Pages:
Author

Topic: Ice bucket challange ... meh ... Rank up challenge ! - page 3. (Read 1551 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 611
Of course, CHALLENGE ACCEPTED @TytanowyJanusz. I will update this post today in the evening (CET)...
Great to hear that. You have 7 days than.

Clock is ticking Smiley

Good luck Smiley As Yoda would said: May the force merit source be with you.

Just wanted to update my post and start the challenge.
Almost two years passed and I managed to get 223 merits and am only a step away to finally get Hero Member rank which I am chasing for so long.
I want to add that I am a supporter of Merit System and thanks to Merits I was able to evolve from a simple forum spammer to really contributing and proud member of the community.

Let make this thread more exciting:

Look how the situation looks:

@wwzsocki has earned 223 merits and has 27 merits left get a higher rank

and the guy who challenged him:

@Tytanowy Janusz - he has earned 223 merits and has 27 merits left get a higher rank

so we have a draw to make it more interesting?

I'm calling you @Tytanowy Janusz !!!

I know that it is not in accordance with the regulations that he has introduced(After challenge user, who was nominated has 24 to nominate the next person (be careful to who challenge you. prepared for that ;-))

but maybe he will agree...

so, @Tytanowy Janusz - will you take the challenge ??

And one merit for each of you - @Tytanowy Janusz for great idea and @wwzsocki for his courage

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
Brilliant idea!  @wwzoscki I keep  my fingers crossed for you!
@TytanowyJanusz how did you come up with that idea of such challenge?
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
Of course, CHALLENGE ACCEPTED @TytanowyJanusz. I will update this post today in the evening (CET)...

Clock is ticking Smiley

Just wanted to update my post and start the challenge.

Here are a few words about me and a few of my posts/threads to make easy for you to find and merit them which will help me to win this challenge  Grin.

I am just an average guy with a passion for Bitcoin and blockchain. I have registered on Bitcointalk in 2013 and never rushed to achieve a higher rank in beginning but I have managed to get Senior Member rank quite fast and from almost 4 years I have this rank despite I am frequently active. I was one of the "victims" of Merit because the system was introduced a couple of days before my promotion to Hero Member. Of course, I was devastated when I realized that I will need two or three years more to achieve the rank which I had almost in my hand.
Almost two years passed and I managed to get 223 merits and am only a step away to finally get Hero Member rank which I am chasing for so long.
I want to add that I am a supporter of Merit System and thanks to Merits I was able to evolve from a simple forum spammer to really contributing and proud member of the community.
Only because of Merits I have changed my bad habits and learned how to be a real member of this community. Not only take but also give back and always try to improve the skills every time this is possible, learn from others and contribute as much as I can. Enough about myself, here are a few posts/threads of mine:

Below are some of his threads / posts that definitely deserve merit awards:

Czemu nie nagradzamy sie Meritami?
Category : discussion about merit system and it's adaptation on polish local board
Section : Local Polish

What is a node, full node, masternode and how to make money from it?
Category : guide
Section : Beginners & Help

What are PoS and PoW mining? Introduction to the Masternodes.
Section : Beginners & Help

Is Ripple a scam? Shocking Forbes article about XRP !!!
Category : discussion about XRP cryptocurrency
Section :  Alternate cryptocurrencies > Altcoin Discussion

Bountyhunters.io probably will scam their members. Watch out!!!
Category : scam warning
Section : Economy > Trading Discussion > Scam Accusations

Częste pytania dotyczące sieci Lightning Network

Podstawy Lightning Network - wyjaśnienia, portfele.

MLM - niebezpieczna strategia marketingowa
Category : discussion about MLM

Pozagiełdowy Handel Kryptowalutą (OTC) - Wyjaśniony w Szczegółach.
Category : guide - OTC
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.50478753

And here are my newest publications:
Junk accounts - what is it? Are they a threat? How to get rid of them?
Konta śmieciowe - co to jest? Czy są zagrożeniem? Jak się ich pozbyć?
TWIENDS.COM - czyli jak zdobyć Followersów na Twitterze.

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622
Of course, I accept your challenge @TytanowyJanusz. I will update this post today in the evening (CET).

Clock is ticking Smiley

You could adjust the part where the challenge is to rank up and make it a challenge to earn a certain amount of merits. The user has to earn 10 merits in the next days for example, no matter the rank. In that way anyone who wants to participate can do it. It might be hard to find enough users who are close to ranking up since they need both the activity and merits.

You might be right. Let's test it on few rounds and see how it will work. If we will have trouble with nominating another member or someone will like to nominate friend that is far from ranking up i will not protest to challenge someone to earn fixed amount of merits. Even challenge "who will get more merrits wins" sounds interresting.

legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
I've decided to challenge @wwzsocki. Quality poster with only 27 merits short to rank up to Hero member rank. That would be close to 4 merits per day. Hard but not impossible.

@wwzsocki I challenge you to be the best BTT member for the whole week. Write as much quality posts as you can. Help as many BTT users as you can and win forcing me to be better person by donating to charity or fail and donate to charity by yourself! Now your move![/b]

Of course, I accept your challenge @TytanowyJanusz. I will update this post today in the evening (CET).

Sorry that I respond so late but I was offroad for the weekend to make a break from the virtual world for a while and reload my batteries. We have really beautiful weather here and this is the first time from the winter so I really enjoyed my family around me, the sun and wild nature for the hall weekend.

Now I am back and I will crash this challenge with all these powers accumulated inside me in the last days. I was already thinking about new threads I want to start when I come back. From some time I have a really controversial thread in my mind, let's look if this thread helps me to win this challenge or only bring new enemies.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
You could adjust the part where the challenge is to rank up and make it a challenge to earn a certain amount of merits. The user has to earn 10 merits in the next days for example, no matter the rank. In that way anyone who wants to participate can do it. It might be hard to find enough users who are close to ranking up since they need both the activity and merits.
legendary
    Is the challenge random?
    If so, what if the challenged member is not interested or does not want to participate?

I nominate first person. After challenge he/she will nominate another one. If he/she is not interested may simply not accept it and another person will be nominated.

Anyway, the new kind of challenge of the OP is interesting, and innovative. I don't see the exact rewards for winners mentioned in the OP, so can the OP clarify it more, please.
    If he will manage to rank up I will donate funds to charity.

Its simple. Looser donate funds to charity. As much as he wants. The end. There is no reward. Its topic created to improve post quality, and help charity.

I think that would be fun, but I can’t rank up anymore. Tongue
    Outstanding guys should be eliminated from such challenge, like DdmrDdmr, who can rank up more to Hero, and Legendary. Even in the case the challenge open sooner, and DdmrDdmr does not earn enough merits for Legendary rank, he should be eliminated from such challenge. Because, if he has chance to join, he will win for sure with his fast merit-earning rate Grin
    Maybe, the top 50 merit receivers should be excluded to join the challenge.
    Top 200 Merit Receivers without Merit from the Top 200 Merit Receivers

It's not kinder garden. Its topic created to encourage nominated users to try their best contributing for BTT community or donate to charity. There is nothing to win. Its not lottery to win a house. What if wwzysocki will challenge theymos? For sure, he can't rank up and will have to donate to charity if he will accept challenge before but what if he will create new rank just for fun and rank yourself up just for one day? Than Wwzysocki will have to donate to charity. That would be very interesting and fun to watch. Why to limite that? There is nothing to win. Its Win - Win situation for everyone (BTT community, nominated user, charity)

You should construct a limitation on your challenge since not all of the members have an equal amount of merits and the target merit. It's hard especially for those who will need a lot of merits to complete the challenge. You should specifically state the range of the merits needed to be able to participate in the rank up challenge.
    However love the idea but think in this case newbies are in better position they need only ONE merit  Cheesy

I don't know how rich @Tytanowy Janusz is, you know it will be easy for them to gain 1 merit and more 100$ will go to the charity.

Again. It's not kinder garden. In ice bucket challenge you don't have any limitations like (5% of month income or 2% if you have more than 2 kids in donation, bucket with at least 10l of water and 16 cubes of ice 1cm^3 each to be sure that its equal for all)

I don't know where you get those 100$ from. I don't have to be rich to donate more than 1 cent to charity once. Cause i only challenge wwzysocki. He will challenge next person if he would like to.

Lol,
    This sounds like fun but just for a few participants, big part of the active members are our of the scope + the chalange cound create quite a merit hunting situation.
    Anyway, since I cannot join Cheesy (I have to wait almost a year) I'll keep an eye on the participants to trow some merit thier way.

Thank you. I'm sure they will appreciate it. I see activity is your limit. You must be damn good quality poster Smiley

If the person who has been challenged is ready to take the challenge, he has to announce his acceptance, and if he doesn't do that within 24 hours, there will be another random challenge targeting someone else, I guess.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, OP.[/list]

You are right. I didn't specify that. I'll do it now.
    If person, who was nominated, will not accept challenge within 24h (idle on forum or post with refusal) person who nominated him has 24h to nominate next person.

If nominated person was idle and will get online can still accept challenge if another was not yet thrown.

If person don't want to nominate anyone I'll do it or I'll write post with other instructions (something like - anyone can throw challenge to anyone. First post wins)

@Wwzysocki did not accept challenge within 24 h. He was most likely idle (did not post anything for 2 days). Now i have 24h to nominate another person, If Wwzysocki will accept challenge before i do that it will count. I think its fair. I'll find another user tomorrow.
    legendary
    Activity: 2184
    Merit: 3134
    ₿uy / $ell
    Lol,
    This sounds like fun but just for a few participants, big part of the active members are our of the scope + the chalange cound create quite a merit hunting situation.
    Anyway, since I cannot join Cheesy (I have to wait almost a year) I'll keep an eye on the participants to trow some merit thier way.
    legendary
    Activity: 1722
    Merit: 1007
    Degen in the Space
    You should construct a limitation on your challenge since not all of the members have an equal amount of merits and the target merit. It's hard especially for those who will need a lot of merits to complete the challenge. You should specifically state the range of the merits needed to be able to participate in the rank up challenge.

I know it's a good thing for you guys to have a challenge and donate whoever's the loser to the charity but I believe that rushing something can't have a 100% success. Well, I don't think 7 days is enough for him/her unless he/she's so outstanding that can outplay some threads with amazing posts. Still, good luck to this challenge, I hope it works and be successful.

However love the idea but think in this case newbies are in better position they need only ONE merit  Cheesy

I don't know how rich @Tytanowy Janusz is, you know it will be easy for them to gain 1 merit and more 100$ will go to the charity.
    Activity: 490
    Merit: 134
    You could do this in simple and funny way. All who want to participate in challenge do so send merit to all participant and then send them back to person who send it. Then I believe you will get rank up. Funny but this is idea or suggestion many want to do this but sometimes you need to be at the right place at the right time. Dont need to be good content writer or good post writer.

However love the idea but think in this case newbies are in better position they need only ONE merit  Cheesy
    Activity: 1035
    Merit: 200
    what if the challenged member is not interested or does not want to participate?

Although there is no extra instructions for a person being challenged on how to react if he is not interested, but I think this line makes it quite clear:

• I nominate first person to rank up challenge. This person have to announce their acceptance in this topic together with short self introduction (with few best posts?) within 24h.

If the person who has been challenged is ready to take the challenge, he has to announce his acceptance, and if he doesn't do that within 24 hours, there will be another random challenge targeting someone else, I guess.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, OP.[/list]
    Activity: 462
    Merit: 155
    Outstanding guys should be eliminated from such challenge, like DdmrDdmr, who can rank up more to Hero, and Legendary. Even in the case the challenge open sooner, and DdmrDdmr does not earn enough merits for Legendary rank, he should be eliminated from such challenge. Because, if he has chance to join, he will win for sure with his fast merit-earning rate Grin
    Maybe, the top 50 merit receivers should be excluded to join the challenge.
    Top 200 Merit Receivers without Merit from the Top 200 Merit Receivers
    legendary
    Activity: 2758
    Merit: 6830
    Is the challenge random?
    If so, what if the challenged member is not interested or does not want to participate?
    Then, he’ll choose another one (I guess). That’s why it’s a challenge.

Activity: 462
    Merit: 155
    7-day period is enough for the challenge, shorter period will be over challenging. Even with good posters, they totally depends on others users , including merit sources to received merits for their good posts. Other users, and merit sources, in turn have their own issues, some week they more actively log-in, and use the forum, read back and forth posts/ topics; some week they less actively use the forum than their usual levels.
    The case becomes clearer if one user  mostly receive merits from local boards' merit sources. What will happen if merit sources turn into less actively in short period, less than 7 days?
    Anyway, the new kind of challenge of the OP is interesting, and innovative. I don't see the exact rewards for winners mentioned in the OP, so can the OP clarify it more, please.
    If he will manage to rank up I will donate funds to charity.
    copper member
    Activity: 2030
    Merit: 1788
    ฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.
    Is the challenge random?
    legendary
    Maybe you could provide some limitations on who can participate as there are some people who are like 5-10 merits away from ranking up. In addition, I guess you could also increase the time limit depending on their current rank, with the lowest rank having the least time (maybe before less than 24 hours) and other ranks following the same rule as well. Nonetheless, this is a noble purpose as long as charity always wins!

Good luck to all participants who will be attempting to challenge this event!

It's for charity and for fun. I think it does not require those extra limitations to work. If you will challenge someone who needs 1 merit to rank up he will most likely do it in 1 day and you will have to donate to charity faster and we will continue with another challenge. If you will challenge someone who needs 200 merits he will most likely fail and donate to charity or don't accept challenge and we will continue with another person after 24h.

What you guys think about challenging up to 2 members? I'm a bit concerned about that because after 10 round we will have more than 1000 challenged members per week which I won't be able to handle.

@wwzsocki You still have 7h to accept challenge.

Activity: 2212
    Merit: 786
    Maybe you could provide some limitations on who can participate as there are some people who are like 5-10 merits away from ranking up. In addition, I guess you could also increase the time limit depending on their current rank, with the lowest rank having the least time (maybe before less than 24 hours) and other ranks following the same rule as well. Nonetheless, this is a noble purpose as long as charity always wins!

Good luck to all participants who will be attempting to challenge this event!
    legendary
    Hello Bitcointalk community. I'm happy to introduce RANK UP CHALLANGE.

Rules:

• I nominate first person to rank up challenge. This person have to announce their acceptance in this topic together with short self introduction (with few best posts?) within 24h.
    • Within 7 days of accepting challenge, participant have to rank up (gain enough merits).
    • If he will not manage to rank up during whole week than he will have to donate funds to charity. (It does not matter how much. That's only for fun. It could be 1 cent or 1000$)
    • If he will manage to rank up I will donate funds to charity. (charity always wins Smiley )
    • Winner or looser have to post proof of donation
    • After challenge user, who was nominated has 24h to nominate next person (be careful to who you throw challenge. If he will manage to win than You will have to donate funds to charity Smiley, be prepared for that Smiley )

I've decided to challenge @wwzsocki. Quality poster with only 27 merits short to rank up to Hero member rank. That would be close to 4 merits per day. Hard but not impossible.

@wwzsocki I challenge you to be the best BTT member for whole week. Write as much quality posts as you can. Help as many BTT users as you can and win forcing me to be better person by donating to charity or fail and donate to charity by yourself! Now your move!

Wall of Fame

nr|Challenge-makers|Challenge-takers|Merits to earn|Succeed?|Time|Payed to charity?
    1|Tytanowy Janusz|wwzsocki|27|yes|3d 10h|yes
    2|Cryptovigi|Tytanowy Janusz|27|yes|3d 23h|yes
    3|wwzsocki|tbct_mt2|13|yes|1d 07h|yes
    4|-|-|-|-|-|-

Current challenge

This will contain link to posts with newest challenges and link to posts with self introduction of person who accept newest challenges

Nr|challenge|self introduction
    1|empty|empty
    2|empty|empty
    3|empty|empty

Total amount donated to charity

68$

Charity that accept bitcoin:
    https://www.binance.charity/
    Bitcointalk Charity Program - Give Hope to Everyone $ 1 Is A Big Thing For Them created by @cabalism13

You don't know anyone close to rank up to challange him? Here is full list:
    https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/forum-chronicle-up-rank-list-congratulations-bpip-merit-stat-trust-5024849

Update:
    Most of the feedback I get is about that this challenge sounds fun but only few will have opportunity to take part in. I thought about letting nominated person nominate up to 2 users. But that way after 10 round I'll have to mange 1000 challenges. That's why I came up with an idea that I will open 3 spots for 3 active challenges per week. If you see empty spot that means that its free and will be taken by first challenge posted. You can challenge anyone. New spot will be realised if someone won't nominate new user on time.

Update 2.0 :
    From now on you can challenge other member to gain fixed amount of merits (f.e. 20). But if there will be more thrown challenges than empty spots priority goes to rank up challenges.
    Pages:
    Jump to: