Pages:
Author

Topic: ICO problems - page 3. (Read 1013 times)

Activity: 180
Merit: 0
November 24, 2017, 12:18:44 PM
I see that scams aren’t a problem anymore. People started to think before investing. I mean the majority of course. The problem is that many startups delay MVP or updates after successful ICO.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
November 24, 2017, 11:55:39 AM
ICOs nowadays are being created by the developers just to gain profits millions of dollars worth of investment then they will find a way to look like that something wrong happens like electroneum.Lets make it look like its legit and then we will disappear into thin air instant money.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
November 24, 2017, 11:48:35 AM
Do you feel that era of ICO 1.0 is going down and market need something else?
Marketing is so expencive. Lot's of projects without product who collect lot's of money. Token prices is going down after release on exchanges. What do you think?
yes I think so that happens, whether it ico who has a good step forward or just for a moment, they are just looking for profits and we see a lot of tokens ico prices in the market does not match the ICO price. and they aren't trying to stabilize the prices. a lot of projects that fail and investors affect who want to invest them to be hesitant to participate in the ico that no clarity. Also many of those who prefer to invest after the coin was listed in the market....
Activity: 644
Merit: 117
swing!
November 24, 2017, 11:35:42 AM
Its more about their strategy on managing their lease of tokens and how investors are going to react with it, yeah previously ICOs are basically gold mine if you could get the right one, but considering the overflowing of ICOs (almost more than 10+ ongoing independently), they are not less exposure, more competition and those buying are basically just wait for flips or just throwing them off as soon the pressure doesn't keep up in few days, from my observation projects that raise alot are more easy to get dumped as investor are have tons of them and the developers doesn't have to worry anything as they are funded with ETH, the true value is not found within tokens that are stamped to roadmaps, better seek for those with lower market cap and realistic project, so far only a few succeed within the ICO trend. few examples are POWR that was very strong on its position seeking green energy trading, or Monaco that produce cryptocurrency cards.
Activity: 87
November 24, 2017, 11:21:06 AM
Lack of regulation and low standards are whatbi can think of as the reasons for ico problems.

Indeed, having a strong regulation for launching an ICO is really important not only for us but for them also. Because today, everyone can start their own Crypto currency project since blockchain source code is available free to public.

Everyday their is always a new project and i dont really blame them because their are also some patronizers that are really buying thir coin. So i guess users or traders should also be aware or even stop supporting unnecessary ICO for them to stop appearing.

I agree with you. The investors should stop investing in such ICO's in order to prevent them. I always search about the project and nearly everything before i will make my investment in it.

Some ICO's are not a scam they need to be support rather than a scam ICO.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
November 24, 2017, 11:11:23 AM
Just need to filter the ICO of the company. There are promising and there are scammers. We sometimes give away their money to the wrong place. Worthwhile if his ICO coin will always increase!
rpg
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
November 24, 2017, 11:08:03 AM
Yes there are some problems. Main is after ICO will arive one more ICO v2.0 from another team and after that better team will began their new ICO on with the some idea. ICO is only collecting money now, there are only few project which really do what they promised to do
Activity: 155
Merit: 1
November 24, 2017, 11:00:59 AM
If a person is smart enough to conduct an own research before investing, everything will be ok
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
November 24, 2017, 10:58:47 AM
Check for ICO if it is legit and ask the devs if you have a lot of doubts. Experience makes you distinguish if you're being scam or not.
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
November 24, 2017, 09:49:04 AM
it’s quite difficult for startups to create a product before ico. especially the news ones. but still if the idea is cool, it will die because of lack of devs and marketing.
many scams also had an idea Smiley
Activity: 241
One Token to Move Anything Anywhere
November 24, 2017, 05:43:08 AM
 it’s quite difficult for startups to create a product before ico. especially the news ones. but still if the idea is cool, it will die because of lack of devs and marketing.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
November 22, 2017, 10:21:47 AM
The problem is that many ICO projects gather lots of money, but they can not give a real working product.
Activity: 744
Merit: 266
November 22, 2017, 09:48:47 AM
Things that don't have any value turn out to go down after a short a while. ICOs are a similar case where the promising ICOs dominate the market and the scam ICOs ruin it by scamming the people. This is the reason why people don't trust or invest much in ICOs. There are a few ICOs which are much profitable and we have to do our own research before investing in any of them. No risk is equal to no profit.
Activity: 182
Transcodium - The Future of Transcoding
November 22, 2017, 09:45:57 AM
ICO it self doesnt have a problem, its the lack of regulation and project behind it which sometimes makes it questionable
Activity: 1120
Merit: 250
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
November 22, 2017, 08:59:40 AM
the most important ico problem is delaying the distribution and also not reaching hardcap or, most importantly, the ICO is a scam and harms the participants.
Activity: 280
Merit: 108
November 22, 2017, 08:45:20 AM
There is an average of 18 ICO's per month, so theres bound to be an ICO that is not legit and probably a scam. Too many problems within and ICO as time progresses, this is causing investors to worry about their investments.
Activity: 241
One Token to Move Anything Anywhere
November 22, 2017, 08:40:49 AM
What kind of regulation are you talking about? If from a government, then it will possibly destroy the ICOs. If about a regulation from investment funds or pools, then the concept of ICO can be empowered. Still, it's a double-edged sword. The idea of blockchain and ICO is decentralization. The regulation stays on the opposite side.
Activity: 317
Merit: 104
Bounty manager
November 22, 2017, 08:14:53 AM
Lack of regulation and low standards are whatbi can think of as the reasons for ico problems.

Indeed, having a strong regulation for launching an ICO is really important not only for us but for them also. Because today, everyone can start their own Crypto currency project since blockchain source code is available free to public.

Everyday their is always a new project and i dont really blame them because their are also some patronizers that are really buying thir coin. So i guess users or traders should also be aware or even stop supporting unnecessary ICO for them to stop appearing.
Activity: 238
T H E G O L D E N I C O
November 22, 2017, 07:37:19 AM

Activity: 238
T H E G O L D E N I C O
November 22, 2017, 07:35:10 AM
There sould be regulation of ICO. Somebody should track how does the project complete the roadmap, how does it spend the money raised during ICO and so on. The should be this kind of evolution soon.

Road maps and timeline of an ICO although also important and being part of the white paper to attract more investors. ICOs mist be regulated as soon as possible because there are a lot of Cryptocurrencies are circulated while people didn't know they existed.
Pages:
Jump to: