Pages:
Author

Topic: [I0C] I0coin - The Best Choice In Digital Currency - page 46. (Read 81925 times)

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
If I do a git clone of https://github.com/domob1812/i0coin.git will that give me the correct/latest version? Then go git pull periodically to stay up to date?

-MarkM-

You can do that, but it would be better to pull the i0coin-0.11.9 tag.  In the future, there will be a 0.12 release with corresponding tag as well, at which point you can update (but probably won't have to).

And thus does git suddenly become a complicated mess.

The way I tell whether I need to update is simple cycle through all the coin sourcegode directories doing a git pull in each one; those where the pull got somehing are the ones that need to be re-built and re-distributed to all the machines running them. As one certainly cannot count on seeing any announcements on bitcointalk, everythign scrolls out of sight way to fast to have a reasonable chance of catching sight of something while it happens momentarily to be on the first page of posts.

How the heck would one even go about pulling from a specific tag? For all I know ome of the coin sourcecode dirs already might do that, unfortunately; I don't think git indicates that, at least not very out in your face obviously, so maybe some things already are only being updated when the specific tag that I pulled is updated, and might have entirely new tags in place by now that the old tag I am pulling is not telling me to to pull instead.

Thus usually it is much better if a given repository simple always has whatever it wants passers-by to download be right there as the default thing that anyone not trying to study up on how tags work and re-learn all over again whatever stuff they had to learn way back when they last were forced to resort to tags wil just simply get so that is all just works...

I have pulled tags before, gosh knows how though, I inevitably forget all that complexity that should in any event be avoided.

-MarkM-
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166
If I do a git clone of https://github.com/domob1812/i0coin.git will that give me the correct/latest version? Then go git pull periodically to stay up to date?

-MarkM-

You can do that, but it would be better to pull the i0coin-0.11.9 tag.  In the future, there will be a 0.12 release with corresponding tag as well, at which point you can update (but probably won't have to).
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

-MarkM-
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Activity: 286
Merit: 100

Here are some newly posted graphics you may download from izerocoin.org in two different file resolutions.

Success!!!

We've surpassed 95% mining with 0.11.9 clients.  This means all the BIP's have kicked in, so the old 0.8.x client should no longer be used for mining.  If you're still mining with 0.8.x please upgrade.

For non-miners it's also recommended that you upgrade although it's not as urgent.  If you start having trouble syncing (attaching to other clients) then you should upgrade immediately.

I'd like to thank domob for engineering a great new client and tools to make this upgrade go so smoothly.

We've been seeing 100% blocks mined by the new 0.11.9 clients for well over a week now.  The transition appears to be complete and holding, even with network hash rate declining back to pre-transition levels. 
domob,

The 20,000 I0C bounty that I owe you has been sent.  That should complete the payment of the total 25,000 I0C bounty.  Thanks again for your quality work.

I got everything, thanks a lot!  As discussed privately, I'll keep the code updated with Bitcoin's 0.12 branch and release a 0.12 version when Bitcoin does.

Thanks for your continued support!
legendary
domob,

The 20,000 I0C bounty that I owe you has been sent.  That should complete the payment of the total 25,000 I0C bounty.  Thanks again for your quality work.

I got everything, thanks a lot!  As discussed privately, I'll keep the code updated with Bitcoin's 0.12 branch and release a 0.12 version when Bitcoin does.
domob,

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
I lose all my peers at 900k blocks
speeds to 900k, then everything just stops there
any one have addnode='s ?

Code:
addnode=1.34.180.245
addnode=187.190.232.113
addnode=51.254.131.226
addnode=77.249.199.235
addnode=82.200.205.30
addnode=92.3.37.224
addnode=92.3.41.135

Make sure you are using the latest v0.11.9  Wink
Activity: 57
Merit: 1
I lose all my peers at 900k blocks
speeds to 900k, then everything just stops there
any one have addnode='s ?

... and of course the pools need to be thanked for making the quick upgrade and boosting their hash rate for i0coin to get us over the 95% mark.

Success!!!

We've surpassed 95% mining with 0.11.9 clients.  This means all the BIP's have kicked in, so the old 0.8.x client should no longer be used for mining.  If you're still mining with 0.8.x please upgrade.

For non-miners it's also recommended that you upgrade although it's not as urgent.  If you start having trouble syncing (attaching to other clients) then you should upgrade immediately.

I'd like to thank domob for engineering a great new client and tools to make this upgrade go so smoothly.

Activity: 104
Merit: 60

I0coin difficulty has increased 10 fold in the last five days.  It hasn't been that high for six months.  Does anyone know who is doing the extra mining.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/i0c/#@diff

Website looks great brooks.  It's more compact and cleaner.  Looks even better than before.

izerocoin.org is back online.  It's been redesigned, and of course, it now has links to the new i0coin 0.11.9 client.

I've simplified the design a bit.  The biggest change is I'm not using Wordpress.  It proved to be rather cumbersome to keep the databases synced to the rest of the site, as well as being time consuming to back up.  Also, Wordpress bloats the website quite a lot.  The size of the same basic website using Wordpress was 564 MB, compared to the new one posted now which is 0.5 MB.  I believe it's because Wordpress has numerous features available which never get used.

Wordpress is also quite the target for hackers.  I was spending more time with Wordpress specific problems than the website content.  So I'm going back to basics.  

I hope you like the redesign.

I just fixed an ssl cert issue for izerocoin.org which was producing errors on a couple of the links at the top of the website.  So give it another go if you were getting untrusted site errors.

izerocoin.org is back online.  It's been redesigned, and of course, it now has links to the new i0coin 0.11.9 client.

I've simplified the design a bit.  The biggest change is I'm not using Wordpress.  It proved to be rather cumbersome to keep the databases synced to the rest of the site, as well as being time consuming to back up.  Also, Wordpress bloats the website quite a lot.  The size of the same basic website using Wordpress was 564 MB, compared to the new one posted now which is 0.5 MB.  I believe it's because Wordpress has numerous features available which never get used.

Wordpress is also quite the target for hackers.  I was spending more time with Wordpress specific problems than the website content.  So I'm going back to basics.  

I hope you like the redesign.

@domob:

I’m satisfied with the new 0.11.9 wallet.  Great job.  If you post your i0coin address I’ll send you my part of the bounty, 5,000 I0C.

Great - please send your part here: jZ2aCwFULNoKzDQWTNQxFNn4wfTLHCa3Wu

Payment has been sent, thanks again.

legendary

@domob:

I’m satisfied with the new 0.11.9 wallet.  Great job.  If you post your i0coin address I’ll send you my part of the bounty, 5,000 I0C.

Great - please send your part here: jZ2aCwFULNoKzDQWTNQxFNn4wfTLHCa3Wu

@domob:

Pages:
Jump to: