Pages:
Author

Topic: Ico scams - page 5. (Read 1670 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
October 28, 2017, 06:17:28 AM
Been once scammed on an ICO a long time ago was a lesson for me. Actually I am not investing in any ICO during the last time. Fro me all the prices a bit toooo high
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
October 28, 2017, 05:55:07 AM
Have you ever been scammed in an ico,
How?

ye me many times due to investing sites
legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 1188
October 28, 2017, 05:19:57 AM
How?
I have never been scammed before and I really do not think I can ever be scammed. I do not just invest blindly in an ICO, I look at the team first, the project and product and the feasibility of the project being successful.

However, if you can do a proper digging on a team, I do not see how you can end up being scammed, highest that can ever happen is the coin taking too much time to grow or the project eventually not succeeding which giving the chances, they are usually close to impossible.
Activity: 28
October 27, 2017, 12:58:21 AM
Only one thing to do in these situations, the more info you got about the ICO, the more you can tell if it's a fake or not, if not that, get in touch with developers of that ICO, you might just get true nature of their doings. Or you can turn to community on forum, but also, now there are sites, that approves if an ICO is legit or not.
I will invest my money in Confideal in November.
Activity: 42
October 26, 2017, 03:14:58 PM
Why many people write that Russians making many scams??
I think they are good programmers and are making good projects as Confideal or Atlant

In my opinion Confideal is very good project with good team, with bounty campaign, successfully ended pre-ico.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
October 26, 2017, 11:30:01 AM
How?

Yes, I was in a signature campaign in Enigma Catalyst and it was said there that we will be paid with tokens but still we haven't received any token from them. It was about 18 dollars worth of tokens per week. We, the participants, waited for about a month for the releasing of payments but it was just some sort of scam.

I guess you can never pick an ICO. You can never be sure if it is a scam or not, so basically what we can only do is to report them in order to prevent another scam from them. It's okay if the ICO fails and the payment is not made, If payment is not made and the ICO succeed well it is a scam. We just have to trust on our initial conviction or judgement of the ICO then luck is all we can hold onto if the ICO will be a scam or not.
Activity: 42
October 26, 2017, 11:28:41 AM
Why many people write that Russians making many scams??
I think they are good programmers and are making good projects as Confideal or Atlant
Activity: 453
October 26, 2017, 11:27:50 AM
Only one thing to do in these situations, the more info you got about the ICO, the more you can tell if it's a fake or not, if not that, get in touch with developers of that ICO, you might just get true nature of their doings. Or you can turn to community on forum, but also, now there are sites, that approves if an ICO is legit or not.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
October 26, 2017, 11:18:34 AM
Tezos + ATS...biggest scammers ever
Ctn
Activity: 644
Merit: 259
October 23, 2017, 12:01:53 AM
How?

I believe there was many but I was scammed by one and that was for the first and last time. It was turbo coin ICO which I worked for in bouties. The coin sucked and they never paid me a dime from the project. Also the coin stands at 1000+ number now which a shameful ICO. Lols. They ran away with the money I guess. The ICO was very good in initial stages but later on everything was suck-o-fraud-ICO  Roll Eyes
Activity: 210
Merit: 106
October 22, 2017, 11:50:50 PM
I never scammed by ico so far. But i know many people are victim of scam ico.
Actually i never participated in ico since i can not really understand which ico is good or not. I bought coin when enter to market.
Activity: 1
October 22, 2017, 11:40:31 PM
Im really getting into ICO..If you do your research you can turn a good profit quickly. Yesterday i invested heavily in COBINHOOD (CBO) only minutes before the ICO ended. By this morning im profiting 50%. Usually i'd be happy and sell it for a quick return but some with potential ill hold.. I highly recommend investing in ICO. Just know what your putting your money into beforehand so you dont end up with a pile of useless coins. Majority of ICO are in it to win it.
Activity: 233
Merit: 101
October 22, 2017, 11:36:11 PM
I'll let you know in a few months... haha
Activity: 168
Merit: 14
October 22, 2017, 11:16:21 PM
How?
In my opinion ICO scam?  i'm still new here  For me I have not experience of get scammed of an ICOs, new to ICOs but I also take extra measure to not involve of that scam ICOs I make sure to look at the team behind that projects before investing.
Activity: 336
Merit: 106
October 22, 2017, 09:24:42 PM
A lot of people have been scammed by icos lately, and there is nothing new with it because a lot of them are only created to raise a lot of funds, and the make the founders run away from that, it is common nowadays, maybe the half of them are scam, and they all are making false promises to their investors, like saying that they are going to have 3000% return if they invest, it is so easy to find an ico like that in this forum.
That is why i never invest in this kind of programs, it is too risky for me.

Saying that there will be 3000% return of investment is a red flag; it's one of the many signs of a scam.

There has been numerous ICO scams these days and because of this it has discouraged investors to invest on ICOs however there are still some ICOs there that are worth investing on. This also the reason why there has been news that there will be ICO regulations and ICO bans in other countries. We just have to be cautious by researching thoroughly before making an investment.
Activity: 560
October 22, 2017, 09:22:48 PM
How?

i have never been fooled by an ico. so I think it must be accompanied by judgment and experience. certainly the most important knowledge, so I guess you should have it when you are going to be involved with an ico
Activity: 1344
Merit: 270
October 22, 2017, 09:07:59 PM
How?

there are a lot of ico that developed this year. there are some inappropriate ico, or referring to fraud. but in fact all that we can learn first. if you have knowledge and experience. of course you will always learn every ico you will follow.
Activity: 266
Merit: 102
October 22, 2017, 08:29:55 PM
From now, I've been never victims of scam by ICO's. To avoid in the hands of scam we should be research and analyze always in joining ico's. We need to convince an ico's if it is real or scam. Know all members who participated in ico's. More members in ICO's it is possible a real and not scam. Mostly icos are scam and we need to be alert in all projects.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
October 21, 2017, 04:56:25 PM
Anyone willing to participate in any ICO really needs to do their homework beforehand. Every piece of information needs to be verifiable. In the end it's up to you to decide whether the idea is worth investing in.

Before you invest on a project you have to do your own research always. As you said all informations must be clarified by the team and if you know that the project is legit, you have to know the team behind the project and they must give a costumer protection for example, if the project's ICO fails all the invested money will be given to the investors.
Activity: 168
October 21, 2017, 04:50:31 PM
as we see that number of ICOs are everyday increasing, scam projects are also increasing unfortunately.
Pages:
Jump to: