Pages:
Author

Topic: ICBIT Derivatives Market (USD/BTC futures trading) - LIVE - page 48. (Read 97654 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
You should polish your site, do some UI work.
Activity: 674
The count down for the futures trading launch is running. We are doing final preparations right now.
Is there anyway for non-registered users to view the ICBIT market?
No, not yet. Market overview will be added when the frontpage overhaul happens, and that's gonna happen after the futures trading platform is launched.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Hello Fireball,

Is there anyway for non-registered users to view the ICBIT market?
Posted a new, latest screenshot of the futures trading platform (in the first post of this thread). Looks tasty, does it? Wink
Activity: 532
Looking forward to the futures trading.

Will you be connecting to any of the other exchanges to increase your liquidity?
I put up a screenshot here showing an amazing web interface of our current universal trading platform. As it was scheduled, the first milestone is to start a currency exchange market.
Now there is everything ready for it:
  • the sophisticated ultra fast trading engine
  • web interface based on real time notifications
  • bitcoins deposit/withdrawal (support for green addresses for instant depositing from deepbit and mt.gox is in progress)
  • an extensive variety of USD deposit and withdrawal options via aurumXchange

I hope you like it, and when all goes good, futures section will be added as the second milestone.
OK, my surprise on which I was working recently is ready to be tested: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/icbit-new-exchange-60548

Futures market will come when Currency Exchange sections works best (as the trading engine is universal, it's not much of a difference, but starting from Currency Exchange is simpler because Futures need a certain amount of liquidity in the market in order to work as expected).
donator
Activity: 798
I can see how futures would benefit bitcoin sellers, like miners and merchants, but how does it benefit bitcoin buyers?
Sorry for delay with updates. I'm polishing the user interface (it's a little bit too sleek and uninformative right now), the history trade data exporter is nearly ready too.
Thanks for your testing the trading engine code gets more and more improved (some problems were fixed, so the engine was offline for some period of time).

I think I will put up a green/red indicator to the web client which shows whether the engine is working or is turned off (maintenance mode).
bc
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
watching
Activity: 446
Merit: 250
Have you explained somewhere how the margin is set or at what point a margin call would occur?
I'm going to post a thorough explanation plus a tutorial on how to use the web trading client on the website.

Right now we are finishing the charting functionality.
Cool, I look forward to it.
Have you explained somewhere how the margin is set or at what point a margin call would occur?
I'm going to post a thorough explanation plus a tutorial on how to use the web trading client on the website.

Right now we are finishing the charting functionality.
Activity: 446
Merit: 250
Activity: 225
Merit: 100
Issues:
1.  i placed sell order  @35 and buy order @ 36,   no deal ?
2.  the order book eat higher bid.

1 is totally fixed now, along with other necessary scheduled improvements for today (finished orders validity check, so all invalid orders which are like buy-sell yourself, or no money to maintain the order/pay trading fee).
2 - order book is especially limited in the view size. It shows only 5 best bids/asks from each side. So your higher bids are still in the trading engine, but are not visible. If necessary, the order book snapshot could be enlarged.

Bytheway, to give you an understanding of the trading fee for the $100-sized USDBTC contract, it is set to 0.01 BTC now (so that trading futures is really cheap compared to trading actual currency).

Also those who came and found their account balance to be 0 - I put 100 BTC to your accounts too (in reality an account is opened when you visit the trading client for the first time, so that's why your accounts were not loaded up yesterday).
Issues:

Thanks for testing! Obviously, you can't buy your own sell order. The issue is however is that it's still shown as "active order", I'll add code now so that such orders are marked as rejected without polluting the order book.
Activity: 714
Preliminary testing was done today, and many small issues are ruled out. Everyone registered in the system by now got test 100 BTC in their accounts, and trading engine runs right now, but:

1. Historical data exporter is not finished (ETA - tomorrow), so the graph doesn't show trades which happen.
2. There is no market maker, so the order book looks very empty unless someone creates an order.
3. Some tutorials, tooltips would be beneficial because not everyone is familiar with futures trading.

EDIT:
Issues:
2.  the order book eat higher bid.
Done, alpha testing is due tomorrow and afterwards I invite you to beta-test the engine.
Preliminary testing was done today, and many small issues are ruled out. Everyone registered in the system by now got test 100 BTC in their accounts, and trading engine runs right now, but:

1. Historical data exporter is not finished (ETA - tomorrow), so the graph doesn't show trades which happen.
2. There is no market maker, so the order book looks very empty unless someone creates an order.
3. Some tutorials, tooltips would be beneficial because not everyone is familiar with futures trading.
Pages:
Jump to: