Pages:
Author

Topic: ICO scammers, Sell your uploaded KYC ID documents, adress for a lot of money. - page 6. (Read 3569 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 257
Yeah this is not a good situation. we are just selling our personal information cheaply. very bad. we can't stop scammers. pathetic problem with answer-less situation. 
If you take the time to analyze the situation you are not selling that information to scammers, you are in fact paying them to get your information which makes things even worse, after all scammers that create those kind of projects just to get your information are not going to build a successful project, they are going to run away with your money and your information, so you just paid for the privilege of losing that information.

Really disappointed to hear the incident. Will that happen by a legit ICO as well? Any chance or news to be like the one published? We recently had legit ICOs listed out in exchanges. They asked us for KYC to be done and we did the same. Are our documents are safe, not sold out? Hope it has not been done yet.
If the people behind the project in which you invested are real and want the best for the project and their investors it is obvious they are not going to sell that information, the problem is that as we know there are more scams in this market than legitimate projects, but if you did your due diligence and you know as a fact that the project in which you invested is legitimate you have nothing to worry about.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 256
This issue if KYC really bothers me alot, you really don't know whonus agbyhe other end or where your information is been sent to. I have come yo realize that done bounties that opt for KYC are usually fraudulent, ordinarily, what would a bounty require KYC for?. Worst of it all is that they give you worthless shitoins in exchange for your ID which they will certainly sell at a higher price.
Activity: 644
Merit: 10
Can advise to do greater the writing on their documents, "For KYC in project NNN". They cannot but accept such data, and it will be more difficult to use them for other purposes.
Activity: 504
This is one thing that I fear about KYC. I am aware of this thing. Sometimes, ICOs are a bit choosy. They only accept passport for KYC. But why? So this must be the reason. I also did some KYC before and I passed, but I used my driving license only rather than my passport, 'coz I think it's riskier to present the latter so. They might use it in their fraudulent transactions, and I'm afraid that I might wake up one day that I am banned in some countries without my knowledge. Also, make sure that what you are presenting your IDs for is worth it. If it's only for a small penny, never, never risk your identity. The price that you have to pay one day might not compensate for the tokens they're paying you with.
Activity: 714
Merit: 82
damn it. My documents were stolen, I'm sure.

this problem must be solved internationally.

There are many vendors in telegram groups.
The hands of the sellers usually have +100 credentials.

whitelistlerle register, white list sell.
Identities of European citizens are more expensive.
Passports are sold ...

The bad thing is an identity, it can be sold many times.
the buyer can resell it.

---

technology is very primitive!
Reliable systems required for online verification!

Activity: 532
There are some projects in which prize campaign participants must fill in the form to pass the KYC for the sake of a coin. however, sometimes the participant pass is not a guarantee or guideline that the value of the coin from the project with KYC requirements is good with the price value in the market. so it's very regrettable that important personal data documents are useless.
Activity: 162
It is a serious question for sure. You should look for trustworthy sites, however it is often hard to decide which one to trust. If you unconditionally want to go through a certain KYC process for less known company for some reason, you might just consider requesting a new ID from authorities. That would make the old one useless I guess
Activity: 1428
Merit: 120
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
That is why I am very limited in providing ID addresses for KYC's investment. No one will know when you provide KYC to the project, what they will do with it and it can completely be sold to others for malicious purposes.
Activity: 476
CAT.EX Exchange
yes you are right you should be careful when there are ICOs who ask KYC and give your sensitive information to them it will be very terrible and your data can be used for actions that are not good.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 787
Jack of all trades 💯
Yeah this is not a good situation. we are just selling our personal information cheaply. very bad. we can't stop scammers. pathetic problem with answer-less situation. 
If you take the time to analyze the situation you are not selling that information to scammers, you are in fact paying them to get your information which makes things even worse, after all scammers that create those kind of projects just to get your information are not going to build a successful project, they are going to run away with your money and your information, so you just paid for the privilege of losing that information.

Really disappointed to hear the incident. Will that happen by a legit ICO as well? Any chance or news to be like the one published? We recently had legit ICOs listed out in exchanges. They asked us for KYC to be done and we did the same. Are our documents are safe, not sold out? Hope it has not been done yet.

I don't really know on which of them are legit since eventhough they are successful for their cause still we cannot assure that we are on the satety side, and doing this kind of KYC thing makes me worry since I cannot tell if I will be safe on next following months or years for doing KYC.

Maybe there should be a rules or law on this so that people will not be a victim of identity stealer.
Activity: 882
Merit: 517
cloverdex.io

Activity: 994
Merit: 257
Activity: 1358
Merit: 259
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
yes you are right ico this will cause you problems and your privacy will be disturbed because surely your personal data will be used for something you don't know so that it will cause you to experience a lot of losses.
Activity: 294
W12 – Blockchain protocol
That's how ugly the consequences will be if you are submitting requirements for KYC into a scam ICO. You're not just wasting your time and money and effort because you also let them earn profit out from you through your ID. That's the very reason why i am so cautious about campaigns that asked KYC for their campaigns.
Activity: 392
Merit: 49
Yes, unfortunately OP is right here, I also had this presumption before, because KYC is going into the completely wrong direction. Finally we have here the proof that submitting KYC is a risk that your personal data are sold to unknown persons and I'm very sure they will use it for illegal things - they will do these illegal things in your name.

The results can be very bad for your, because if they got caught and it is noticed that they are doing illegal things the police will suspect you, because your name is involved. You'll get into big problems maybe pay a big punishment or you have to go to jail.

My result: Be careful and don't hand out your personal data. KYC is a big fail of justice, it's injustice! Bitcoins don't need KYC and that's why I like Bitcoin.  Smiley
Activity: 932
Merit: 100
arcs-chain.com
I think this is one of the risks we have to accept when we participate in an ICO project. The way to limit risk is to carefully review and evaluate the projects that you will participate.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027
It is not new as this documents are sold for very small price and mostly they take this documents who are interested in participating in ICO but due to their country restriction they cannot give their proof so they need other country proof and take this documents and fill the ICO kyc requirement and participate in ICO.
Activity: 14
Merit: 1
It is important to always be cautious with your identifying details. You definitely should not send personal information to a new project that  that you just heard about... Everybody should be very careful with their identity documents and information. These things should be expected, because it's a decentralized world.
Activity: 555
Merit: 252
I think that ICO scammers will not just take off with your invested money.

Probably also they selling your ID. proof of Identity + Selfie + proof of Residenz
Uploaded KYC ID documents + selfies and address data are sold with large quantities on the darkweb, which are probably collected via scam projects.

What do you think?.

check these screenshots for example

This adres http://wallstyizjhkrvmj.onion where they sell that shit

This is not a new thing, it has been for years and has been happening even anyone thought about Cryptocurrency. There used to be lots of fake sites even till today and what they do is to sell the info of those that registers or performs activities on their site, they will and sell it on the dark web. That’s why you should never give out sensitive information about yourself to anyone you meet online, always avoid sites that ask about you.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 523
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I think that is a very terrible act because your identity is very sensitive and they can sell your identity to commit crime or whatever they want so you should be careful.

Identity is what kyc verification is looking forward to work with and then you must not join to the campaign wherever you find the people asks you to join the campaign.
ICO company may sell the coins with the investors just for making money.
Pages:
Jump to: