Pages:
Author

Topic: ICO scammers, Sell your uploaded KYC ID documents, adress for a lot of money. - page 3. (Read 3569 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 100
This one is really ruining the purpose of KYC because if this is true, investors will lose trust on ICOs. That's the reason why that i always have a second thought joining in bounty campaigns that requires KYC.
Activity: 504
Merit: 106
I think that ICO scammers will not just take off with your invested money.

Probably also they selling your ID. proof of Identity + Selfie + proof of Residenz
Uploaded KYC ID documents + selfies and address data are sold with large quantities on the darkweb, which are probably collected via scam projects.

What do you think?.

check these screenshots for example

This adres http://wallstyizjhkrvmj.onion where they sell that shit

Yes they do that and this is not the first time, it has been happening for long and since you know that, it’s left for you to learn to avoid making mistakes of giving out your personal information online. This is one of the reasons why it’s good to have fake, disposable email address that you can give to anyone without worrying about what happens next. Then you also need a fake number that you can dispose at anytime. Lastly when you’re registering make sure not to use your real name.
copper member
Activity: 87
Merit: 2
This is really bad, but it's also an opportunity for honest ICO entrepreneurs.

Why not using smart contracts to decrypt information only after the ICO has finished and is indeed happening?

We are getting ready for a sale for several communities, and we will indeed pay close attention to offer a solution to the community in this aspect. Any ideas my fellows?

Best,
Borja
Activity: 994
Merit: 257
now it's not just projects and ICOs that are made scammers but new exchanges are also starting to emerge with lots of giving a certain bonus coin or eth number if you join and do KYC, then the bonus cannot be withdrawn and there are many complaints and then they are lost
That is a huge red flag and it should not be ignored, if an exchange ask you your documents in exchange for some coins then you know that something is up, because exchanges should only request that information out of you if it is in their policies and not as a way to try to promote a coin or something similar, if you see an exchange doing something like that do not give your documents to them because it is likely it is a scam.
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
If this is really true, then maybe i am really right with my intuation that something smells fishy about KYC stuff. I've been very reluctant to participate in ICO and bounty campaigns that requires KYC despite the reason that KYC can prevent money laundering.
Activity: 223
Merit: 17
This is some clever identity fraud. Hope this wont affect much people.
It is not good and these people should be put to death. How can one reveal and sell someone’s personal data? In my mind there is one solution for this problem and that is never give your original data on any site. Always use fake data so that you will be safe is such rascals sell your personal information and secret data to illegal users. It’s really shameful.
Using fake datas can result to a big problem to you later on, especially if you are using it in the legal site. The best thing that we can do here is that, don’t fill up any KYC form easily, most especially in a suspicious bounty campaign, this can prevent you from being exposed publicly.

Yes this is too risky for us to give our personal information because it will result into identity theft and can destroy your personality to others even in your love ones.
Sad thing is that, Its hard fo stop this one because a lot of marketers are looking for this kind of information in order for them to advertise easily, I just hope that this will be more regulated later on.

Use your original photo and change on both sides on your id cartoon the name, id nr, name, birthday.  (Best way to copy/paste letters from your own id or your buddys id card)i did never had any trouble on the big exchanges for verrify
Activity: 223
Merit: 17
And if someone steal your ID and make a account on coinbase or something, this can happend without you.
https://bitcoinist.com/student-400k-cryptocurrency-taxes/
Not saying  that this guy is victum, het made his own fault  but you can get this tax if you are a victum of id theft and your life is done. Thanks to the govements. They only care the tax.

I can only say: Photoshop both sides of your id card to stay safe.
Activity: 280
got double scamed like that. look at proof they sell them for €17 each and almost be richest scamer. we have to carefull about ICO when they dont got softcap , they will sell our identity on darkweb
Activity: 406
This is the disadvantage in doing a KYC as we can't be sure that they will protect our data in a higher secure site. Hackers can penetrate even those highly secured sites. We heard many hacked exchanges and even our personal data is not safe on those exchanges. I don't know why some projects will require their bounty participants to pass KYC. Maybe they will sell the data to the dark-web in a worst-case scenario if the project will not make it grow.
Activity: 275
Merit: 1
https://customcontract.network
this is what I fear when my personal data is sold on the black market and this is a violation, there should be special regulations regarding KYC enforcement so that illegal activities like this are difficult
Activity: 742
Merit: 144
It is not good and these people should be put to death. How can one reveal and sell someone’s personal data? In my mind there is one solution for this problem and that is never give your original data on any site. Always use fake data so that you will be safe is such rascals sell your personal information and secret data to illegal users. It’s really shameful.
Using fake datas can result to a big problem to you later on, especially if you are using it in the legal site. The best thing that we can do here is that, don’t fill up any KYC form easily, most especially in a suspicious bounty campaign, this can prevent you from being exposed publicly.

Yes this is too risky for us to give our personal information because it will result into identity theft and can destroy your personality to others even in your love ones.
Sad thing is that, Its hard fo stop this one because a lot of marketers are looking for this kind of information in order for them to advertise easily, I just hope that this will be more regulated later on.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

those scammers are so smart that they know if you are using a fake identity .  i have tried to sign up on several websites that is asking for credit cards but i always failed because they know that im using a fake credit card that i only generated online and also kyc is asking for selfie , you must hold your i.d and take a selfie with it by your self  so how can someone  fake this ?  i guess the only way to solve this problem is to not join them at all .  

kyc isnt the only basis if an ico is legit or even scam because other ico's that doesnt have a kyc can sometimes become succesful at the end . so all we gotta do is choose wisely  .
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Activity: 29
This is not new anymore and in fact you can find a lot of documents that's being sold in deep web.
They sold it in less than $20, a scanned id with billing statement and a selfie.
It's very unfortunate that kyc documents were abused and using for personal interest.
No matter how we tried to avoid them when the team requires it then we leave no choice.
It is definitely a big problem and I think it is difficult to overcome this problem. We should be careful while giving our personal data on every online site. These scammers are the worst people in the world and ruined lives of many innocent people. It is illegal and these scammers should be put to death, so that other scammers take a lesson from the verdict of scamming.
Yeah you are right; it is very difficult and almost impossible to know about a scam project. That’s why I always invest in authentic and reliable projects. Old coins in this regard are better option. I think that the best option for investment is bitcoin. It is more authentic and reliable than any other coin because it is the pioneer coin in the crypto market and there are no threats for you in this coin.
Activity: 262
Merit: 2
now it's not just projects and ICOs that are made scammers but new exchanges are also starting to emerge with lots of giving a certain bonus coin or eth number if you join and do KYC, then the bonus cannot be withdrawn and there are many complaints and then they are lost
Activity: 994
Merit: 257
This is a serious problem mate. I knew it, it's very possible that they're going to sell our information. That's breaching of contract. That's why before submitting your KYC documents make sure that those people behind that ICO are legit and all their details are visible too. It can be worst when they're going to use our documents in an evil doing, maybe someday we're shocked if someone give us an arrest warrant because of criminal offense that done by those fake ICO.
That is not enough, as long as you keep giving your documents away there is always going to be a risk of your information being stolen, who can guarantee you that the database with that information is not hacked? Or that a person belonging to the ico wants to get more money and sells that information? Do not give your information to anyone online, that is the only way to be 100% sure your information is not out there.
Activity: 896
Merit: 514

Probably also they selling your ID. proof of Identity + Selfie + proof of Residenz
Uploaded KYC ID documents + selfies and address data are sold with large quantities on the darkweb, which are probably collected via scam projects.

What do you think?.

[im g]https://s8.postimg.cc/csu1774g5/image.png[/img]

This is not a new thing and I’m not surprised to see this here too here cause it happens everywhere. That’s the reason why I have my private email and other emails that I can use for stuffs like this online. I only use my private email on trusted sites for things more important.

I have once used my email to register for some stuff on a website and they just sold out my information to others websites and I kept getting spam messages till I blocked them. But more still kept coming, but luckily the email account is not so important to me.
Activity: 69

What do you think?.

https://s8.postimg.cc/csu1774g5/image.png

This is not even a new thing. This has been happening for long, should I say starting from when internet was introduced. The dark web is really a bad place and lots of things are happening on the dark webs.

I have seen a lot of people order for some mysterious packages and end up getting themselves in problem. People do a lot of stuffs there, that’s why it’s good to protect yourself online and stop giving out sensitive information or things that are meant to be kept secret.
That is the reason that I never invested in new ICO project. Most of them are scams these days. It is much better to invest always in good coins. You will be mentally relaxed and no fear of revealing or selling your personal data to anyone. This is the easiest way to stop these scammers not to promote their project and also tell as many people as you can.
Activity: 532
what ?? I can't believe this so much, what we gonna do now as the bounty hunters? why it was so risk now then before ? I hope the best for the bounty campaign and I hope it will be there is someone or something who could take responsible for this kinda thing, at least to make a punishment.
Pages:
Jump to: