Pages:
Author

Topic: ICO scam!! - page 3. (Read 599 times)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10
February 23, 2018, 01:25:11 AM
In fact, scammers are everywhere, and everywhere there is a risk. There are really a lot of projects now and we need to be careful when choosing them. I saw the news that in Russia they create rules of regulation when creating a project, which would protect investors. Perhaps this will be an example for other countries in which projects are also being created.

Yes, it’s true that regulations are now being made because there have been many scams and people get victimized. The governments would want to avoid these scams from floroushing within the country so they become stricter when it comes to ICO. Some would want to avoid it altogether so I heard that there are countries that ban ICOs or plan on banning it in the future. If there is better regulation for ICOs this may be actually avoided.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
February 23, 2018, 01:16:32 AM
Always double check if the site/mail/person is the real one.
Not even being able to find any of the team online is what amuses me. In fact, some of them go as far as opening a fake LinkedIn profile with one huge fake position they have occupied over the years and some fake pictures, and the account was opened just few weeks back. Seriously ? I cannot remember the exact project, but these guys lied about the team and office address and luckily one of the community members who lives around here ended up finding out. That is the extent at which some of them ends up going, which is why my main target has always been the team, and once I am okay with that, I can start asking other relevant questions.
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
February 22, 2018, 11:20:24 AM
In fact, scammers are everywhere, and everywhere there is a risk. There are really a lot of projects now and we need to be careful when choosing them. I saw the news that in Russia they create rules of regulation when creating a project, which would protect investors. Perhaps this will be an example for other countries in which projects are also being created.
Activity: 457
Merit: 11
Chainjoes.com
February 22, 2018, 11:20:07 AM
How do people actually get scammed after an ICO sale? Let's say i've gone through the company's website, whitepapers and github source codes. I have decided to invest for some of their tokens. Is there a way i scammed after all this? Share your thoughts.  Smiley
There is, so to avoid that matter, you must investigate about that ico, about everything you have to learn, like their background and if that ico has a chance of being success after it launched. check the community who support that ico and decide for yourself if its good or not.
Activity: 476
Merit: 105
February 22, 2018, 11:12:36 AM
How do people actually get scammed after an ICO sale? Let's say i've gone through the company's website, whitepapers and github source codes. I have decided to invest for some of their tokens. Is there a way i scammed after all this? Share your thoughts.  Smiley
There are different scenarios which will determine if you got scammed by these greedy developers which normally occurs in a real life scammers when it comes to some investments programs or businesses, they get scammed by the devs when they abandoned the project after the ICO sale taking away the investors money without any sign or trace brutal right? some of them cloak themselves with a legit looking ICO's, they will show that they have a pretty good team, always responsive and helpful to their clients, the project looks neat and good, they have a good system for their advertisement then finally got successful with their crowdsale, able to release their coins on exchanges then suddenly dumps their coins when the time is ripe vanish from the thin air, there are tons of gimmicks and events when people got scammed from these ICO's.
Activity: 459
Merit: 250
February 22, 2018, 11:05:03 AM
After all you can still get scammed, because you dont know what the team is doing and if it is trustable. There is always a risk that you get scammed, you should watch out for some solid projects with solid team members behind it. If you can find some great information about the team you should be fine!
Activity: 144
Merit: 0
February 22, 2018, 11:00:52 AM

Not all ico is good, but there are also ico that fail and only fraud, their tokens are not included in the exchange. Be careful of investing in ico, first study their project, and then you can to invest in their ico.
Activity: 28
February 22, 2018, 11:00:07 AM
They advertise and promote coin "1" as the ICO and wait for people to bite in. They usually spend months or even years doing this. When they get enough investment theyll create/mine coin "2" on their own and just leave people out of the air. They usually provide a very promising timeline or schedule(mostly short term until the ICO) but if you look hard enough on their whitepaper you should well see enough that they are scammy. This is only my own understanding and observation.
Activity: 251
February 22, 2018, 10:52:17 AM
I know in a month about 5 projects Scam,but iceotope basically all projects are gaining cap,and no Scam
Activity: 14
February 22, 2018, 10:39:27 AM
ICO scam is becoming very common now....So to sort out the legit ICOs is a very difficult task...Look for the team which is operating an ICO...the team must be responsive... then the whitepaper....then the reviews about it...All this only I can say...
Activity: 728
Merit: 104
February 22, 2018, 10:00:06 AM
I also had to meet some ICO Scam shortly after ICO finished dev immediately disappeared without any news at all, but now I know how to choose a good ICO and avoid SCAM.
Here is how :
Choose an ICO project in collaboration with AmaZix, as I have often joined ICO projects in collaboration with AmaZix and all have great success without SCAM Wink

if you want to know more what is AmaZix you can visit : http://www.AmaZix.com
Activity: 401
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
February 22, 2018, 09:25:30 AM
There is alot of ico scam now adays someone have to be very careful. Do your research well before you join any project.
Activity: 210
February 22, 2018, 09:14:58 AM
I believe there are many people creating CON COINS constantly in this forum and some how they have a team of a large numer of boys, shit posting and making advertise of it.
Activity: 511
Merit: 100
February 22, 2018, 09:13:14 AM
Even if they have all the white paper, github, source code etc. you still prone to scam because scammers are also upgrading their strategy. What you need to look for is the team behind the project because the project or white paper will not scam you but the person behind the project will. Check  if this guys are real person or just a dummy names and copy paste images. If this are real person,verify their credibility and check if they have a history of past scam project.
You are absolutely right even the team shows their goal to improve the project after the Ico we will know the truth behind it. Yes the team's seriousness to provide the requirement in order the Ico to be successful. This is really helpful to us to investigate every project just to get rid of scam's Ico.
Activity: 672
Merit: 100
February 22, 2018, 09:11:52 AM
I do not think that ICO is still SCAM. Because now there are so many projects on CoinmarketCap and I can tell that of the 4 ICO companies in which I participated only 1 was SCAM. Here is a statistic only for me
Activity: 27
February 22, 2018, 09:09:52 AM
if the people actually got their coins so there us no scam.

but lot's of projects disappear after they raise ICO. if you git your coins it's your business deciding when to cash it out.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
February 22, 2018, 09:03:28 AM
We cant detect if the ICO was scam or not but if we joined the ICO compaign most of scammers locate on the telegram.I would say that because after you joined the telegram there was a person pm you and they like to invest you.This is the sign that they scammed on us so avoid it and try to point out if you invested was real or scam.
I will agree with you.Theres a lot of scammer in telegram sites its because they have a way to personal message on you.I've experienced that one but I've focused on the admin and not who directly pm me.In this situation we should be careful and keep up alert always.
very good action, they usually offer a profit and get you to invest immediately, in addition to a known person, maybe we move away if he offers an investment with empty clarity
Activity: 173
Astorgame.com | ICO is LIVE | Get Your Bonus
February 22, 2018, 05:16:09 AM
Even if they have all the white paper, github, source code etc. you still prone to scam because scammers are also upgrading their strategy. What you need to look for is the team behind the project because the project or white paper will not scam you but the person behind the project will. Check  if this guys are real person or just a dummy names and copy paste images. If this are real person,verify their credibility and check if they have a history of past scam project.
Activity: 154
February 22, 2018, 04:51:11 AM

The easiest way - they got your money and disappear with them.
Or they lock your tokens telling you can use them only after the ICO and that you have to wait and be patient. And then they're just relaxing at some sunny island when you're waiting like a fool for a letter.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024
February 22, 2018, 04:39:52 AM
As stated, there are many ways to scam people during ICO period. Some scammers look very professional that you see their project as investible. They actually market their scam ICO very well to make you invest in it.

Let me share with you an article that explains one of the most recent scam projects, Benebit and how they scam their investors.

https://medium.com/@Descrow/the-organizers-of-the-scam-project-benebit-have-disappeared-with-2-7-mln-ba0ef4fb440b

I had joined their bounty campaign to promote their project, and guess what? I got nothing!
It is normal because some of them are professional scammers and they take their time like they are in for the real business knowing it is for a good cause for their pocket. Most times, the only way to know is to find about their team.

It is not about a graphically well designed website, or a colorful and well written ICO or some github codes, the team definitely is just the best bet to be sure. You cannot have a team that has worked on several projects in the past outside cryptocurrency or probably have some relative experience with some top companies and a good position over the years, to spoil his or her name over scam.

Once you are sure this is a team you can assuredly leave your funds in their care, then that is when you can go find out about the project and analyze it yourself to see if it is something that can work before you invest.
Pages:
Jump to: