Pages:
Author

Topic: Ice Fury (nano fury) support thread. - page 3. (Read 11816 times)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10
January 14, 2014, 10:23:54 PM

bfgminer.exe -o stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -u me.worker1 -p Password -o stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -u me.worker2 -p PASSWORD -S all
[/quote]
Hi Krazy, i have been running them on 3.8 windows 7 Pro my start string is
bfgminer.exe -S "NFY:all" --set-device NFY:osc6_bits=54 -o stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 -O address, When you plug it in does windows see it as a USB device or a HID device? I installed zadig and it started identifying he devices as Libusb instead if HIDUSB and bfgminer then didnt see it until I removed that device driver from the system and it again appeared as  HID compliant device. (check device manager which group it shows up under may give a clue)
[/quote]Thank you!  It really was as simple as uninstall the driver and this time I clicked delete driver.  Windows did a rescan and it started working in bfgminer. 
[/quote]

So are you saying you need to uninstall the driver that assigns COM ports to your USB keys?

Thanks,
[/quote]
In the above case check in device manager which group your device shows under, (if using BFGMINER) if its under usb devices then you can go the miner properties and remove driver and delete from system, scan for changes, miner auto detected and driver auto installed and it appears under HID compoliant devices this time, bfgminer will then see it..
Activity: 630
Merit: 501
January 14, 2014, 08:25:47 PM
I got in on the pre-order for the Ice Fury and took up the option to get a Red Fury at a slight discount.  They arrived today and so far I've not been able to get the Ice Fury to work.  The Red Fury is working and giving me what I expected as for a hash rate.  

So first I'd love help getting the Ice Fury to be seen.  I installed the driver which worked just fine for the Red Fury but when I go into bfgminer it shows one device which is Bitfury BF1 from BFMG.  If I do the + to add a device, bfgminer doesn't find the Ice Fury.  I'm running Windows 7 Pro and bfgminer 3.9 x64.  One odd thing is when I go into Device Manager the Ice Fury is showing up under Universal Serial Bus Devices and is listed as NanoFury NF1 v0.7.  The working Red Fury is showing up under Ports (COM & LPT) as Bitfury BF1 USB Miner (COM4).  I would expect both to show up in the same spot, I've tried reinstalling the driver for the Ice Fury but no luck from the bfgminer download.

The next part I'd love some help with is the batch file for bfgminer.  Once I get the Ice Fury working I'd like to have them as different workers so I can keep an eye on them.  Would this be a good config, I also have tried to disable GPU mining and neither the -G or --disable-gpu works.  Of course my actual batch file doesn't have me.worker1 or Password.

bfgminer.exe -o stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -u me.worker1 -p Password -o stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -u me.worker2 -p PASSWORD -S all
bfgminer.exe -S "NFY:all" --set-device NFY:osc6_bits=54 -o stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 -O address, When you plug it in does windows see it as a USB device or a HID device? I installed zadig and it started identifying he devices as Libusb instead if HIDUSB and bfgminer then didnt see it until I removed that device driver from the system and it again appeared as  HID compliant device. (check device manager which group it shows up under may give a clue)
Thank you!  It really was as simple as uninstall the driver and this time I clicked delete driver.  Windows did a rescan and it started working in bfgminer. 

So are you saying you need to uninstall the driver that assigns COM ports to your USB keys?

Thanks,
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
January 14, 2014, 05:34:33 PM
I got in on the pre-order for the Ice Fury and took up the option to get a Red Fury at a slight discount.  They arrived today and so far I've not been able to get the Ice Fury to work.  The Red Fury is working and giving me what I expected as for a hash rate.  

So first I'd love help getting the Ice Fury to be seen.  I installed the driver which worked just fine for the Red Fury but when I go into bfgminer it shows one device which is Bitfury BF1 from BFMG.  If I do the + to add a device, bfgminer doesn't find the Ice Fury.  I'm running Windows 7 Pro and bfgminer 3.9 x64.  One odd thing is when I go into Device Manager the Ice Fury is showing up under Universal Serial Bus Devices and is listed as NanoFury NF1 v0.7.  The working Red Fury is showing up under Ports (COM & LPT) as Bitfury BF1 USB Miner (COM4).  I would expect both to show up in the same spot, I've tried reinstalling the driver for the Ice Fury but no luck from the bfgminer download.

The next part I'd love some help with is the batch file for bfgminer.  Once I get the Ice Fury working I'd like to have them as different workers so I can keep an eye on them.  Would this be a good config, I also have tried to disable GPU mining and neither the -G or --disable-gpu works.  Of course my actual batch file doesn't have me.worker1 or Password.

Thank you!  It really was as simple as uninstall the driver and this time I clicked delete driver.  Windows did a rescan and it started working in bfgminer. 
January 14, 2014, 03:22:14 PM

Activity: 3
January 14, 2014, 11:23:50 AM
I got in on the pre-order for the Ice Fury and took up the option to get a Red Fury at a slight discount.  They arrived today and so far I've not been able to get the Ice Fury to work.  The Red Fury is working and giving me what I expected as for a hash rate. 

So first I'd love help getting the Ice Fury to be seen.  I installed the driver which worked just fine for the Red Fury but when I go into bfgminer it shows one device which is Bitfury BF1 from BFMG.  If I do the + to add a device, bfgminer doesn't find the Ice Fury.  I'm running Windows 7 Pro and bfgminer 3.9 x64.  One odd thing is when I go into Device Manager the Ice Fury is showing up under Universal Serial Bus Devices and is listed as NanoFury NF1 v0.7.  The working Red Fury is showing up under Ports (COM & LPT) as Bitfury BF1 USB Miner (COM4).  I would expect both to show up in the same spot, I've tried reinstalling the driver for the Ice Fury but no luck from the bfgminer download.

The next part I'd love some help with is the batch file for bfgminer.  Once I get the Ice Fury working I'd like to have them as different workers so I can keep an eye on them.  Would this be a good config, I also have tried to disable GPU mining and neither the -G or --disable-gpu works.  Of course my actual batch file doesn't have me.worker1 or Password.

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.
January 12, 2014, 03:28:53 AM
Beastlymac, I just got the units in today, so far I'm pretty impressed!
Awesome smaller design, makes the Blue/Red Fury USB's look huge, hehe. It would seem as if they are already over clocked, hehe, one is running at a solid 2.9GH/s & the other at 3.2GH/s Cheesy

I haven't really played with the much, what's them much yet and won't get a chance to for a little while as I'll be away on business next week, but so far it's looking awesome. What's the over-clocking magic for these, resistor change?

If anyone is curious, I'm running them on a Beaglebone Black w/Debian & CGMiner 3.10.0.

All that is required is usb 3.0 and osc bit 55 to max them.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
January 12, 2014, 01:26:31 AM
Beastlymac, I just got the units in today, so far I'm pretty impressed!
Awesome smaller design, makes the Blue/Red Fury USB's look huge, hehe. It would seem as if they are already over clocked, hehe, one is running at a solid 2.9GH/s & the other at 3.2GH/s Cheesy

I haven't really played with the much, what's them much yet and won't get a chance to for a little while as I'll be away on business next week, but so far it's looking awesome. What's the over-clocking magic for these, resistor change?

If anyone is curious, I'm running them on a Beaglebone Black w/Debian & CGMiner 3.10.0.
January 10, 2014, 12:25:31 AM
Posted the first version of cgminer (3.10.0) that supports these devices.
I just tried this but I cant get passed this error, I enabled Bitfury devices in configure as I didnt see any specific ref to nano or ice fury..(was that ok?)

[2014-01-10 16:55:31] Started cgminer 3.10.0
 [2014-01-10 16:55:33] Failed to sem_timedwait errno=4 cgsem=0x0xbfbf7a4c in usb
utils.c callback_wait():2451

What did you build it on? I've only tried it on pc linux/windows so far.

Sorry this was on PC Ubuntu 12.04.

Seems to be ok now after a removal and reinsert of devices.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
January 10, 2014, 12:02:40 AM
I just tried this but I cant get passed this error, I enabled Bitfury devices in configure as I didnt see any specific ref to nano or ice fury..(was that ok?)

What did you build it on? I've only tried it on pc linux/windows so far.
January 09, 2014, 11:56:55 PM

vs3
Activity: 622
Merit: 500
January 09, 2014, 04:59:40 AM

I read about a lot of magic in the release notes ... I like magic Smiley

Anyways - Nicely done! Thanks Con!
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
January 09, 2014, 02:20:07 AM
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
January 08, 2014, 09:49:48 AM
Hi there. I have a How-To up for mining with Ice Fury on Mac OS X:

http://nf1.xgminer.com

Great little devices!  Grin
vs3
January 07, 2014, 07:41:39 AM
I agree. I'm not saying it's an ideal solution. I'm merely saying that there is a way. Smiley

There are also other ways - see https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4315185
Activity: 1246
January 07, 2014, 05:29:03 AM
^^^

Adding dwc_otg.speed=1 brings the Pi's USB down to USB1.1 speed.  This is a kludge at best, especially considering the Pi's NIC runs off the same USB bus.  You're essentially totally nerfing the Pi's USB and NIC throughput to a total 12Mb (taking off protocol overhead you're less than 10Mb).

vs3
January 07, 2014, 05:15:37 AM
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
January 06, 2014, 08:58:13 AM
Can you try a different OS? Running them on raspberry pi has issues with hidapi

Yes - I just got it running on a Windows laptop to rule out chip issues.

Is the issue with the Raspberry hardware? I'd like to move it back if possible.

The Pi's USB support is broken at best.  Don't bank on getting them working on the Pi, ever.

They run perfectly on a BeagleBone Black, which hasn't got broken USB.

That's a shame, Blues,Reds,Bi.'s,Twins, they all live happily together on the Pi.
Activity: 1246
January 06, 2014, 08:39:02 AM

The Pi's USB support is broken at best.  Don't bank on getting them working on the Pi, ever.

They run perfectly on a BeagleBone Black, which hasn't got broken USB.
Activity: 5
January 05, 2014, 05:56:00 PM

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.
January 05, 2014, 04:34:49 PM
Pages:
Jump to: