them, and that won't happen unless bitcoin becomes mainstream and well known everywhere in the world. That will only happen after xxx years. So, are you willing to wait that much?

I already pay my monthly satellite TV service (Dish) with bitcoin.

When I plan trip, I pay for my hotel (Expedia) with bitcoin.

I purchased a new TV from TigerDirect with bitcoin.

I bought my wife a camera from Overstock with bitcoin.

I subscribed to my local newspaper (Chicago Sun-Times) with bitcoin.

I also occasionally order pizza (Rosati's) with bitcoin.

I'm spending bitcoins for products and services all the time.  Why would I sell them for USD?
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

How did you determine the first few prices? Are those your exit points? Just looks a bit weird..
Activity: 798
Move On !!!!!!

staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
Not sure how you got thei dea to put the first four on the poll but well ... I'd sell when they are at the price 2000$ / BTC or above that's for sure . I wasen't an early adopter so don't have that much , so more profit it is the more good it is . I didn' spend any penny to get my current BTCs so ... all full profit Grin
Those who choosed the last thing on the poll may wanna give some arguments ? Shocked If you are not willing to sell them then you are for sure going to use them and that won't happen unless bitcoin become mainstream and well known everywhere onthe world and used and that will only happen after xxx years . so are you willing to wait that much
Activity: 167
Merit: 101

Pages:
Jump to: