Pages:
Author

Topic: ICO Investments Why Risky? - page 15. (Read 2888 times)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500
October 12, 2018, 09:32:18 AM
Good topic. I am alarming and make myself feel uncomfortable with all the factors you listed. Today, unfortunately, most of the ICO projects are fraudulent, and I am obviously prepared to lose money when investing in projects that interest me.

Well, that's the disadvantage of ico project in this business, But I agreed that in every investors they must prepared most of the time to lose money in terms of investment. That's the meaning of us as being Risk taker. This is business, we need to put in our mind that before you get involve yourself in the project you must accept earlier that you are already lose even it is not yet happen. Especially now, most of the ico bounty campaign run in a short time but the ico will run for a long time were most of the time they extend it.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 503
October 12, 2018, 08:12:17 AM
One more thing that has a lot of impact on ICO projects is that they offer a faint idea and the market is bottoming out. there are too many negative impacts for ICO projects. But risk will come with great profit. If you are good enough to know what you should do, invest in really potential ICO projects.
for now, most ICOs don't have prices that match their whitepapers, or their targets. whereas, if you think back, the softcap they target can make the price normal, but for now I think many ICOs don't care about softcap, and always extend the ICO they make themselves. well, because that's the ICO at risk.
Activity: 378
Merit: 13
October 12, 2018, 07:38:32 AM
Because many irresponsible people want to take benefits from crypto growth and they dont have real project. Some ICOs very slow when want to land on exchanger and it make investor waiting too long.
Regulation of course would really be of help with things like this. For instance, when the Centra token team was arrested based on the fact that they deceived their investors somehow when they do not have a specific product and then claimed they had it, and that really made things go awry for them at the end and then we saw the project dead.

Investors need to know how to always dig deep on the market they want to invest in first which is highly important at this stage. At least until when we start seeing some laws in place.
Activity: 451
Merit: 15
Investor
October 12, 2018, 12:42:20 AM
I have not get good luck in investing into icos and the few one that I have invested is not doing very well in the market.  Icos investments is very risky and many investors have lose significant amounts of money.  I don't think we can really succeed the ways people and investors are losing money through icos scam projects.

I hereby agree that this is really true. ICO are risky because of the projects that did not succeed. In short the plans and projects are just waste. That is why probably it creates more risk. In addition are those scammers who fooled investors for them to generate money.
Activity: 770
Merit: 101
October 12, 2018, 12:38:19 AM
One more thing that has a lot of impact on ICO projects is that they offer a faint idea and the market is bottoming out. there are too many negative impacts for ICO projects. But risk will come with great profit. If you are good enough to know what you should do, invest in really potential ICO projects.
Activity: 924
Merit: 100
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
October 12, 2018, 12:32:16 AM
Because many irresponsible people want to take benefits from crypto growth and they dont have real project. Some ICOs very slow when want to land on exchanger and it make investor waiting too long.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
October 11, 2018, 09:06:32 PM
This is an issue that must take priority since many people trust these ICO, which happens when they do not meet the expected expectations? Do you run out of funds for having trusted an indecent team?
Activity: 504
October 11, 2018, 08:24:20 PM
It's common for many Crypto investments from ICO to be scam and dangerous, I personally think the average of all 90% ICOs is a scam and only 10% are truly honest and proven to be real projects,
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
October 11, 2018, 07:53:37 AM
It's actually not that risky if you do lots of research.  Its risky for the idiots that throw money at anything that is hyped up with lots of advertising.
It is risky at all, its not because they are "idiots" or so what but because its the ICO to decide when they are going to scam. Money shines to those who are not true to their doings. ICO investments are really risky since it is just an offering, meaning there are no assurance but a plan to do a project. Even old trader and investor got scammed too.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
October 11, 2018, 07:35:23 AM
Some time ico investment is risk because when ico success you can take profit with your investment, but when your ico or you investment asset after listing at exchange market, price more drop and you have lost your money.
the main reason why ico investment has big risk was about team developers idendity, some of ico project using anonym indentity.so we could not know about them.and they could bring out our money.
Activity: 448
Merit: 281
October 11, 2018, 04:43:33 AM
ICOs very risky because there is no guarantee will landed on exchange and guarantee making a profits. We dont see the project work and good product, but we believe mostly because the developers team. Many ICOs become scam because the developers team are greedy and i think its bad for crypto community
There are always going to be scams every now and then and for an environment that is not even regulated and investors who are not very well learned, tend to make silly mistakes by not doing due diligence, it even gets worst. The thing here is that, there is no way you won't be a victim when you do not take into account the things you should know before investing in an ICO.

The team, the product, the business solutions and some other technical things are not just there for nothing, and even if you have to investigate all these things, you have to do it in details and not rush over them, as far as I am concerned.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016
October 11, 2018, 02:26:33 AM
ICO's and traditional IPO's are basically the same, Investors can either loss or gain profit but whats important is you should know what your investing its individuals responsibility, most investors don't care about the future of companies but they are only after the hype. I believe this crypto space has a lot good people and projects and hopefully one day it can compete with stock market by volume.
I think it is not the investment to ICO's that are risky but the finding of the good ones that makes it risky. I mean if you are investing into a coin that has a future than getting in early at the ICO levels is as much profitable as it gets however finding those little gems between all the shitcoins is the true risk.

Are you investing into something that could one day become x100 of the ico price because it is a marvelous new coin or are you investing into something that creators just wanted to create a sham so they can get your money and leave with you with couple coins that worths nothing? Who knows.
Activity: 104
Merit: 1
October 11, 2018, 02:08:09 AM
It's actually not that risky if you do lots of research.  Its risky for the idiots that throw money at anything that is hyped up with lots of advertising.

yeah its true, by acquiring full details before start to  investing  from ICO ,it the most important thing.due to is also main foundation element of successful investing. No matter what type of investment you’re making, research should always play a role,and it can be tricky to figure things out in the new regulatory environment.

Activity: 784
Merit: 115
October 11, 2018, 01:41:36 AM
My opinion why ICO investment is risky because we don't know if the project is very good or not, people can accept something benefits of the project or not. We still don't know if in the future, the project can reach their goals and get success and it needs time before they can prove it all. So it is risky for me, and if I want to invest with the ICO, I will use only small amount to see how good the project and if I think it is good, then perhaps, I will add more money to support the project.
Activity: 167
Merit: 10
October 10, 2018, 10:25:32 AM
I don't think all ICOs offer virtual products, i've found some ICOs which offer physical products, such as smart watch, payment card, etc
Activity: 580
Merit: 101
October 10, 2018, 10:06:55 AM
Some time ico investment is risk because when ico success you can take profit with your investment, but when your ico or you investment asset after listing at exchange market, price more drop and you have lost your money.
Activity: 392
Merit: 13
October 10, 2018, 09:45:38 AM
There will still be some ICOs that give big massive returns. but a lot will also fail.  Thats the aspect of the risk vs reward, the risky invesments usually have the highest chance of big returns.
Activity: 1050
October 10, 2018, 09:37:50 AM
Today there are so few intelligent and honest ICO, and a lot of scammers and deception.
People no longer trust their ICO funds.
My opinion is that it is much better to watch the project longer, and wait until the project is released on the exchange, and then buy tokens.
by looking at reality, many ico's results were unsatisfactory. maybe that is the impact of decreased trust from investors. other than that, the roadmap's trip process is so long, so it is possible to choose to wait for listing in the exchange
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273
October 10, 2018, 09:25:34 AM
The biggest risk associated with ICOs are - they mostly use the word "Blockchain" and add a tagline where they say that they are going to disrupt a $XXX worth of industry with the use of Blockchain and X token. It's all shown as a big dream yet to be fulfilled, and data and research shows that most of these projects have failed to achieve their desired results just because most of them were interested either in scamming people by taking away their money or others did it just for trial basis to see if they could get the level of investments they're looking for.
Activity: 462
Merit: 12
October 10, 2018, 09:17:47 AM
Today there are so few intelligent and honest ICO, and a lot of scammers and deception.
People no longer trust their ICO funds.
My opinion is that it is much better to watch the project longer, and wait until the project is released on the exchange, and then buy tokens.
Pages:
Jump to: