Pages:
Author

Topic: ICO scam!! - page 5. (Read 599 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 10
February 21, 2018, 10:11:36 AM
How do people actually get scammed after an ICO sale? Let's say i've gone through the company's website, whitepapers and github source codes. I have decided to put invest for some of their tokens. Is there a way i scammed after all this? Share your thoughts.  Smiley

They may just take your money and disappear. That's the easiest way to be scammed.  Wink
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
February 21, 2018, 10:10:21 AM
@serguvan
I went through your article. Really need to be careful out there.
Thanks for sharing mate!
QFT
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
February 21, 2018, 10:09:19 AM
The word scam is thrown around too fast around here.

As far as what can be considered a straight up scam, those are actually pretty rare and easy to spot.
These are the kind where everything is fake, the team, the company, the website.
Nothing of it exists and the after the ico they disapear and run away with your money.
If you do even a simple amount of research, you can quickly see if it is a completely fake company or not.

What most people nowadays call scams, are really just failed business ventures and startups.
What is more common is that a startup raises funds through an ICO, and the business goes nowhere, and the value of the coin or token drops below ICO price and stays there.
The most common reason why ICO startups fail is because of an incompetent tech team.
A lot of these companies gain no benefit having blockchain and they can't even implement it well.
No progress is made and the whole thing just dies.

You have to realize, that tokens and coins are not stocks in the company, if they have no real use then the value will fall.

I disagree with this, scam isn't thrown around loosely, lot's of coins here are scams.
Maybe we should all copy some coin collect money disappear and just say it's a failed business venture.
Activity: 731
Merit: 100
February 21, 2018, 10:07:13 AM
you may experience something bad after invest to ICO, why did not you check the all details of the ICO before you join or invest in there? check details ICO from the team and roadmap or others, because it is a key whether that the project will be successful or not in the future. I have long joined the ICO world and everything end successfully.
Activity: 392
Merit: 102
February 21, 2018, 09:58:39 AM
Everyone should know that when buying into an ICO, you're putting a tremendous amount of faith into the project team.  Not that they just wont walk away with your funds (Benebit,) but that they can execute.  They have to build the blockchain technology, promote the coin, negotiate with exchanges, maintain a community, navigate government regulations, and finally... stay together as a team to upgrade the technology as the environment changes.

These things are difficult for centralized businesses with managers and paychecks to force cohesiveness... but even more so for virtual teams.  I'm actually impressed so many get the job done with all these challenges.
Activity: 7
February 21, 2018, 09:37:50 AM
Signs of crypto projects to avoid:

1. Plagiarized white paper
2. Serial token creators
3. Lack of technical details
4. Can't find founders online
5. Lack of community support
6. Lack of real world use case
7. Obnoxious fundraising goals
8. Discounts / bonuses that sound too good

If all these things check out positive, you still have to be careful. You have to question yourself if the company is going to spend the funds properly, or that they just want to make a quick buck.

Also be careful of other scammers:
- Fake Mails
- Fake Websites
- Fake Telegram members

Always double check if the site/mail/person is the real one.
Activity: 686
Merit: 131
February 21, 2018, 09:37:35 AM
The word scam is thrown around too fast around here.

As far as what can be considered a straight up scam, those are actually pretty rare and easy to spot.
These are the kind where everything is fake, the team, the company, the website.
Nothing of it exists and the after the ico they disapear and run away with your money.
If you do even a simple amount of research, you can quickly see if it is a completely fake company or not.

What most people nowadays call scams, are really just failed business ventures and startups.
What is more common is that a startup raises funds through an ICO, and the business goes nowhere, and the value of the coin or token drops below ICO price and stays there.
The most common reason why ICO startups fail is because of an incompetent tech team.
A lot of these companies gain no benefit having blockchain and they can't even implement it well.
No progress is made and the whole thing just dies.

You have to realize, that tokens and coins are not stocks in the company, if they have no real use then the value will fall.
Activity: 88
February 21, 2018, 09:35:33 AM
How do people actually get scammed after an ICO sale? Let's say i've gone through the company's website, whitepapers and github source codes. I have decided to put invest for some of their tokens. Is there a way i scammed after all this? Share your thoughts.  Smiley
It is necessary to look at the most important thing about the team, so that they are all real people and not fake, do not be lazy to check out each member. Then you already switch to the product, there should be at least a working model, it is possible in the test version, it will be very good if the business is created long ago and this is a new direction!
absolutely, except in few cases where privacy is concerned, we can check the actual product and move fwd
Activity: 532
Merit: 14
February 21, 2018, 09:33:27 AM
As stated, there are many ways to scam people during ICO period. Some scammers look very professional that you see their project as investible. They actually market their scam ICO very well to make you invest in it.

Let me share with you an article that explains one of the most recent scam projects, Benebit and how they scam their investors.

https://medium.com/@Descrow/the-organizers-of-the-scam-project-benebit-have-disappeared-with-2-7-mln-ba0ef4fb440b

I had joined their bounty campaign to promote their project, and guess what? I got nothing!
Activity: 420
Merit: 15
February 21, 2018, 09:31:45 AM
It is necessary to look at the most important thing about the team, so that they are all real people and not fake, do not be lazy to check out each member. Then you already switch to the product, there should be at least a working model, it is possible in the test version, it will be very good if the business is created long ago and this is a new direction!
Activity: 280
Merit: 3
February 21, 2018, 09:24:00 AM
there are many ways as ICOs are usually investments in very early phase of the companies, some of them have literally nothing to show for their work. Therefore some of them simply won't deliver and scam their investors.
Activity: 59
Merit: 11
February 21, 2018, 09:22:00 AM
If I ask I do not know the scam of the ICO but we are careful in the forum we may have a lot of scammer that is spreading over time so we beware of you bitcoin and thank you very much for the news.

Activity: 13
February 21, 2018, 09:16:55 AM
How do people actually get scammed after an ICO sale? Let's say i've gone through the company's website, whitepapers and github source codes. I have decided to invest for some of their tokens. Is there a way i scammed after all this? Share your thoughts.  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: