Pages:
Author

Topic: [I0C] I0coin - The Best Choice In Digital Currency - page 53. (Read 81913 times)

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

izerocoin.org is down temporarily.  I accidentally let the domain expire so I'm working to get it renewed.  It should only be a few days.

Has a big pool stopped mining i0coin? I notice my pool has started picking up most of the blocks recently.

Yes, network hash rate has dropped over the last 4-6 weeks.  It appears to be F2Pool that has reduced its hash rate for i0coin.
Activity: 375
Merit: 250
Has a big pool stopped mining i0coin? I notice my pool has started picking up most of the blocks recently.
I think bitcoin should be thought of as a sha256d hardware network instead of one chain. It makes sense for me to envision a multiwallet that helps to act as a transaction router that puts your transaction on the appropriate chain for what your use is.

Regardless I want to push for more interaction of bitcoin, ixcoin, and i0coin. It could also be possible that the omnicore guys copy their system and run it on ixcoin and i0coin in addition to bitcoin. Omni could act as the bridge for these chains to interact together.

We welcome more cooperation.  I've always thought those three would make a great trifecta.  Bitcoin is the original.  ixcoin the clone, which makes it supremely compatible with any tools developed for Bitcoin.  Then there's i0coin, just as compatible, but with the transaction speed advantage when that's needed.  Let us know how we can help.

Fast block times make for a great platform for financial extensions like Colored Coins, Counterparty, and Mastercoin.  I0coin's lower price means it can support smart contracts and smart assets for a much lower cost than Bitcoin.

^from the op

Does the current i0coin codebase support these types of transactions?

IE: from what I understand ixcoin 9.x can support the op_return being used to run a Colored Coins, Counterparty, and Mastercoin type of system however the bulk of the hashrate from cex and the other main pool are still running on 3.x something so this feature cant be used.

I noticed i0coin is at 8.x, which I believe means that you also can't run counterparty on this.

Am I correct?

You are correct mate.  We need to upgrade to at least 9.x on the client and get pools to upgrade as well.  These are some goals we wanted to advertise so the public knows where we're headed.

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
I think bitcoin should be thought of as a sha256d hardware network instead of one chain. It makes sense for me to envision a multiwallet that helps to act as a transaction router that puts your transaction on the appropriate chain for what your use is.

Regardless I want to push for more interaction of bitcoin, ixcoin, and i0coin. It could also be possible that the omnicore guys copy their system and run it on ixcoin and i0coin in addition to bitcoin. Omni could act as the bridge for these chains to interact together.
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
Fast block times make for a great platform for financial extensions like Colored Coins, Counterparty, and Mastercoin.  I0coin's lower price means it can support smart contracts and smart assets for a much lower cost than Bitcoin.

^from the op

Does the current i0coin codebase support these types of transactions?

IE: from what I understand ixcoin 9.x can support the op_return being used to run a Colored Coins, Counterparty, and Mastercoin type of system however the bulk of the hashrate from cex and the other main pool are still running on 3.x something so this feature cant be used.

I noticed i0coin is at 8.x, which I believe means that you also can't run counterparty on this.

Am I correct?
Activity: 37
Merit: 0

I submitted a request to Bittrex to add i0coin to their exchange. 

they don't have voting, so it would be very beneficial the more i0coin supporters who will also request that i0coin be added. 

please contact them at [email protected]

additional info can be found here
https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202583854-Submitting-a-Coin-to-Bittrex-Updated-02-28-15

Activity: 33

Bummer man
Comkort is closing  https://comkort.com/
i0coin lost another exchange
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
programming never gets boring...
can someone help me ?

don't know if I'm doing something wrong

Code:
C:\dev\coins\i0coin\0.8.6-1\win32\daemon>i0coind.exe importprivkey thesuperextendstringkey "djswallet-address" true
error: couldn't connect to server

C:\dev\coins\i0coin\0.8.6-1\win32\daemon>

i haven't used djswallet 
looks like site is down

the question is if keys are stored locally on you computer or on server
if on server you probably can't recover them

I have a filed named i0coin-djswallet-keys.private, it is a ascii file with the following inside
BIP32 Public Key:
thelongstringhere

BIP32 Private Key:
theotherlongstringhere

Activity: 91
Maybe we need a new exchange

yes!
an asian exchange would be great
its a big market

i0coin has 99 votes already at https://bter.com/voting

Needs a lot more to get listed.

yes!
an asian exchange would be great
its a big market

can someone help me ?

Code:
C:\dev\coins\i0coin\0.8.6-1\win32\daemon>i0coind.exe importprivkey thesuperextendstringkey "djswallet-address" true

i haven't used djswallet 
looks like site is down

the question is if keys are stored locally on you computer or on server
if on server you probably can't recover them
can someone help me ?

Code:

Activity: 112
any plans from someone to have web wallet ?

almost 8 GB !!

Have you tried the djswallet?  I'm not sure if it stores the block chain locally or online.

https://djswallet.com/wallet.php

The i0coin block chain folder is now 11.4 GB, but Bitcoin is 32.5 GB.  Not too big yet.  Disk space is cheap.

well, this jdswallet.com result a fraud, after sometime the site went down, the guy says 'store your private keys' but they are invalid :S

--edited
or maybe I'm doing it wrong

izerocoin.org is back up.

I also put the wiki back online at izerocoin.org/wiki.

The forum link is directed to this bitcointalk thread for now.  When we get a bigger community we can launch a separate forum.
I've only been mining on DiscusFish for a short time, but pay outs are on time, always, plus its PPS which is awesome. I just wish I could get I0Coin windows wallet to work properly on my win7 32-bit machine. When I get some time I'm going to attempt to recompile from source. because i can't seem to get it to display the wallet. It shows up in the task bar, allows me to open up console, send message, but will not open up via the show/hide button. The issue may be on my end though. I do have a question, is there a bootstrap.dat somewhere for I0coin?
Activity: 91

Discus Fish is based in China.  It's about time i0coin moved into Asia.  It's been hard to do until now.  

If China takes to i0coin it will be a great new market.  

This could be just what we needed to really launch i0coin.

Pages:
Jump to: