Pages:
Author

Topic: ICO Investments Why Risky? - page 13. (Read 2888 times)

Activity: 1190
Merit: 256
October 15, 2018, 07:52:50 PM
Basically, the crypto space is becoming way bit saturated and alot of money is coming in and going. So many people want to leverage in that by running ICO and taking up people money without any viable product. To be safe, it's advisable to invest in a project that have a product or at least a prototype.
Activity: 403
Merit: 100
October 15, 2018, 07:27:43 PM
Actually I have get few good ICO for successful my investment planning,but definitely right my investment lot of lossing to many ICO .but why,I don't know but I have lossing huge my money.

Losing a lot of money is the risk in ICO, and mainly that's the reasons why more people are now becoming more hesitant in dealing with most of the projects related to crypto nowadays. However, it doesn't mean all ICO projects will likely to fail but if you've become part of those scam ones I guess your funds will not be refunded. A legit ICO will refund your invested funds once the project will fail, but for those fraudulent raised you won't get back what you've invested.
There is always a risk in ICO investing, You should only know what are the right ICO to invest in, Most specifically understand an ICO first before leaving your money there, searching is the best tool for the users and participants and investors to have a good investment program and to classify what ICO is right and have a brighter future.
copper member
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
October 15, 2018, 06:03:46 PM
Investors have to do their due deligence before participating in an ICO. Some may have a great business model but instead of doing a more traditional fund raising or an IPO, are opting for a token sale. In most cases, those tokens don't serve a purpose after the ICO beside being used for speculation or if they do, lack the liquitidies to be used properly.

Here's an article we did about 10 characteristics a utility token should have:

https://medium.com/@marc.couzic/make-utility-tokens-great-again-f236b64ee31b
Activity: 323
October 15, 2018, 03:49:57 PM
I really like the legal points. I think the absence of a strong law on the ico project that makes ico very risky. No one knows or no one is responsible if there is a scam on the ico project. I think it makes perfect sense if people are afraid to invest in IO because there is no law. So maybe that makes ico too risky.
Activity: 952
Merit: 250
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
October 15, 2018, 02:23:34 PM
Actually I have get few good ICO for successful my investment planning,but definitely right my investment lot of lossing to many ICO .but why,I don't know but I have lossing huge my money.

Losing a lot of money is the risk in ICO, and mainly that's the reasons why more people are now becoming more hesitant in dealing with most of the projects related to crypto nowadays. However, it doesn't mean all ICO projects will likely to fail but if you've become part of those scam ones I guess your funds will not be refunded. A legit ICO will refund your invested funds once the project will fail, but for those fraudulent raised you won't get back what you've invested.
Activity: 191
Merit: 32
October 15, 2018, 12:41:03 PM
I think the ICO investments is very risky because if you investment in ICO you don't know if that ICO will be success or not, and another thing is many ICOs nowadays are scam and failed to reach there softcap so I think it is risky.
Activity: 278
Merit: 1
October 15, 2018, 11:55:09 AM
I believed that investing in the ico was very dangerous to do it, because the only things we can decide for it to invest is our trust. Therefore, if we have that trust in every ico the feelings of doubt and fear in the form of investment  for sure risk is no longer be there. But, if we have those fear and doubt the risk will get involve or apply in it.
Yes, but the doubt comes in us, when we invest in the ico without researching well. So we must verify the projects before investing in any ico. Then fear and doubt in us will not work.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 500
October 15, 2018, 11:42:31 AM
I believed that investing in the ico was very dangerous to do it, because the only things we can decide for it to invest is our trust. Therefore, if we have that trust in every ico the feelings of doubt and fear in the form of investment  for sure risk is no longer be there. But, if we have those fear and doubt the risk will get involve or apply in it.
agree with you. sometimes the results that appear do not become what you expected. Well, it's like an investment that can make you lose money, or it can make you rich. In essence, when you participate and invest, you must understand the risks that can occur.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 500
October 15, 2018, 11:25:24 AM
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
October 15, 2018, 10:47:16 AM
there is no license for the success of ico and not yet strong ico community so from that ico is very high risk.
honestly I have never participated in ico, I only saw the development of ico and currently ico is really not good due to the bitcoin market still in bear
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”
October 15, 2018, 10:24:59 AM
Yes we all know it is very risky to join ICOs given that it is more lika a gamble. We will never know if the business will really live to our expectations or just die like any of the failed ICOs. It is beyond our control not even the team's, it is about how well the ICO is accepted among its users or clients. So for me the last part that talks about trust is really important given that not all can be trusted and anybody can just do scam without being noticeable immediately. So research should be done before joining it. 
Activity: 182
October 15, 2018, 09:56:08 AM

It is very important for the investors to learn and be aware of the project which are going to be funded with their ICO investment.
     This involves careful study and analysis of the ico whitepaper which is created and published by business entities intending to raise funds through icos.
      The accessibility, transparency, authenticity and credibility of the ICO whitepaper in question and the information contained initial are of paramount importance.This knowledge and awareness could prove to be immersely helpful for the investors to remains vigil and guard themselves against falling pray to scams.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 554
October 15, 2018, 08:31:34 AM
If you want to get astronomical gains you have to get into a project at ground level.  Think of how much money the early investors of Facebook and Amazon made.  But for every Amazon there will be hundreds of companies that will fail miserably.  The risk vs reward potential is enormous when investing in start ups.  This is why I never recommend going all in on one project.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
October 15, 2018, 07:33:20 AM
because there is no binding responsibility, investors are still looking for any collateral and this is still subjective like buying a cat in a sack. If the ICO promotion is clearly regulated and not all of them can qualify, it won't be too chaotic now. The emergence of a too messy ICO can make many fraudsters infiltrate because there are no specific standards and it seems that it is still too easy to make.
Then who will provide regulation for ICO while everything is decentralized on the internet? who is the institution that can be a role
model for this? but that is a good idea. so there are no tens of shit projects that will only do scamming on investors like today
Activity: 30
October 15, 2018, 05:47:57 AM
True, there are lots of scammers these days and sometimes you can hardly tell the ones that are real is scam. It’s good to take your time in choosing ICO these days, don’t rush into anything cause if you do it might be scam. Not after working hard for a very long time and at the end of all that you lose your money, makes no sense. So always take out some time to check ICO before investing.
Activity: 1177
Merit: 102
October 15, 2018, 03:59:55 AM
Activity: 66
October 15, 2018, 03:51:30 AM
because there is no binding responsibility, investors are still looking for any collateral and this is still subjective like buying a cat in a sack. If the ICO promotion is clearly regulated and not all of them can qualify, it won't be too chaotic now. The emergence of a too messy ICO can make many fraudsters infiltrate because there are no specific standards and it seems that it is still too easy to make.
I did investment with some ICO and gain nothing. I found few of them profitable but i am not well satisfy with them.For me ICO investment are fully risky and a lots of investors lose there money with ICO.
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
October 15, 2018, 01:32:14 AM
I guess the next topic should be how can we improve the world of ICO's where so many scams are occurring all the time. I mean you have explained the straight points which are really troubling for the ICO investments these days and making them very much risky all the time.

The risk is all because of its decentralised nature, they are unregulated market and thus there is no where to complain about something if anything is going wrong. Believe me, ICO are just great at deceiving people and stealing their money. I have seen ICO's who has raised more than billion and still going scam. I dont know what makes them run, whether it is the money that they get or what.
Activity: 602
Merit: 259
October 15, 2018, 01:07:50 AM
Yeah, fancy dreams, I liked that point a lot. They are really nothing but bunch of the ideas which looks like great and out of the box. But when it comes to the reality then they are very very hard to develop easily. I guess with the current system of ICO's most of them are just pretending to show off and attract the customers. Mostly new customers will always fall for this trap and they will think they are investing into the crypto future and will make tons of money out of it.

The only ICO's that can survive now are the one's with real world product and services which are already happening and they just want to scale it up! Or else ICO's should at least be giving out MVP that is Minimal Viable Product to have more trust over them.
Activity: 462
ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS
October 14, 2018, 11:35:06 PM
Yes i have to admit that they are indeed carrying a level of risk in investing in them. But you can definitely decrease the risk by reading into the ICO and tracking their progress before you even put your money into them. Knowledge on this business really goes a long way and could even make and break your investments.
Pages:
Jump to: