Pages:
Author

Topic: Icons should be banned from topic title - page 2. (Read 422 times)

legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
April 25, 2020, 09:47:38 AM
I agree--it looks sloppy as hell, but at this point anyone creating a thread in that section (for example) almost has to use icons and capital letters and whatever else they can get away with just so their thread title isn't less obnoxious than all the others. 

Those ANN sections are on ignore for me, so I don't have to be exposed to all that nonsense, but people still try to "spice up" their thread titles using code for bold letters (which fails, but you can still see they tried), all CAPS, and whatever else.  I wouldn't be opposed to getting rid of icons for titles altogether, but that's sort of a low-priority problem for Theymos I'm sure.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1087
April 25, 2020, 09:47:19 AM
if looking messy and unprofessional(in your opinion) is your only reason why icons should be banned you'll get nowhere. different people have a different opinion regarding the matter but as long as theymos allow it and no valid reason for it to be banned it will stay whether we like it or not.

Also, a title of capitalized characters should be restricted, not to mention a full capitalized topic like this.

I too not a fan of Full capitalized topic but there is not enough reason for it to be restricted.
Activity: 186
Merit: 253
April 25, 2020, 09:37:58 AM
I know that the OPs want to gather some attention for their topics but it make the whole section look messy and unprofessional.

Also, a title of capitalized characters should be restricted, not to mention a full capitalized topic like this.
Pages:
Jump to: